The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GW's got some rope a dope skills..

And to think I stood up for you guys in Chris's thread.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    W dodged the shoes almost as well as Slick Willy dodged the draft
    Or as well as W himself dodged the draft.
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by backpasture View Post
    Or as well as W himself dodged the draft.
    Backpasture pulls ahead by a nose.
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Banned

Wink

I'm sure the reporter was just offering up his shoes as a Christmas present to President Bush for Bush's contrubution for freeing Iraq from Saddam. It probably took the poor reporter more than a year to save up enough money to buy the shoes.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

W is an honorably discharged veteran. Slick Willy went to a foreign country.
    Last edited by Bob Gutermuth; 12-16-2008 at 12:21 PM.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    W is an honorably discharged veteran. Slick Willy went to Canada.
    He 'went to Canada'? Not sure where you heard that, but it's not the case.

Clinton DID pull as many strings as he could, just like W (who had his family pull strings so he could jump the waiting list and get into the Texas Guard).

You are kidding yourself if you really think that Clinton was a 'draft dodger' and W was not.

W has rightfully earned his place on the list of draft dodging, pro-war Republican Chickenhawks, along with Dennis Hastert, Dick Armey, Tom Delay, Trent Lott, John Ashcroft, Newt Gingrich, Phil Gramm, Rush Limbaugh, Bill Bennett and, of course, Dick Cheney.
    What's the Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by backpasture View Post
    He 'went to Canada'? Not sure where you heard that, but it's not the case.

Clinton DID pull as many strings as he could, just like W (who had his family pull strings so he could jump the waiting list and get into the Texas Guard).

You are kidding yourself if you really think that Clinton was a 'draft dodger' and W was not.

W has rightfully earned his place on the list of draft dodging, pro-war Republican Chickenhawks, along with Dennis Hastert, Dick Armey, Tom Delay, Trent Lott, John Ashcroft, Newt Gingrich, Phil Gramm, Rush Limbaugh, Bill Bennett and, of course, Dick Cheney.
    Let me see if I've got this straight...people who serve/served in the National Guard are draft dodgers?

I've thoroughly enjoyed watching your cheese slip completely off your cracker in your last number of posts on multiple threads here. Hey, you and your homies have, for the past 8 years, thrown out all sort of scurrilous, half-baked charges and rants against Bush...and now you seem genuinely shocked/surprised that those chickens are coming home to roost.

BTW, please tell me that you've just been off your game a little in your last 5 posts or so and that for the next four years you're really not planning on including in every post about Obama some rehash of real or imagined grievances you have with Bush. Please?

W is pretty athletic. It must be from that grueling cheer leader training at Princeton.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

W dodged those shoes way better than Hillery was dodging sniper fire... oh yea er nevermind.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Let me see if I've got this straight...people who serve/served in the National Guard are draft dodgers?
    C'mon, Hew. You're smarter than that, I think. You understand the difference between the Guard now, and the Guard then, and how many politically connected sons used the Guard to avoid Vietnam. Technically, neither Clinton nor Bush 'dodged the draft'. They both just used various schemes to stay out of Vietnam. It is laughable that the same people (talking about you, Bob) who will scream 'draft dodger' at Clinton will step up and defend Bush for the same.

I know how you like your straw men, though, Hew.

I've thoroughly enjoyed watching your cheese slip completely off your cracker in your last number of posts on multiple threads here. Hey, you and your homies have, for the past 8 years, thrown out all sort of scurrilous, half-baked charges and rants against Bush...and now you seem genuinely shocked/surprised that those chickens are coming home to roost.
    Let's see.... Invading a sovereign country under false pretense, institutionalizing torture, 'Mission Accomplished'? Ya, I would say that is the moral equivalent to a non-existant 'Blago scandal' (which McCain, among others, has said is a load of crap.)

BTW, please tell me that you've just been off your game a little in your last 5 posts or so and that for the next four years you're really not planning on including in every post about Obama some rehash of real or imagined grievances you have with Bush. Please?
    I'm not going to obsess over Bush if Bob G isn't going to obsess over Bill Clinton.... I believe that is what I was responding to. I'm more than happy to put the Bush nightmare in the rear view mirror and never have to think about it again.
    What's the Plan?