The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Illinois Governor Arrested--Go Figure

Default Illinois Governor Arrested--Go Figure

All good things to those that wait. ABOUT TIME!!

Report; Illinois Governor Taken Into Federal Custody
    The Chicago Tribune is reporting that Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich was pulled from his home in Chicago and put in federal custody Tuesday morning.

Gov. Rod Blagojevich was taken into federal custody at his North Side home, The Chicago Tribune reported Tuesday, the next step in a three-year federal corruption investigation of "pay-to-play politics" in the governor's administration.

The Tribune said federal authorities were permitted by a judge to record the governor secretly before the November election after raising concerns that a replacement for President-elect Barack Obama would be tainted. That's the latest in an investigation that has included recordings of the governor and the cooperation of one of his closest friends.

The U.S. attorney's office would not confirm the information to FOX News.

A Blagojevich spokesman said he was unaware of the development.

"Haven't heard anything -- you are first to call," Lucio Guerrero said in an e-mail.

Awesome! 2 corrupt Governors in a row.Obama should be so proud of his home state. Durbins trying to get Ryan out of prison to make room for this one.Maybe we can get some of our State Parks back open now that he'll be busy defending himself.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2008...deral-custody/

Well I think we already knew that when it comes to honesty in politics Illinois is top of the list. What next, they are going to find out that many of them have ties to organized crime? Come on, that could never happen…
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Well I think we already knew that when it comes to honesty in politics Illinois is top of the list. What next, they are going to find out that many of them have ties to organized crime? Come on, that could never happen…
    As some practice politics it is organized crime - all you have to believe is campaign donations to be a form of extortion & you have a good start. We actually get more bang for our buck from organized crime -

Think Godfather Regards!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Apparently the Feds moved so swiftly because they had proof his appointment of the next senator was "for sale".

An appointment by a Chicago politician, being "for sale". Please, since when has that been a crime in Illinois!!!!

It's about time, I hope they have a strong case.
    Terry "Bud" Cunningham
    Kankakee River HRC

I see that the Illinois (and now the Federal) way of doing business is , but knowing their crooked upfront I think we can turn to our advantage.

Let just pay for the things we feel are important:

Renewal of the CRP program

Protecting our second amendment rights

Stopping late term abortions

I say let’s just cough up the money and buy them off on the issues that are important to us.

....Don
    Just for the record I have very fine dogs. Some of the best in the whole country....or at least on my own block anyhow.

Thumbs up

I'm just shocked!! Shocked!! Chicago politics? BS? Really???

Now the poopy will hit the fan. This will make 4 govs from Illinois that will be or were in jail. Yep......what a great state to learn all about politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Pals View Post

This will make 4 govs from Illinois that will be or were in jail. Yep......what a great state to learn all about politics.

2 in a row though.That might be a record.
    I'm loving this.I hope he gets a long time behind bars.
    Hey, Isn't Obama from Illinois? Aren't those his buddies?

Here's the latest....

Illinois Gov. Blagojevich, chief of staff, arrested
    Read about the latest developments
    By Jeff Coen, David Kidwell and Monique Garcia | Tribune staff reporters
    9:14 AM CST, December 9, 2008

Gov. Rod Blagojevich and his chief of staff, John Harris, were arrested by FBI agents on federal corruption charges Tuesday morning.

Blagojevich and Harris were arrested simultaneously at their homes at about 6:15 a.m., according to Frank Bochte of the FBI. Both were transported to FBI headquarters in Chicago.

In one charge related to the appointment of a senator to replace Barack Obama, prosecutors allege that Blagojevich sought appointment for himseld as Secretary of Health and Human Services in the new Obama administration, or a lucrative job with a union, in exchange for appointing a union-preferred candidate.

Another charge alleges Blagojevich and Harris conspired to demand the firing of Chicago Tribune editorial board members responsible for editorials critical of him in exchange for state help with the sale of Wrigley Field, the Chicago Cubs baseball stadium owned by Tribune Co.