The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Illinois Governor Arrested--Go Figure

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Well I think we already knew that when it comes to honesty in politics Illinois is top of the list. What next, they are going to find out that many of them have ties to organized crime? Come on, that could never happen…

Finding crooked polititians in Illinois is like finding oranges in Florida.

The next 4 years should be some fun.
    Heck, just the last four posts have been fun. Is this going to be the type of high level discourse about important issues that we can expect to watch here once the guy inherits the mess left after the last eight years.? It is amazing how you all can get so excited about some common associations when two politicians are from the same state in the same party. How does this rise to such an active and excitingly speculative discussion while substantive issues get ignored or dismissed out of hand (you know like unprecedented AG office scandals, the outing of a covert operative, torture, signing statements exempting the administration from the law, financial system implosion, etc, etc. Just google "bush legacy" for some real fun).

Do you really want to go down the path of guilt by association? That would be fun, wouldn't it. The association of Palin and Stevens comes immediately to mind. The convicted felon did campaign for her when she ran for governor didn't he? Maybe that $110K worth of make-up and hair styling recently revealed was somehow related. Off the top of my head, then lets talk about anyone associated with Larry Craig or Mark Foley, and Duke Cunningham (wasn't he a good friend of McCain?), or how about all those associated with good old convicted felon Jack Abramhof, there's a long list there. Of course all their proven guilt is due to the left wing media and they are not responsible in any way and did not do anything different than anyone else..........no need to remind me. I do try to pay attention here from time to time and have learned a lot.

Is that ABC article an example of the left wing media too? Just trying to understand.

Yes, it is going to be fun just to watch and educational too. Sorry to interrupt. For future reference, is there a sarcasm emoticon?

Mister Obama, how much do you get for a senate seat? Do you take it in cash? Do you have to split it with the Governor or do you get to keep it all to your self?

Hey Henry,it's fun to see a crooked politician get busted irregardless of what party he's from.I'll bet more can be found from both of those parties to keep us all entertained for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Mister Obama, how much do you get for a senate seat? Do you take it in cash? Do you have to split it with the Governor or do you get to keep it all to your self?
    What does Obama have to do with appointing his successor as senator? As I understand it the wiretaps show a Governor upset because the Obama people are only offering him their appreciation if he appoints a replacement preferred by Obama.

The reality is that corruption seems to thrive anywhere you have decisions being made without review or any balance of power. The most common sources of corruption are trivial administrative decisions that have been delegated downhill. Look at the people handling traffic tickets and leases in government or the people buying supplies in corporations (in my own experience, corruption in large corporations is at least as prevalent as corruption in government). In Illinois and other states, giving Governors sole authority to appoint successors is an invitation to corruption.

We are actually coming up on the ultimate invitation for corruption -- the pardons handed out by an out-going President. It will be interesting to see who will benefit from GWB's largess. Hopefully his own moral standards will not allow him to sink as low as prior Presidents, including Clinton, have gone. Will he pardon Ted Stevens? What about Scooter Libby. If he's smart, he might even want to reserve a pardon for himself and Dick. It seems to me that it's about time for this particular tradition to be abandoned. Maybe then the states will institute some of their own checks and balances.

I guess change has really helped that state.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Chicago Politics at thier finest. and the people of this country put a chicago politician in the white house. boy, what were they thinking. Welcome to the great country of Chicago.
    All I have to say is... don't blame me, I voted for a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Heck, just the last four posts have been fun. Is this going to be the type of high level discourse about important issues that we can expect to watch here once the guy inherits the mess left after the last eight years.? It is amazing how you all can get so excited about some common associations when two politicians are from the same state in the same party. How does this rise to such an active and excitingly speculative discussion while substantive issues get ignored or dismissed out of hand (you know like unprecedented AG office scandals, the outing of a covert operative, torture, signing statements exempting the administration from the law, financial system implosion, etc, etc. Just google "bush legacy" for some real fun).

Do you really want to go down the path of guilt by association? That would be fun, wouldn't it. The association of Palin and Stevens comes immediately to mind. The convicted felon did campaign for her when she ran for governor didn't he? Maybe that $110K worth of make-up and hair styling recently revealed was somehow related. Off the top of my head, then lets talk about anyone associated with Larry Craig or Mark Foley, and Duke Cunningham (wasn't he a good friend of McCain?), or how about all those associated with good old convicted felon Jack Abramhof, there's a long list there. Of course all their proven guilt is due to the left wing media and they are not responsible in any way and did not do anything different than anyone else..........no need to remind me. I do try to pay attention here from time to time and have learned a lot.

Is that ABC article an example of the left wing media too? Just trying to understand.

Yes, it is going to be fun just to watch and educational too. Sorry to interrupt. For future reference, is there a sarcasm emoticon?
    And this is a huge surprise to you? The Dems have made a career out of this stuff. You don't really think we are going to cut this guy any slack do you. Let the games begin.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Guilt by association?

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that Obama had something to do with the crook going to jail.

If that were true I would imagine instead of BHO's first comments being "I've had no contact with the governor over the appointment." he would have taken the opportunity to toot his own horn over seeing corruption and alerting the authorities claiming a "new" kind of politics.

His associations are pretty deep, both directly and through Mr. Emanual, Axlerod, etc.. Though even Mr. Axelrod didn't think Blago passed the smell test back in 2002 and wouldn't work for his campaign for Governer. Obama and Emanuel held their nose.

Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    All this negativity. Why doesn't the mainstream media report the positive news? It is the holiday season for crying out loud.

You know, like "49 governors, 100 U.S. Senators, and 435 U.S. Representatives not arrested today". Now that is news to report.

Although, some like Idaho Senator Craig were also in the news today....http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2008...room-sex-case/
    I hope you get paid by the DNC or someobody for shameless shilling like that. How much does one's political integrity go for nowadays anyway?

If you wished to maintain even a tiny shred of credibility I think the proper response would have been something along the lines of, "I'm glad he was caught. I loathe crooks of all political persuasions. If he's guilty I hope he goes to jail for a long time."