The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Playing Games at Gitmo

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I can't agree with locking people up indefinitely without charging them with something, that is what happens to even the worst of criminals in the US, whether they are citizens or not. I'm still trying to figure out, though, why these guys aren't just POWS (if they were captured in battle or attempting acts of terrorism).
    ...and that is the question that NO ONE (That's for you, Bill...) can answer. What do we, as a country, lose by treating them as POW's except the "ability" to torture them? So they don't have a uniform or a standing army or a nation-state. What do we lose by treating them better than they expect to be treated.

Just Wondering Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    The bulk of those released have probably given us as much info/intelligence as we're going to get out of them and are no longer useful. Gitmo isn't a Holiday Inn to provide jihadis with three hots and a cot.
    That first sentence you have no proof of. The second sentence I concur

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Your contention was that most Gitmo detainees have been released because there wasn't enough evidence to try them for war crimes. The bulk of the releases were before trials were even considered, so how could "lack of evidence for trial" possibly have been a reason for releasing them? And no, your initial assertion was not that there might still be innocent people in Gitmo. In case you forgot, here's what you said: "The majority have been released or transferred to their home countries for lack of evidence to put them on trial for war crimes."

As I said, and proved, that's patently bullsh....err...false.
    Your contention is:The bulk of the releases were before trials were even considered, so how could "lack of evidence for trial" possibly have been a reason for releasing them?". You really haven't proved anything. What you consider as proof is only what you think is true. Proof needs evidence not opinions.
    My initial post to this thread was to Bob. And if you read what Bob said you will see that my response imply's innocent prisoners at Gitmo

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

What scares me is the courts extension of Constitutional rights to non citizens who are guerilla fighters and have no rights to any of the protections they seek to destroy.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post

What scares me is the courts extension of Constitutional rights to non citizens who are guerilla fighters and have no rights to any of the protections they seek to destroy.
    That doesn't scare me at all, Bob. What IS scary is that so many on THIS board side with these terrorists. And then they have the audacity to run down a country that allows them to do so.

They are all most likely rooting for President Bush to 'pardon' that idiot that joined the jihad, denouncing his US citizenship until he was captured. Then he sang a different tune. Now he's begging for a pardon.

Actually, come to think of it, I'm in favor of that too, but only if he's deported to Syria. Then we could listen to the libs squeel. But think of the justice in doing that....again pointing out how people seldom get what they want, but usually get what they deserve.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    I am wondering who really hates this country: Those that seek to ensure those in it's custody for whatever reason are treated, as a minimum, fairly IAW established rules or those that seek to deny fair treatment to those that oppose us.

Now, see, you have just shown what a simple-minded asshat you are. I'd put my career up against yours, assuming you had the courage to serve, any day of the week.

Kind Regards,

Joe S.

I joined the USAF right out of high school. Went to basic at Lackland. Spent a year in training at Lowery in Denver. Avionic Test Station for F-111s. Started having some medical problems. Really don't want to bore you with the details. But I believe it was complications from a pituitary tumor. I was medically discharged after a year and a half. Tried to join the marines but couldn't get in for the above reasons. So you may have more time in service then me.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    . What IS scary is that so many on THIS board side with these terrorists. And then they have the audacity to run down a country that allows them to do so.
    UB
    Can you please give specific examples of posters siding with terrorists?

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Oh by the way Joe. Since you think I'm so simple minded. Exactly what job did you get placed in in the military. You realize they place you according to test scores.

Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    Oh by the way Joe. Since you think I'm so simple minded. Exactly what job did you get placed in in the military. You realize they place you according to test scores.
    my dad can beat up your dad [huge eyeroll]
    ________
    Chevrolet Kodiak
    Last edited by precisionlabradors; 04-26-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    No, they don't. I maxed the ASVAB, I was a crane operator. A buddy scored in the 90's but was 11B (infantry) because he wanted to go to Hawaii.

Those test scores don't mean much. I was a nervous 17 year old 200 miles from home (first time alone in a big city - Milwaukee) in a crappy Howard Johnson the night before I took my physical when I took mine.

Quote Originally Posted by brian breuer View Post
    No, they don't. I maxed the ASVAB, I was a crane operator. A buddy scored in the 90's but was 11B (infantry) because he wanted to go to Hawaii.

Those test scores don't mean much. I was a nervous 17 year old 200 miles from home (first time alone in a big city - Milwaukee) in a crappy Howard Johnson the night before I took my physical when I took mine.
    What really should be said is test scores limit what specialties you may be considered for - I was an athletic instructor my time in the USAF, stationed at Hdqtrs SAC, in LeMay's time, also did basic at Lackland when it was still Army Air Corps. We had 3 people in our group who maxed the tests of 9 total at Offutt, being an athletic instructor (72750) had no score requirement on the tests.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!