The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What do you think about this dog as a stud?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaK9 View Post
    Don't lie Lonnie! I know you and Mark had rolled up a bunch of pennies and nickels and sent to that ol boy for that whopper stud fee!!

Chuck
    No I want to breed my black girl to Stoney. The new breed Labraboykins. For the sarcastically challenged this is a joke!!
    Mark L.

Quote Originally Posted by fishduck View Post
    No I want to breed my black girl to Stoney. The new breed Labraboykins. For the sarcastically challenged this is a joke!!
    Mark L.
    I wish I could find the ad now, but this weekend I came across a Craigs List ad for a Pugador. I kid you not!

Okay, found it!

2 year old black lab pug mix - $2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply to: sale [?]
    Date: 2008-11-27, 5:46AM PST

Two year old black lab pug. Male. Has shots. Fixed. He is a sweet loving dog. Loves other dogs and animals as well. I work full time and go to school full time so I cannot give him the attention that he deserves. He needs a yard because he has lots of energy. Please call xxx-xxxx

Joni
    I don't wear black because it makes me look slim, I wear black because it hides the dog hair.

I am holding out for a Chihuawador. A duck dog that fits in the front pocket of my waders. Let him out to make a retrieve. The demand for well bred chihuahuaXlabrador should be immense.
    Thanks
    Mark L.

Ok before this bashing goes any further let get some stuff strait. I have had all but the CNM test done. It is in the mail to me. No the OFA is not back but I had a prelim report done and it came back good. New to the hunt test game that is why he is not farther along coupled with having to have heartworm treatment haven't had much time to train during this last year or run test. Lspann is trying to start trouble with me for what ever reason and I am now sure why for yet. I have trained duck dogs in the past. He has a list of a few people to be bred to as soon as all clearences are back. He is a great duck dog. Titles are nice and it is great to have them but it is not everything. I am amazed by you people that get on here bashing others without knowing the full story and that is why I no longer post on this board. I have said my peace and if there is anything else you want to know contact me instead of hiding behind a name and bashing people.

I said he had been tested for these clearances. I have never said any were passed yet except for the OFA with passed prelims. That is why I have not bred him yet. He who is without sin may cast the first stone.
    Last edited by southerncomfortretrievers; 12-02-2008 at 01:01 PM.
    Southern Comfort Retrievers- www.southerncomfortretrievers.com
    Dixie Dog Supply Dealer
    Owens Dog Box Dealer
    Wild Ragin Cajun

Quote Originally Posted by southerncomfortretrievers View Post

He is a great duck dog. Titles are nice and it is great to have them but it is not everything. .
    I think your dog is handsome as can be. I understand the impacts of EIC, hips and/or other stuff, BUT I have learned many of these fine animals, affected or not, make great companions.

Your dog looks great, if he were mine I'd be proud! I'm sure your testing will come back fine! Don't give up on the info you can find here, there are also some great folks who care about these amazing creatures, just like you!

R/ Byron

Quote Originally Posted by southerncomfortretrievers View Post
    Ok before this bashing goes any further let get some stuff strait. I have had all but the CNM test done. It is in the mail to me. No the OFA is not back but I had a prelim report done and it came back good. New to the hunt test game that is why he is not farther along coupled with having to have heartworm treatment haven't had much time to train during this last year or run test. Lspann is trying to start trouble with me for what ever reason and I am now sure why for yet. I have trained duck dogs in the past. He has a list of a few people to be bred to as soon as all clearences are back. He is a great duck dog. Titles are nice and it is great to have them but it is not everything. I am amazed by you people that get on here bashing others without knowing the full story and that is why I no longer post on this board. I have said my peace and if there is anything else you want to know contact me instead of hiding behind a name and bashing people.

I said he had been tested for these clearances. I have never said any were passed yet except for the OFA with passed prelims. That is why I have not bred him yet. He who is without sin may cast the first stone.
    Well, with all due respect, OFA Preliminary results are searchable on their website. I searched. Nothing there. CERF is reported on the OFA website as well as the CERF website. Nothing on your dog on either site. I'm sorry if you consider it bashing, but all of those certifications are verifiable by both name and registration number, but there just doesn't seem to be any record. Of course, you'd have the certification numbers that you could post. Also, I don't quite understand what you mean by "I have never said any were passed yet except for the OFA with passed prelims." Does that mean that the eyes are not CERFed or that he did not pass the eye exam? Does it mean that you've not received any certifications yet, but you are advertising at stud? Just what is the full story because none of these alleged certifications are verifiable? And, I'm not hiding behind a name.
    HRCH Meglyn's Honest Abe MH
    HRCH Meglyn's Maramaxx Daisycutter MH (Daisy)
    SHR Meglyn's Eye on the Prize JH (Molly)
    Meglyn's Timbrhuntn ValleyGirl (Lilly)
    Meglyn's Prime Time to Leave Me Lucille (Lucy)
    Meglyn's Lionheart (Little Guy)
    In memory of Chevy, HR Meglyn's Silverado Slim SH, July 20, 2006. I miss you, buddy.
    and HR Meglyn's Blue Ridge Belle MH, July 19, 2008. I miss you, Baby Girl.

www.meglynretrievers.com

I'm really surprised this thread has been allowed to continue. With all due respect to you Don, I've done multiple OFA prelims, none showed up on OFA, maybe I did not check the correct box on the form, but whatever. This guy's dog turned 2 on 11/23/08, I sent in films to OFA on 11/21, just got my emailed confirmation today that they are there so this guy very likely hasn't gotten his results yet either. Not everyone submits their AVCO exam results to CERF and there are plenty of prominent studs on OFA that don't have CERF data, the AVCO exam paper itself states normal or if there are problems, CERF is nothing more than the registry. As for his pedigree, nothing wrong with it if you want a working hunting dog or do some HT. Why his dog only has a started at his age, for shame, some people aren't driven to have a finished title by the time their dog is 2, some look at it as a hobby, some just get started later, there are many reasons. Southerncomfort didn't get much but a bad taste from this thread and if the OP's intent was to find out about his own dog's littermate/pedigree as claimed later, he should have stated it as such in the beginning, not made it about Southerncomfort's dog's worth as a stud, IMHO.
    Kim Pfister, Rainmaker Labs

This is the kind of nonsense that gives RTF and "the internet" a bad name.

I think a bunch of you need to think about how you would feel if this sort of nonsense was directed at you.

LSpann, we've talked before on the phone and I'm shocked that you chose to publicly post a reply to a private email like this.

I'm locking the thread and asking you guys to drop the crummy treatment of others in threads like this. This is a needless gang-up on someone who is a participating member of RTF.

I'd suggest a few of you step up and PM the guy some sort of token of remorse.

This bums me out...

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"