The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doesn't this scare gun owners or at least raise an eyebrow!

Illinois Ammo Ban Bill
    AMMUNITION BAN BILLS ON THE MOVE IN ILLINOIS GENERAL ASSEMBLY

A pair of ammunition ban bills are up for hearing in the House Executive Committee this week. If enacted, either of these bills would effectively ban the purchase of ammunition in Illinois. The bills in question are HB 4269 sponsored by Rep. Monique Davis (D-Chicago), and HB 4349 sponsored by Rep. Naomi Jakobsson (D-Champaign).

Here is what passage of either of these bills would mean to you:
    1. Ammunition manufacturers would be required to imprint a secret code on cartridge casings so that the purchaser of the ammunition could be identified.

2. When you purchase ammunition, that secret code would be registered to your name.

3. All your ammunition purchases would be registered with the Illinois State Police.

4. You would be responsible for all eternity for ammunition registered to you.

5. It would be in your best interest to destroy all expended ammunition casings because an unaccounted for empty casing could be used to frame you for a crime you did not commit.

6. You would have to surrender all unregistered ammunition you now own to the Illinois State Police.

7. Reloading would be banned.

8. The Illinois Department of Revenue would be authorized to place a tax on ammunition and raise that tax any time for any reason.

9. Taxes and increased manufacturing costs would raise the price of a box of .45 ammo to $200 or more.

10. Gun ownership would become too costly for most people.

WHAT YOU MUST DO TO HELP SAVE YOUR GUN RIGHTS:

1. Call Rep. Monique Davisí office at (217) 782-0010 and POLITELY tell the person that answers that you are a law-abiding gun owner and you would oppose Rep. Davisí attempt to ban ammunition.

2. Call Rep. Naomi Jakobssonís offce at (217) 558-1009 and POLITELY tell the person that answers that you are a law-abiding gun owner and you would oppose Rep. Jakobssonís attempt to ban ammunition.

3. Call each of the following members of the House Executive Committee and POLITELY tell whoever answers the phone that you OPPOSE HB4269 and HB4349 and that you would like them to vote against those bills in the Executive Committee. Remember, you represent the gun owners of this state, so BE POLITE:

Rep. Dan Burke (D-Chicago) (217) 782-1117
    Rep Joseph Lyons (D-Chicago) (217) 782-8400
    Rep. Dan Brady (R-Bloomington) (217) 782-1118
    Rep. Eddie Acevedo (D-Chicago) (217) 782-2855
    Rep. Maria Antonia Berrios (D-Chicago) (217) 558-1032
    Rep. Bob Biggins (R-Elmhurst) (217) 782-6578
    Rep Michael Bradley (D-Chicago) (217) 782-8117
    Rep. Brent Hassert (R-Romeoville) (217) 782-4179
    Rep. Jim Meyer (R-Naperville) (217) 782-8028
    Rep. Robert Molaro (D-Chicago) (217) 782-5280
    Rep. Bob Rita (D-Crestwood) (217) 558-1000
    Rep. Angelo Saviano (R-River Grove) (217) 782-3374
    Rep. Arthur Turner (D-Chicago) (217) 782-8116

4. Please pass this alert along to all your gun-owning friends and ask them to make calls as well.

5. Please post this alert to any and all Internet bulletin boards to which you may belong.

Thanks Julie. I think that about sums it up. I just hope we don't all get ran over by one of those Change Mobiles you so kindly posted pictures of. I live in the Peoples Republic of Minnesota though. That first photo looks a lot like our very own rep.Ellison. We had the honor of electing the very first Muslim to congress a couple of years back. Hope we can contribute more to this great country in the future. If we could get a full-fledged Al Qaeda member to run for office I'm sure we would elect him. If he was a democrat and promised mo munny tu da po foke of course.
    Last edited by Hoosier; 12-05-2008 at 02:56 PM.

I've checked in ALISON (Alabama Legislative Information System Online).

1. The new session hasn't started yet. Some bills are pre-filed but relatively few.

2. There's no record of a SB541.

Ooops. I was checking the 2009 calendar. Then I checked the 2008 calendar and found...

Instrument Sponsor Subject In Status Comm Assigned Comm Recomm Last
    Action
    Date
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Smitherman Firearms S Indefinitely suspended Judiciary 4/18/08
    in House of origin

Firearms and ammunition, coding required, disposal of non-coded ammunition, Public Safety Department to establish database, fee, Code Ammunition Fund, established, recording of handgun ammunition transactions, civil and criminal penalties

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IOW, it's a dead issue as for now. The 2008 session is over and any bills not passed are dead.

Think I'd put the card back in my pocket.

Hey Hoosier, I'm a Minnesotan in the Army here in KS... I am about 3 months away from coming back to MN, and I'm not sure I want to... Al Franken!?!? Seriously? I have heard reports that he's behind in the count, but there are 4,000 contested ballots that were dismissed and both Franken and Harry Reid are using the term "disenfranchised?"

Also, if the state can't decide, and it goes up to the Supreme Court... well, I hope not either way. I think by the time that happens, law says the Congress will decide which candidate will win... and with MN having a super liberal state congress, and the US Senate is SO close to haveing a super democratic majority... I just don't want to think about politics when I make a decision to move back to MN and my family.

Give me some hope!! At least Michelle Bachman got re-elected, right? Is there any light at the end of the tunnel?

I have Hope and want Change... but I didn't vote that guy in office regards
    Richard
    Legacy 6

Legacy's Lady Jade "Jade" (d. 23JUNE08)
    Legacy's Tallgrass of Natoma "Natti"

I don't know how much hope I can offer. They keep "finding" ballots - in cubicles, in cars and probably under Franken's mattress. Now they are searching for some missing ballots that may or may not exist and the court has given them an indefinite period of time to find them.
    On the bright side- We do have Governor Pawlenty that stands up to the tax mongers.
    Michelle Bachman was re-elected but she stepped on some toes with her straight-talk and has been smacked down a little. I hope she gets back up.
    Being a welfare magnet state our population keeps increasing with your unsavory types that tend to vote democrat. An ever expanding hmong and somali population - before long we will have pirates on the Mississippi. Any public hunting land near the Twin Cities has been over-run by hmong and you can't even find a song bird. It's eerie to walk through a woods and not even see a song bird. Then get back to the parking lot and find a fire pit and a bunch of song bird feathers. And that is no BS!

I know EXACTLY what you mean!!! I lived near Lake Rebecca Park when I was in HS and they spent SO much money trying to re-stock the lake with fish because the Hmong would fish there like it's a grocery store... They kept EVERYTHING they caught.

I was a CC runner then and we'd see them all over the place fishing, and would walk out with BUCKETS of little tiny fish, turtles, and I even saw a dog fish a time or two...

I don't believe they aren't bad people, but JEEZ I don't believe in depleating natural resources either. The DNR just didn't have the manpower to do much about it.

Well crap. At least in two years I'll be able to vote without an absentee ballot. Maybe that'll help... right?
    Richard
    Legacy 6

Legacy's Lady Jade "Jade" (d. 23JUNE08)
    Legacy's Tallgrass of Natoma "Natti"

Quote Originally Posted by M Remington View Post
    Actually Patrick, I think I've been quite tame. But, I am concerned that there are a few people on this board who fear Obama because he is black and knows some Muslims. So, if the hood fits. . .

I don't fear him because he's black or muslim.I fear him because he is going to keep trying to melt down our guns.

**** Alert *** Alert *** Alert ****
    Dear Fellow NRA Member,
    In the next few days, you'll receive your new NRA membership card.
    The moment you receive it, I urge you to validate your new membership card as soon as possible. More than ever, we need you to stand with NRA and fight to save our Second Amendment freedoms.

Because Barack Obama's campaign promise
    not to take away our guns is a lie.

He's not even in office, yet he's fired the opening salvos in a war against the future of the Second Amendment, our hunting and shooting traditions, and YOU.
    Obama's FIRST attack on YOU: Appointing Illinois Congressman Rahm Emanuel to be White House Chief of Staff. In Congress, Emanuel earned an "F" rating from NRA, and while working in the Clinton Administration, he was known as the "point man on gun control." He is an avowed enemy of the Second Amendment and will wield enormous power in the battle for the future of our firearm freedoms.
    Obama's SECOND attack on YOU: If Hillary Clinton is confirmed as Secretary of State, she'll rip the Second Amendment right out of the Bill of Rights. She'll be our nation's top diplomat with the power to determine whether the United Nations will pass, and Obama will sign, a global gun ban treaty that will surrender our Second Amendment rights and our national sovereignty.
    Obama's THIRD attack on YOU: Nominating ex-Senator and former Majority Leader Tom Daschle-an avowed enemy of NRA-to be Secretary of Health and Human Services. NRA was responsible for defeating Daschle when he ran in South Dakota for re-election to the Senate. If Daschle is confirmed, he could hold the ultimate power to declare guns a "public health menace" and regulate away our essential liberties.
    Obama's FOURTH attack on YOU: Nominating Eric Holder to be Attorney General. As former Assistant Attorney General, Holder was a key architect and vocal advocate for the Clinton era's sweeping gun ban agenda. He supported national handgun licensing, mandatory trigger locks, and ending gun shows as we know them.
    Just recently, Holder opposed the District of Columbia's Heller decision that declared the Second Amendment an individual right. Holder also called for reviving the Clinton gun bans and, as Attorney General, would fight in court to prevent the landmark Heller decision from being made applicable to state and local governments.
    Worst of all, if Holder is confirmed as the nation's top law-enforcement officer, he would control BATFE and wield enormous power to harass gun owners and sue America's arms makers out of existence.
    Obama's FIFTH attack on YOU: In the job application for the Obama Administration, he made it clear that gun owners are second-class citizens and told 80 million gun owners not to even bother applying for a job. In the "White House Personnel Data Questionnaire" he asked:
    "Do you or any members of your immediate family own a gun? If so, provide
    complete ownership and registration information. Has the registration ever
    lapsed? Please also describe how and by whom it is used and whether it has
    been the cause of any personal injuries or property damage."

This chilling notice to gun owners-that they are not welcome to serve in his Administration-shows the deep hostility for Americans' Second Amendment Freedoms that Obama and his Administration have in their hearts.
    On its face, that question endorses gun registration-a mandate in only five states in our nation-and buys into the anti-gun premise that firearms are inherently dangerous and gun owners are prone to misusing them.
    That's an outrageous mindset, especially for the President-elect whose sworn duty will be to uphold the U.S. Constitution, including our right to keep and bear arms.
    Obama CLEARLY wants to make gun registration the law of the land.
    First for employees under his control...AND THEN FOR YOU.
    Working with a Congress dominated by gun haters like Nancy Pelosi, Dianne Feinstein, John Conyers, Henry Waxman, and Charles Schumer!!!
    Rubbing salt in gun owner wounds is the Brady Campaign, which just issued a completely bogus poll claiming that two-thirds of the Americans-including 60% of all gun owners-favor gun registration, licensing of firearm owners, and other sweeping restrictions on our firearm freedoms!

Add it all up and you have the potential
    for a Second Amendment disaster that's unlike
    any other NRA members have ever battled.

That's why we need the strongest possible commitment from EVERY NRA member, starting today. That's why I'm hoping you'll validate your new NRA membership card the moment you receive it.
    Because our greatest strength is you.
    Only by working with you can NRA hold the line against these threats from every quarter. We are the one force that has the strength to keep Americans free and our rights intact for future generations. With you at our side, we will fight and we will prevail against all odds.
    Thank you for your loyalty to NRA and the cause of Freedom.

Forward this E-Mail to Friends
    and Urge Them to Join NRA Today!

The NRA and the Sierra Club have the same M.O. They create a big overblown fear. They demonize politicians they don't like. Once they get the suckers riled, they stick out their hands for a donation.

there was a bill like this in IN in 2008 and it died in committee. i can not find anyting on the 2009 schedule, yet.

are you a gun owner zuess? if so what to you do to make sure you can continue to own and use those guns? do you do anything or do you just keep telling your self that nothing will happen?

sticking your head in the sand regards,
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl