The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Tis the season....

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Johndrow View Post
    We will disagree on this issue for ever.
    Yes, we will and it is my experience in dealing with you on this board that it is very unlike you to duck or dodge a direct question.

I'd like to think that you are considering Jeff's questions and will respond to them in due course.

Still Haven't Gotten A Deer Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Doesn't it ever occur to you that they might be in love and want to declare their union to their family and community in the same manner as a heterosexual couple? Does it ever occur to you that they do not see their relationship as perverted? Why do you think gays should remain in the shadows just because you believe their behavior is inappropriate? Should hunters stay in the shadows because 95% of our population doesn't hunt? Do hunters only hunt to piss of the PETA/HSUS crowd? Do we only own guns to irritate liberals?

I have no problems with churches having their own rules defined by their own religious beliefs. However, I don't believe it is government's job to enforce those rules. From my experience with gay couples seeking to marry, their decisions have everything to do with their relationship to each other and nothing whatsoever to do with what you believe or think about their union.
    Then why can't they just act like a hetorsexual couple. Why do they have to get so radical in their behavior. They don't want equal rights, they want special rights. I don't agree or condone their behavior but that is their business. I just don't think I should have to see huge dramatic displays of gay rights walking down the street, I shouldn't have to have it crammed down my throat in every sitcom, news show, and cartoon. I shouldn't have to get messages from the diversity council at work everyday telling me what the weekly gay/lesbian activities are that week. Keep sex in the bedroom/kitchen/shower/tool shed/ and duck blind where it belongs. I don't need to see it or be reminded of it constantly. And before you go getting all liberal on my ass, just keep in mind that GT's mom is gay and she seems to be able to live her life just fine without such a fuss...

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Well said, Paul.

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    Why do advocates for gay marriage always try to make it out that we want all gays to stay in the closet and not tell anyone of their sexuality. It has nothing to do with that. They want to enter into a religious ceremony, that is what marriage is believe it or not. I'm still confused why people who are not excepted by another group of people want to partake in their ceremony. If you want a civil union fine its a contract no big deal there but to want to get married is ridiculous, quite frankly they are not wanted in the religious community because it is outlined that homosexuality is not allowed so why do they want so badly in?

My last post having anything doing with Religion probably, only to say...yes they are(or should be). And believe me I am from a very conservative background, socially and theologically. It would be very unchristian to exclude anyone from fellowship based on their sins. Otherwise honest churches would be empty. Sadly i can see where you would make that assumption, we had a teen in our youth group awhile back struggling with homosexuality, we did not know until he was checked into a mental facility for attempting suicide. He felt like he could not talk to anyone or have anyplace to turn to. It was a sad indictment on our church when one of our own could not turn to us in a time of trouble for fear of being condemned.
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

wasn't replying to your post bullock. i actually agree with some of your post but i believe there is a difference from sinning and living a life of complete sin. and that doesn't change the fact that they want to join into a religious ceremony when they bash religion. Again i believe there is a difference between sinning (something we all do) and knowingly live a life of sin and then bashing those people whose ceremony you so badly you want to join..

"And there were in the same country shepherds, abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them! And they were sore afraid ... And the angel said unto them, "Fear not! For, behold, I bring you tidings o great joy, which shall be to all my people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ, the Lord."
    "And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger." And suddenly, there was with the angel a multitude of the Heavenly Host praising God, and saying, "Glory to God in the Highest, and on Earth peace, and good will toward men."
    "That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown." - Linus Van Pelt
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin