The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ALL USERS PLEASE READ! Potus Place Culture...

I would like to add that with the license plate thread and the Religious display thread were both quite informative and civil enough to not get close to a locked or deleted thread.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Well, whomever deleted this thread, be it original poster, or moderator, Good choice! If you think politics are devisive, nothng can hold a candle to religion, even when it seems to cross the line with politics.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Well, whomever deleted this thread, be it original poster, or moderator, Good choice! If you think politics are devisive, nothng can hold a candle to religion, even when it seems to cross the line with politics.

JD
    Your right JD the civility was out of place, the discourse was way too thoughtful and respectful, and there wasn't one link to a quasi-racist photo. It must have been very distressing.
    Last edited by K.Bullock; 12-17-2008 at 12:54 AM.
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

JD
    So what's the beef with religion Dogger? Don't like the topic don't participate. Some peoples devisive is anothers interesting discussion. Lots of things on here I vehemently disagree with but I don't go pointing them out to the Mod.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Quote Originally Posted by K.Bullock View Post
    Your right JD the civility was out of place, the discourse was way too thoughtful and respectful, and there wasn't one link to a quasi-racist photo. It must have been very distressing.
    KBullock; someone deleted the South Carolina thread, and it wasn't me. Maybe you should ask the people who have the ability to do that. The original poster, and, or the owner of the site, or one of his Mod's. That was their decision
    Photo shop is an amusing tool. Was the picture I posted very distressing to you. I don't think so. What happened to that witty, razor-edged sense of humor when it is pointed at you?
    Was the picture quasi-racist? In what way? Be specific.
    It utilized a photoshop function labeled liquify, not 'make racist'. But, pehaps in your eyes...?
    If you google images of Condi Rice as I did, you'll find images both flattering of our SoS, and some not so.
    I posted the picture of SoS Rice to contrast that posted by KG of Sen. HRC, to demonstrate that pictures can be plucked off of the internet in a wide variety of poses, and that all may be humorous or not, depending on one's point of view.
    If I have offended you in any way, I sincerely apologize,

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by saltmarsh View Post
    So what's the beef with religion Dogger? Don't like the topic don't participate. Some peoples devisive is anothers interesting discussion. Lots of things on here I vehemently disagree with but I don't go pointing them out to the Mod.
    No beef, saltmarsh. I didn't delete the thread.

We've made it known in the past that Religious debate is off limits for RTF.

If you guys are debating religion on RTF, please discontinue it. This subforum is to debate political stuff, not religion.

Thanks,

Chris
    Que No?
    JD

KBullock; someone deleted the South Carolina thread, and it wasn't me. Maybe you should ask the people who have the ability to do that. The original poster, and, or the owner of the site, or one of his Mod's. That was their decision
    It is gone and I really have no interest how it got that way, and I have expressed no interest. You are projecting a position for me that does not exist.
    Photo shop is an amusing tool. Was the picture I posted very distressing to you. I don't think so. What happened to that witty, razor-edged sense of humor when it is pointed at you?
    You went over my head here.

Was the picture quasi-racist? In what way? Be specific.
    It wasn't overtly racist, but, it was an interesting choice of character, it had a semblance of racism. quasi = semblance of
    It utilized a photoshop function labeled liquify, not 'make racist'. But, pehaps in your eyes...?
    If you google images of Condi Rice as I did, you'll find images both flattering of our SoS, and some not so.
    I posted the picture of SoS Rice to contrast that posted by KG of Sen. HRC, to demonstrate that pictures can be plucked off of the internet in a wide variety of poses, and that all may be humorous or not, depending on one's point of view.
    If I have offended you in any way, I sincerely apologize,

JD
    Whatever, No one was debating as you put it, and if you hated it so much why are you trying to keep it going? I'm done. Have a great Christmas.
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by K.Bullock View Post
    Whatever, Have a great Christmas.
    Well said, and a merry Christmas to you as well.