The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Would Jesus Do?????

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    Damn, we could be twins: I stood in line for Star Wars, too.

Obi Wan Regards,

Joe S.
    You're a dork

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Johndrow View Post
    You're a dork
    Pretty much...

But I'm So Damn Good At It That It Is Difficult To Quit Regards,

Joe s.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

I actually remember standing in line for Star Wars....barely.

Juli
    God answers prayers all the time. Even the ones we don't know we asked. God is Good (always)

"There are only two ways to live your life.
    One is as though nothing is a miracle.
    The other is as though everything is a miracle."

- Albert Einstein

chuckling

I really had to dig into the archives for that Star Wars memory.

UB/Joe

I expect our military service has soured us toward the idea of standing in lines and we avoid them whenever possible.

Hmmm. I guess I never stood in a line for my Service. But I come from a different generation...

I, like many men I suspect, Hate Christmas becuase of what people treat it as... I wish Charistmas was more like Thanksgiving.

That's what the holiday should reflect IMHO. Get the whole family together, EAT, DRINK, LAUGH, CRY... no presents, no pressure, just family and getting together.

Also, I've never been able to have the patience to wait to give someone something, or to get something in return (or just wait for them to give me something). If I see something I want, I buy it. And if I'm inspired to buy something for another person, I buy it and can't wait to give it to someone. What I DO like about the gifts part of Christmas, is when I get something for someone, they open it, and they didn't even know they wanted it! That's a good gift.

I spent very little money this year. I have a bunch of job interviews in MN and so I'm driving back and forth and can't afford to do much gift giving... I also have to save up for a down payment on a house, and some other stuff I want to do... Who's EVER had the money for the Christmas season? Not I...
    Richard
    Legacy 6

Legacy's Lady Jade "Jade" (d. 23JUNE08)
    Legacy's Tallgrass of Natoma "Natti"

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy 6 View Post
    Hmmm. I guess I never stood in a line for my Service. But I come from a different generation...

I, like many men I suspect, Hate Christmas becuase of what people treat it as... I wish Charistmas was more like Thanksgiving.

That's what the holiday should reflect IMHO. Get the whole family together, EAT, DRINK, LAUGH, CRY... no presents, no pressure, just family and getting together.

Also, I've never been able to have the patience to wait to give someone something, or to get something in return (or just wait for them to give me something). If I see something I want, I buy it. And if I'm inspired to buy something for another person, I buy it and can't wait to give it to someone. What I DO like about the gifts part of Christmas, is when I get something for someone, they open it, and they didn't even know they wanted it! That's a good gift.

I spent very little money this year. I have a bunch of job interviews in MN and so I'm driving back and forth and can't afford to do much gift giving... I also have to save up for a down payment on a house, and some other stuff I want to do... Who's EVER had the money for the Christmas season? Not I...
    Good Luck with the job interviews. That was a pretty stressful time for me...not that I am a closet control-freak or anything.

When I left the military I took the long view of the job hunting process. I took a job in the profession I wanted, not for the money I felt I was worth, and figured if I worked hard and did what I was supposed to do it would all work out in the end. It has pretty much played out as I expected.

It All Works Out No Matter How It Works Out Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin