The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ok ...a little spooky.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    I guess having been in the military I don't have that evil tin hat feeling when it comes to the motivations of those that are in the Military.
    Say Dan, how is that flu bug doing? 'Cause I'm starting to feel ill myself...

I agree with you, kind of.

I don't think it is the fear of the military, per se. I think it is the fear of the Government ordering the military to do things unthinkable to American citizens. Every two-bit country that has a coup the people doing the coup-ing are the military on orders from Generals or politicians. So that fear of "It could happen here..." sorta' maybe seeps in except we aren't a two-bit country.

Again, I think it should be watched closely but as outlined, I think it is a good idea from an Emergency Management perspective.

How's the duck hunting?

Shoot Them In The Bill Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Well, I saw military in the streets of Washington DC during the riots of the late 60s. Didn't stop to ask if they were NG or active military ... just got directions to get the heck out of there. Believe the same thing was going on in Newark NJ at the time. Exits on the NJ Turnpike into the city were closed.

Armed soldiers in the streets are pretty scary ... but it seems that there are times when they have been called upon in the past.
    I didn't say that because Eisenhower did it, itís okay, and Obama/Bush does it, itís not...

Both are Unconstitutional.
    Richard
    Legacy 6

Legacy's Lady Jade "Jade" (d. 23JUNE08)
    Legacy's Tallgrass of Natoma "Natti"

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy 6 View Post
    National Defense and Natural Disaster are one thing...
    It is.

Deploying troops within the US to assist in "police" and "security" type missions, IOW to enforce the laws - is quite another.
    Again, that does not appear to be the role as outlined. The role as outlined calls for 92% of the troops to be in a response role with 8% in a "force protection role." 18,400 helps in a disaster response role is a LOT of help.

We could talk about the NG troops doing security at Airports, and we could also talk about Marshal Law... but I'm not going to go into that...
    Could...but NG troops doing security at Airports were augmenting local PD and did not have powers of arrest, as I recall. They had the power to detain. Big difference.

Topic At Hand Regards,

Joe S.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    How's the duck hunting?

Shoot Them In The Bill Regards,

Joe S.

I'll have to tell you on Sunday. Our group scout has some of the last remaining birds located to some fields for Sat. but temps at or a little below zero might drive them off. Hopefully at least some geese will hang around. When I drove over the Cedar River this morning it had iced over already.

After this week it will be hunting the large brown furry antlered creatures until my "Right Wing Conspiracy" late season jaunt to SD after Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    I'll have to tell you on Sunday. Our group scout has some of the last remaining birds located to some fields for Sat. but temps at or a little below zero might drive them off. Hopefully at least some geese will hang around. When I drove over the Cedar River this morning it had iced over already.

After this week it will be hunting the large brown furry antlered creatures until my "Right Wing Conspiracy" late season jaunt to SD after Christmas.
    Cold can be good but too much cold is, well...too much cold.

I hope to be hunting the large brown furry antlered creatures tomorrow afternoon if all goes well. My plan is to apply a "Liberal" dose of lead to his heart in an attempt to change his mind. What I do not know at this juncture is if that means a narrow application of a mass quanity of lead in a specific direction or vast quanties of lead in several directions. My druthers are to apply it narrowly, like a SCOTUS opinion written by Justice Scalia...

Be Well Regards,

Joe S.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    Cold can be good but too much cold is, well...too much cold.

I hope to be hunting the large brown furry antlered creatures tomorrow afternoon if all goes well. My plan is to apply a "Liberal" dose of lead to his heart in an attempt to change his mind. What I do not know at this juncture is if that means a narrow application of a mass quanity of lead in a specific direction or vast quanties of lead in several directions. My druthers are to apply it narrowly, like a SCOTUS opinion written by Justice Scalia...

Be Well Regards,

Joe S.
    take the rifle WHILE YOU STILL CAN lol

Good luck to you I will be shevering in the duck blind in the A.M.
    WTF WAS WE THINKING I.E American Voters

Well the duck report is spectacular. We went out today, unfortunetly about an hour too late the geese moved a little sooner than expected or we would have been done with geese early. Something they didn't like with our spread and they kept dumping in the next field.

We saw more ducks than I ever have in my lifetime, maybe combined. We watched ducks pour in by the hundreds for about 2 hours in the morning in the field about 1/2 mile from us. Got a couple flocks to come our way but more than 5000 went the other way. Birds everywhere, we froze are arses off (14 degrees, 20 MPH wind) but what a sight to see.

The first flight of ducks to come in to our field spread were 30 all drake mallards that came in picture perfect and low, probably the coolest decoying image I have seen. Unfortunetly not the best shooting but I will remember that for a long time. 3 hours later and I don't think I am thawed out yet.

Your shooting concerns are shared.

I am forced to conclude that increased target focus, or prehaps staying awake in the stand, would lead to a less-liberal application of lead. I think the deer starting snorting and whistling when I started to snore...

Restful Regards,

Joe S.