The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Illinois Governor Arrested--Go Figure

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedog View Post
    The truth is that your icon BHO was on Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac's payroll the entire time, and the root of the problem started with Carter & Slick Willy & the Neighborhood Reinvestment Act.
    Your making some claims here I find hard to believe. You have any evidence supporting them?
    It looks like you conveniently left out a few Republican Presidents. I think we had Ronald Reagan, George Bush Sr. and George Bush Jr.in their somewhere.

Blaming one party for this mess is ridiculous. Let's make all of them accountable. They need to stop listening to Big Business and Lobbyist with their own special interests and focus more on what the people want. Poll after poll shows these guys voting against what the public wants. The most recent is the Auto Bailout.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    Lets answer the pertinent question first. Why would they stop this before the crime is committed and all the cast of characters get their fingers in?
    Pretty simple.
    Had Blagjoveich actually appointed someone to the Senate seat, it would have been very difficult to remove them.

And, the crime WAS committed. OJ will be out of jail before this guy will.
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Eric Holder, AG designee likely was breifed in on it and ...
    Or Rahm Emmanuel. It is likely that someone on Obama's team blew the whistle on this jackass. It looks like he may have tried to 'deal' with the Obama team, and they went to the feds with the information.

I doubt that scenario is complicated enough to meet the demands of the conspiracy theory buffs around here, though.
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedog View Post
    So funny that you like to point to the "mess left by the past eight years," but when you point out the "financial system implosion" and state that this may fall under the "Bush Legacy," I seriously wonder if you get your info anywhere but from CNN and BHO's website. There is already no doubt that the BHO crowd has adopted this "mess left by the past eight years" as a crutch to lean on during any possible failures during the next 4 years. The truth is that your icon BHO was on Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac's payroll the entire time, and the root of the problem started with Carter & Slick Willy & the Neighborhood Reinvestment Act. Yes, the current administartion has made some mistakes, but a Dem controlled congress is responsible for the sub-prime loan crisis. Is this the financial system implosion that you refer to? If so, then the fact that BHO was the third most lobbied Sen by Fannie & Freddie sure seems like these associations are exteremely telling about your mesiah.

Also, when pointing out that we should not judge people by the company they keep, try not to do the same yourself in the second half of your post (it's very hypocritical).
    Given that I assume you are talking about campaign contributions, I assume you are also aware that McCain received contributions from them as well and that his campaign manager receive more in lobbying fees from them than Obama and McCain put together. I think it's also pretty clear that both parties have promoted an economy founded on excessive debt with little regulation.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Hey this guy was a real beauty. What I want to know is how he got elected in the first place? Did he buy it?
    I believe this guy had a serious marble deficiency.
    His father in law got him in. then after getting the govenors mansion he turned on his father in law. when he did that his political career took a down ward spiral. His father in law started airing alot of dirty laundry on him. he went under investigation about 1.5 -2 years after being in office.

Quote Originally Posted by backpasture View Post
    Or Rahm Emmanuel. It is likely that someone on Obama's team blew the whistle on this jackass. It looks like he may have tried to 'deal' with the Obama team, and they went to the feds with the information.

I doubt that scenario is complicated enough to meet the demands of the conspiracy theory buffs around here, though.
    Someone in this thread already tried to go there. If the Obama team was the hero in this they would be shouting it from the rooftops not evading questioning and now outright lying. Obama stated he NEVER talked to the Governor nor did anyone on his team. Rahm is on tape at least 6 times talking with him. Not even in office yet and I bet we here the "it depends on what the definition of 'is' is" defense. The feds have already said the taps were for an ongoing investigation and they fell into this corruption. Nice try though, your guys is in deep better get the waders out.

Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

Quote Originally Posted by backpasture View Post
    Pretty simple.
    Had Blagjoveich actually appointed someone to the Senate seat, it would have been very difficult to remove them.

And, the crime WAS committed. OJ will be out of jail before this guy will.

Wrong, the Senate could have booted the selectee for ethics violations before he ever sat in a hearing since they would have been behind bars on bribery and conspiracy to commit extortion charges.

Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

there are many players in this game, they all knew what was going on, pay to play politics has been happening in Chicago for a very long time. Obama, Daley, Emil Jones all of them knew what was happening. The feds have plenty on Blago, they don't care about this senate seat thing, the only reason they moved in on it now was too many people started to know about it and they had to stop it before it could be linked to Obama, after all he is the "chosen one" and he can't be linked to this type of politics. even though he himself has benefitted from it. Anyhow, Blago was on his way out, Lisa Madigan was on her way in. The powers at hand didn't care about him making a little cash, they knew JJ would get it, that is who Obama wanted. However.... pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. Blago started becoming a hog, he wanted more and more money and/or power. Well when he started getting too greedy and talking to too many people, they brought him down. Had he just done what he was suppose to do and take the cash from JJ's camp and leave it at that he would been fine. but since he wanted to get the price higher and started bringing outsiders in, they had to bring him down. after all they have to save the "machine". Now they all claim they knew nothing about it and how appalled they are that he would even do this. Obama claims he and his staff NEVER spoke to Blago or his camp, then after actually reading the charges and found his name and others in the complaint recanted and said... well someone in my office did speak to him, but it had nothing to do with pay to play. Bull&^T, he just has to cover up his role. Remember, Obama was trained by and is funded by the chicago machines. Blago just got greedy and forgot his role in this whole thing. he started believing he was in control.

Banned

You will not see Obama pardoning this crook unlike Bush pardoning and claiming executive privelege for all his crooked cronies.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    You will not see Obama pardoning this crook unlike Bush pardoning and claiming executive privelege for all his crooked cronies.
    Bush did not invent this, many have done it before him and they will do it after him. And when Obama is on his way out of Office, he will do it as well. He may not pardon Blago, but he will pardon others just as dirty as Blago.