The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VP admits knowledge of Waterboarding

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    Waterboard them, glean what information you can, then dispose of them.

I know this will bring a lot of fury from any liberasl that read this but these folks are animlas with no remorse and only a seething hatred for Americans and would gladly do it again and again and if they die they think they get to go to Allah and a bunch of virgins.

Dunk and dispose!
    Read what you wrote. You have become what you hate.

For those of you who approve such tactics, I can only assume you are also OK with similar interrogation of our own forces. Presumably representatives of our government who have called those who did similar things to our troops monsters who should be tried and convicted of war crimes are nothing but liberal whiners.

In my mind, you treat all people as you would want to be treated under similar circumstances. That doesn't mean that they would return the favor. However, our morality is measured first by our standards, not the lowest common denominator from among our enemies. I have never seen a convincing argument that torture is an effective technique for gathering reliable intelligence.

It is not up to me to be OK with that happening to our guys. Only a fool would think that it does not happen and much worse to our guys. They don't have a bunch of crying libs in most parts of the world to care what they do to our troops
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post

Read what you wrote. You have become what you hate.
    How so Cotts? What makes you think you know what I hate or what I know.

Oh I see because I support ridding our country of an enemy who has no other thoughts than to rip out your heart and show it to you while you die and to continue doing that until they die. have you forgot 9/11. They are terrorist's!!! Cowards!!! Enemies of the state!!!

Should we give them a group hug and say we are sorry instead. Liberals disgust me. They need to go and live outside in the real world. get up and see whats outside and don't live your life through the TV or the media.

They are the enemy and make no mistake they will do what ever it is to make you suffer a hideous death and if that means dieing to do that then so be it. Heck they are leaving a sand soaked filth and flea infested life in some middle east Sh*%$t hole and would be welcomed by a group of virgins upon arriving on the other side. I say send them there. I say let me send them there. Let me throw the switch. They are like a mad dog that needs to be put down.

But then that's not nice is it.

Who cares!!!!
    The More I Learn About People ,The More I Love My Dog!

A good friend will bail you out of jail. A really good friend will be sitting in jail beside you saying "DAMN that was fun!!!"

How so Cotts? What makes you think you know what I hate or what I know.
    Wow you just make it so easy.

I say send them there. I say let me send them there. Let me throw the switch. They are like a mad dog that needs to be put down.
    I can see it now an Al Qaeda member under some tent in that flea infested desert you talked about screaming to his fellow members "They are like a mad dog that needs to be put down.>

This is how I imagine how those that dont approve of water boarding might sound like. During a arrest or battlefield capture.

Interrogator We found you with a computer that has plans to attack the US

Its not mine

Interrogator Your phone has numbers of know terrorist

No it doesn't

Interrogator Your car has bomb making materials in the trunk

Its a science project

Interrogator You just finished flight school.

Its a hobby

Interrogator You have detailed plans of the twin towers

I was planning a vacation

Interrogator Were you planning anything

No

Interrogator OK I am going to get tough with you. Are you really planning anything.

No

Interrogator I am only going to ask you one more time

OK

Interrogator ARE YOU PLANNING ANYTHING ?

No

Interrogator Alrighty then you are free to go would you like a referral to the ACLU or maybe a nice warm muffin. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    ...I have never seen a convincing argument that torture is an effective technique for gathering reliable intelligence.
    I have never seen a convincing argument that an uncomfortable shower (waterboarding) is torture.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I have never seen a convincing argument that an uncomfortable shower (waterboarding) is torture.
    Here is something for you to read:http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/f...?currentPage=1

Here is another account of an uncomfortable shower.http://waterboarding.org/firsthand

And your point?

I never said it was comfortable. It is a serious method of breaking ones spirit to allow the extraction of information. It appears to do just that.

Just because those that are subject to it don't like it and can't withstand more than a few minutes of the procedure, doesn't mean it is torture.

From Wikepedia:
    Waterboarding is a form of torture that consists of immobilizing a person on their back with the head inclined downward and pouring water over the face and into the breathing passages.[1][2] Through forced suffocation and inhalation of water, the subject experiences the process of drowning and is made to believe that death is imminent.[3] In contrast to merely submerging the head face-forward, waterboarding almost immediately elicits the gag reflex.[4] Although waterboarding does not always cause lasting physical damage, it carries the risks of extreme pain, dry drowning, damage to the lungs, brain damage caused by oxygen deprivation, physical injuries (including broken bones) due to struggling against restraints, psychological injury, and, ultimately, death, which may be caused by one of the many possible conditions -- not only drowning -- that are triggered by this behavior.[5] The physical effects of waterboarding can come on even months after the event, and the psychological effects on the victims can last for years.[6]
    Waterboarding was used for interrogation at least as early as the Spanish Inquisition to obtain information,[7] coerce confessions, punish, and intimidate. It is considered to be torture by a wide range of authorities, including legal experts,[5][8] politicians, war veterans,[9][10] intelligence officials,[11] military judges,[12] and human rights organizations.[13][14]
    "

So what we have is a form of "strong encouragement" developed during the Spanish Inquisition and extended by Japanese interrogators in WWII (people we charged with war crimes) and Chinese interrogators during the Korean War (where we called it brain washing). It can cause permanent physical damage, including brain damage, and even death.

I guess torture only exists when it's being done by someone else to us. I'll believe it's not torture when Cheney himself is subjected to it a public video and the procedure is done with all the embellishments performed on any of our prisoners. If it's good enough for him, I would agree that it's good enough for them.

We are what we do, not what we believe, not what we promise, and not what we dream. If we allow ourselves to become our enemies, we deserve their fate.