Illinois Ammo Ban Bill
AMMUNITION BAN BILLS ON THE MOVE IN ILLINOIS GENERAL ASSEMBLY
A pair of ammunition ban bills are up for hearing in the House Executive Committee this week. If enacted, either of these bills would effectively ban the purchase of ammunition in Illinois. The bills in question are HB 4269 sponsored by Rep. Monique Davis (D-Chicago), and HB 4349 sponsored by Rep. Naomi Jakobsson (D-Champaign).
Here is what passage of either of these bills would mean to you:
1. Ammunition manufacturers would be required to imprint a secret code on cartridge casings so that the purchaser of the ammunition could be identified.
2. When you purchase ammunition, that secret code would be registered to your name.
3. All your ammunition purchases would be registered with the Illinois State Police.
4. You would be responsible for all eternity for ammunition registered to you.
5. It would be in your best interest to destroy all expended ammunition casings because an unaccounted for empty casing could be used to frame you for a crime you did not commit.
6. You would have to surrender all unregistered ammunition you now own to the Illinois State Police.
7. Reloading would be banned.
8. The Illinois Department of Revenue would be authorized to place a tax on ammunition and raise that tax any time for any reason.
9. Taxes and increased manufacturing costs would raise the price of a box of .45 ammo to $200 or more.
10. Gun ownership would become too costly for most people.
WHAT YOU MUST DO TO HELP SAVE YOUR GUN RIGHTS:
1. Call Rep. Monique Davisí office at (217) 782-0010 and POLITELY tell the person that answers that you are a law-abiding gun owner and you would oppose Rep. Davisí attempt to ban ammunition.
2. Call Rep. Naomi Jakobssonís offce at (217) 558-1009 and POLITELY tell the person that answers that you are a law-abiding gun owner and you would oppose Rep. Jakobssonís attempt to ban ammunition.
3. Call each of the following members of the House Executive Committee and POLITELY tell whoever answers the phone that you OPPOSE HB4269 and HB4349 and that you would like them to vote against those bills in the Executive Committee. Remember, you represent the gun owners of this state, so BE POLITE:
Rep. Dan Burke (D-Chicago) (217) 782-1117
Rep Joseph Lyons (D-Chicago) (217) 782-8400
Rep. Dan Brady (R-Bloomington) (217) 782-1118
Rep. Eddie Acevedo (D-Chicago) (217) 782-2855
Rep. Maria Antonia Berrios (D-Chicago) (217) 558-1032
Rep. Bob Biggins (R-Elmhurst) (217) 782-6578
Rep Michael Bradley (D-Chicago) (217) 782-8117
Rep. Brent Hassert (R-Romeoville) (217) 782-4179
Rep. Jim Meyer (R-Naperville) (217) 782-8028
Rep. Robert Molaro (D-Chicago) (217) 782-5280
Rep. Bob Rita (D-Crestwood) (217) 558-1000
Rep. Angelo Saviano (R-River Grove) (217) 782-3374
Rep. Arthur Turner (D-Chicago) (217) 782-8116
4. Please pass this alert along to all your gun-owning friends and ask them to make calls as well.
5. Please post this alert to any and all Internet bulletin boards to which you may belong.