The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Playing Games at Gitmo

Quote Originally Posted by backpasture View Post
    Had he actually read and responded to the article we were discussing, his response may have been more reasoned, and then my response likely would have been more measured. If you want to just pipe in from the peanut gallery with your preconceived ideas, though, don't be surprise when I respond with a smackdown.

Sorry if I hurt somebody's feelings by being 'not very nice'. Since the person in question is evidently a Marine, though, I think he can probably take it.

Thanks for chiming in and letting us know that speaking out against torture is your idea of a 'twisted, moronic, extreme left view', though! (Although I think we probably could have ascertained that from your previous posts.)

You don't "hurt my Feelings" I read that BS you post and get a pretty good chuckle out of it. "Smack down" you may be being a little bit of a drama queen there.

Quote Originally Posted by brian breuer View Post
    Well since the 60 Minutes transcript didn't convince you. How about something from FoxNews.

"How to Break a Terrorist," Matthew Alexander - was on Hannity and Combs last night. He repeatedly said that torture was not effective for producing information. Hannity asked him this repeatedly and disagreed with his stance at the end of the interview.

Here is a link to FoxNews transcript of the show. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,460944,00.html

I found it amusing that Hannity kept coming back to saying that "harsher methods" would be needed and disagreeing with Alexander in their effectiveness. I guess his experience as a talk show host gives him expertise in this area.

Here is the authors bio from the book.

Bio of Matthew Alexander

No bio available for Matthew Alexander.
    Bio of John R. Bruning

John Bruning is a prolific military and aviation historian who is the author of six books, including the critically acclaimed The Devil's Sandbox: With the 2nd Battalion, 162nd Infantry at War in Iraq. He has also consulted for museums in both the U.S. and Europe, and for computer companies such as Sierra Online and Microsoft, and has helped produce more than a dozen historical documentaries.
    Why would this "Mathew Alexander" need a military historian and expert on the gulf war to help him write a book?
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by K.Bullock View Post
    Here is the authors bio from the book.

Why would this "Mathew Alexander" need a military historian and expert on the gulf war to help him write a book?
    Why would John McCain need someone to help him write a book? Or Ronald Reagan? Both had someone ghostwrite their autobiographies for them.

It's not unusual to have an actual writer help you write a book if you have a story to tell. It is helpful if that writer knows something of the subject matter. So, it's not shocking that a book about the military would be written with the help of someone who knows a bit about the military.

Grasping at straws, regards.
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by backpasture View Post
    Why would John McCain need someone to help him write a book? Or Ronald Reagan? Both had someone ghostwrite their autobiographies for them.

It's not unusual to have an actual writer help you write a book if you have a story to tell. It is helpful if that writer knows something of the subject matter. So, it's not shocking that a book about the military would be written with the help of someone who knows a bit about the military.

Grasping at straws, regards.
    You could be right on this one ...we'll see though. Now I am curious as all get out about this guy.
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Good Job, Hoosier. I didn't think anyone could bring RTF to a higher level, but you certainly have.
    Stand aside conservatives, your new spokesperson has arrived.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

My mom told me years ago during the depression years if the police authorities had a particularly unsavory character that was dagerous and kept causing trouble they would take that individual out in the country and take thier hat off and throw it into a field and tell them to go get it. When they went to get it the police shot them in the back of the head for trying to escape! Kind of like the movie "The Onion Fields".

I think it's time to issue these terrorist scum some turbans and throw them into the ocean and tell them to go get it....

They are terrorists!!! They deserve no pity!!! They would give you none!

They are worse than spies. They should disappear from the face of the earth. They deserve no rights!!!! Except for last rights!!!!!

We let a man named Osama Bin Laden go and we never took him serious....3000 Americans lost their lives because of the subversion these subhumans at Gitmo created.

Toss their turbans into the ocean and tell them to go get them....
    The More I Learn About People ,The More I Love My Dog!

A good friend will bail you out of jail. A really good friend will be sitting in jail beside you saying "DAMN that was fun!!!"

"Watermarks Troublesome Bonnie MH QAA"
    "Luthenauer Troublesome Coon Creek Susie MH MNH1"
    "Coon Creeks Backwater Quack Head MH"
    "Luthenauer Sir Buster Brown SH"

Forget what I said. Buster stands above Hoosier.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    My mom told me years ago during the depression years if the police authorities had a particularly unsavory character that was dagerous and kept causing trouble they would take that individual out in the country and take thier hat off and throw it into a field and tell them to go get it. When they went to get it the police shot them in the back of the head for trying to escape! Kind of like the movie "The Onion Fields".

I think it's time to issue these terrorist scum some turbans and throw them into the ocean and tell them to go get it....

They are terrorists!!! They deserve no pity!!! They would give you none!

They are worse than spies. They should disappear from the face of the earth. They deserve no rights!!!! Except for last rights!!!!!

We let a man named Osama Bin Laden go and we never took him serious....3000 Americans lost their lives because of the subversion these subhumans at Gitmo created.

Toss their turbans into the ocean and tell them to go get them....
    Buster...I'm sorry, do we live on the same planet?
    Summary police judgement, and execution. Brother, believe me. It's not what you want, nor deserve.
    You might also update your recollections of 'The Onion Field'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Onion_Field

Regards from center, believe it or not,
    JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 12-05-2008 at 12:33 AM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Buster...I'm sorry, do we live on the same planet?
    Summary police judgement, and execution. Brother, believe me. It's not what you want, nor deserve.
    You might also update your recollections of 'The Onion Field'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Onion_Field
    JD
    J. Dogger: I guess we don't even live in the same dimension.

In my dimension there are 3000 innocent people who died because of those scum bags in gitmo...

and in my dimension terrorism should be dealt with swiftly and severely.

In my dimension those terrorists should not have been allowed to draw air any longer than it took to extract enough information out of them to exact my dimensions justice on their cronies.

In my Dimension "W"'s statenment that the terrorists who committed these heneous acts "will have nowhere on this earth to hide" is taken literally and if that doesn't scare terrorists into in-action then it reduces their number.

In my dimension I see no reason to allow them a day in court or any rights to our legal system at all. In fact I see no reason to allow them to exist any longer unless there is more information to be extracted...in any way...from them!

Perhaps in your dimension you might let these poor misunderstood individuals go. ..and perhaps they wouldn't commit another heneous crime like they did...yeah right (wink wink...)

A good friend will bail you out of jail. A really good friend will be sitting in jail beside you saying "DAMN that was fun!!!"

J dogger you are right about the movie. It is not a coreect reference but that does not change the intent or tone of my pots.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    J dogger you are right about the movie. It is not a coreect reference but that does not change the intent or tone of my pots.
    Buster, I am sure it does not. I need to go to bed. Let's resume this another time. OK?

JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 12-05-2008 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Cause it's late