The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Home Invaders going to Inaguration on tax payers

Default Home Invaders going to Inaguration on tax payers

maybe its a one way ticket?

Anyone who does not support sending these little felons to D.C. on the taxpayer dollar must be just a horrible person. I mean, there surely are a bunch of kids that can't afford to go that might like to be fitted for tuxes and attend the festivities for free that are not incarcerated for beating up and robbing 80 year old women?

the minors were taken to be measured for tuxedos ... a judge has approved the trip. When it comes to rehabilitating juveniles, there are two schools of thought. Some of us believe that when minors commit crimes, they should be incarcerated and treated like adult criminals.
    Others are more compassionate, trusting that through counseling and education, a young criminal's crooked path can be straightened.
    "The general idea of sending at-risk youth for them to have an opportunity to be part of this historic occasion of Obama's inaugural is, of course, a fantastic one," noted Susan Dvorak McMahon, an associate professor in DePaul University's Department of Psychology.
    "Often, they don't get these types of opportunities, and I think Barack Obama epitomizes a hope that you can have a different future."
    Gosh darn conservatives, this is SUCH a good idea, why didn't I think of it?

I am not supporting any decision to authorize these kids to attend the inauguration. However, from the newspaper write-up it is not clear how much if any taxpayer money is involved. The story states:

"That's why the altruism of Earl Stafford, the founder of a very successful technology company in Virginia, is being talked about across the country. Stafford announced last Thursday that he plans to invite disadvantaged people -- including wounded soldiers -- to D.C. for the inauguration.
    He bought a $1 million inauguration ball package from the JW Marriott Hotel and plans to stage two balls -- a youth ball on Inauguration Day, as well as a "People's Inaugural Ball."
    "There will be those who are distressed and underserved mingling with people who aren't so," Stafford told the Washington Post.
    "The needy will be our honored guests. That's who inspired us."

These parties are not part of the "official" inauguration activities.

The correctional officer I spoke with said fellow officers are disappointed that the Los Angeles probation department would even consider sending any of the juveniles to Washington.

"The juveniles committed a violent crime," the correctional officer said. "What we are doing is rewarding bad behavior."

Camp Afflerbaugh falls under the jurisdiction of the Los Angeles County Probation Department, the largest probation department in the world

This sounds to me like they are getting sent by the Los Angeles probation department. It also sounds like they are in custody and violent.