The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: GW's got some rope a dope skills..

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    W dodged the shoes almost as well as Slick Willy dodged the draft
    If that guy threw his shoes at Clinton I would have wanted those guys to tase the hell out of him. Not matter Obama, Clinton, Reagan, Bush 1 or 2 they are American Presidents and only WE throw shoes at them.

Quote Originally Posted by backpasture View Post
    For me, a vote for the war shows that you don't have the judgement necessary to hold high office.
    And in turn this statement shows that you have been so indoctrinated by the liberal rant that you do not even know the reasons for us going to war.
    The lack of WDM being found is a convenient theme played on by the Democrat party (to try and split the country and garner votes) as the only reason we went in, while in truth there were numerous reasons, as was even embraced by the UN.

Regardless of the reason, those that voted FOR the war made the wrong decision.
    I guess we'll have to let history make that call. I for one think it was the correct thing to do for a number of reasons, least among them being the weapons of mass destruction.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Mike D View Post
    And in turn this statement shows that you have been so indoctrinated by the liberal rant that you do not even know the reasons for us going to war.
    The lack of WDM being found is a convenient theme played on by the Democrat party (to try and split the country and garner votes) as the only reason we went in, while in truth there were numerous reasons, as was even embraced by the UN.

I'm not naive enough to think the reasons we were TOLD we were going to war weren't the reason we actually went. Hence the 'false pretenses'. Thank you for confirming that.

Thank God you folks who still think it was a good idea are a small minority in this country now.
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

I think we'll appreciate the strategic position we're in when we invade Iran. That's the next move. So it's worth it to get Saddam out of the way, and launch from Iraq, Afghanistan, Turkey, the Gulf did I miss any. I think Obama will eventually be faced with that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    I think we'll appreciate the strategic position we're in when we invade Iran. That's the next move. So it's worth it to get Saddam out of the way, and launch from Iraq, Afghanistan, Turkey, the Gulf did I miss any. I think Obama will eventually be faced with that situation.

Awesome idea! Too bad we don't have enough troops to do such a thing. Minor detail, though. You headed down to your nearest recruitment office to sign up? I'm sure the Iranians will shower you with roses and greet you as a liberator.
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

Mark my words we're gonna get tested. Within 6 months we're gonna get tested. Sound familiar? We'll need all you bleeding heart liberals support. Ring a bell. Yes I think we'll be needing some air bases in the area. Unless your VP was just blowing smoke up our asses

I'm not naive enough to think the reasons we were TOLD we were going to war weren't the reason we actually went. Hence the 'false pretenses'. Thank you for confirming that.

Thank God you folks who still think it was a good idea are a small minority in this country now.
    While I think people are war weary, if you phrase the question correctly I think you would find that the number of people actually opposing the war is much smaller than you seem to believe. Also, even if it is a small minority, which I do not believe, that would not nessecarily preclude the minority from being correct.
    I would respect the arguments on the left far more if they would simply be honest about which wars, if any, they would be willing to fight and under what terms.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.