RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

White Stuff ????

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  djansma 
#1 ·
Got up this morning to a major white Christmas ! First time in years. The dogs loved it.

See less See more
#6 ·
I think your dog is trying to figure out where in the heck he buried that bone

#7 ·
Make a snowball and toss across the yard for dog. Watch what happens when the snowball disappears in the snow. Quite comical!!

#12 · (Edited)
When I picked up my new pup in Feb 2007 in WI she had never seen anything but snow. She seemed just as bewildered with grass, leaves, ponds not frozen etc - and much warmer weather.
Last winter I bought a pup who was born here in Anchorage in mid November. I brought her home when she was about 9 weeks. A week or two later I drove out of Alaska to California. We didn't get to snow free ground until we got just south of Yakima, Washington. I took her out and aired like normal. She enjoyed being out of the box and with her people but, she didn't air. This wasn't normal for her. She finally peed when we were almost back at the truck on a frost covered piece of asphault. (It was in the shade) It wasn't until then that I added 2+2 and realized she had never peed on anything but snow in her life and been rewarded for it. It was real funny on the next few stops watching her trying to find a place she could pee without me getting on her. In her mind peeing on snow = safe. :p I sure laughed at her.

Poor girl, just one of the first lessons she had to learn in the next few months.

#10 ·
My Chessies love the stuff. My first one,Gunny, would go out with me when I shoveled the stuff. After the first time or two she would raise H#LL barking and put a prop under it to get me to dump a shovel of snow on her, then she would jump about shake it off and start demanding another scoop full.

#11 ·
My guy loves it too. On the weekends when we are walking I always tell him "You pick" when we get to a fork in a trail. He knows which are shortcuts (workday walks) or long and meandering. It was COLD this morning. That, combined with the fact that we were breaking trail in fairly deep snow and I was hoping he wasn't up for much, but...

..we were out for 2 1/2 hours. On the plus side-I got to see the most beautiful sunrise and a lakeview that was stunning.

This afternoon we ran some blinds and took another hour hike. He is snoozing and happy and I am loading up on Ibuprofen and trying to remind myself that age is just a number.

Aging in the Northeast is Not for Sissies Regards-

M

#13 ·
We got a little bit of snow last night but the big thing is right now it is 0 and 40-50 below zero windchill. You ask the dogs if they want to go out and they avoid any and all eye contact! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.