Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Would Jesus Do?????

Thumbs down What Would Jesus Do?????

I read the news today oh boy
    A Wal-Mart worker was killed black Friday
    All he did was unlock the door
    2000 people trampled him to death.

So...... black Friday is the start of the Christmas Shopping season.

Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus.
    Yes everyone knows it is not really the birthday of Jesus but early Christians needed to replace the winter pagan celebration with something to promote conversions. So, it is the "Celebration" of the birth of the Christ. Will these heartfelt gifts hold even more meaning for the people both giving and receiving knowing that a person WAS KILLED in order to purchase world of war 2 for junior to play with on Christmas morning? To get in such a frenzy over shopping?????

What would Jesus do???

Ken Bora

ps- I figured it out after typing this. He would forgive them of course. Probably why he is a better person than I am.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

I heard the same story and just amazed that people get that worked up over a toy…maybe we are a nation of infidels.

I have never understood standing in line to get into a store.

Although back in the 70s I stood in line to see Star Wars!

In a mob like acceleration it is easy to wonder if one would actually recognize they stepped on someone while running into the store (could they have thought it was a rolled carpet), if that someone were hurt, if you caused any hurt, if you could have stopped, if you could have helped, if…

All things are easy from the cheap seats.

Not a nation of infidels, a nation of "me first", perhaps.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post

Yes everyone knows it is not really the birthday of Jesus but early Christians needed to replace the winter pagan celebration with something to promote conversions. So, it is the "Celebration" of the birth of the Christ. Will these heartfelt gifts hold even more meaning for the people both giving and receiving knowing that a person WAS KILLED in order to purchase world of war 2 for junior to play with on Christmas morning? To get in such a frenzy over shopping?????

What would Jesus do???

Ken Bora

ps- I figured it out after typing this. He would forgive them of course. Probably why he is a better person than I am.
    What would Jesus do? He would condemn their actions. First he never said celebrate his birth. He said remember his death and what it stood for. In his day, only pagan rulers celebrated thier birth. Second, the celebration of his birth is not really a celebration of his birth. That is a cover story used to wrap numerous pagan celebrations into one end of year celebration. How do you think Jesus feels about that? For most, Christmas today is not even about Christ. Big business has turned it into a commercial endeavor and its mostly a time to get off work and do family things.

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

I couldn't believe this either.. I never go shopping on Black Friday!

Jesus is certainly dissapointed in what "materialism" exists.

I give "homemade" gifts,and don't focus on the video games like my kids would like.

I don't participate in our families gift exchange for the kids, as they pick all the expensive,must have nonsense.. I don't agree with it..

my niece spends a few hundred dollars a month on texting her friends,, dont get it..

I pray for the family on the person who was just trying to earn a paycheck,and lost his life.. how sad..

God Bless, Maria

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Although back in the 70s I stood in line to see Star Wars!
    Damn, we could be twins: I stood in line for Star Wars, too.

Obi Wan Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post

What would Jesus do???

Ken Bora

Great topic check this out >>>http://www.adventconspiracy.org/
    Make sure you click the video:
    Even if you don't get involved, they have some interesting ideas.

The story of Christ's birth is a story of promise, hope, and a revolutionary love.

So, what happened? What was once a time to celebrate the birth of a savior has somehow turned into a season of stress, traffic jams, and shopping lists.

And when it's all over, many of us are left with presents to return, looming debt that will take months to pay off, and this empty feeling of missed purpose. Is this what we really want out of Christmas?

What if Christmas became a world-changing event again?
    BTW: Nice Deer
    Last edited by K.Bullock; 12-01-2008 at 11:33 AM.
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Unlike you two Joes...I stopped standing in line when I returned from Germany and received my discharge.

I wasn't the originator of the story, but I was a repeater of it.... about the first Sgt musing to the short-timer that he'd probably be looking forward to pissing on his grave some day. But the short-timer said "no". "Why not?" asked the 1st Sarge. "Because I promised myself that once I left the military, I'd never again stand in line." stated the soldier. Those were my sentiments as well.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Unlike you two Joes...I stopped standing in line when I returned from Germany and received my discharge.

I wasn't the originator of the story, but I was a repeater of it.... about the first Sgt musing to the short-timer that he'd probably be looking forward to pissing on his grave some day. But the short-timer said "no". "Why not?" asked the 1st Sarge. "Because I promised myself that once I left the military, I'd never again stand in line." stated the soldier. Those were my sentiments as well.

UB
    UB

Too many years ago then I can remember ,very, very young ,once told a Sgt his grave would be well taken care of and promised no grass would grow on it as there would be a long line! of those that would water it. It cost me a little but it was worth it.

Earl
    Earl Dillow