The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HSUS's Happy Statement on SecAG and SecDOI Appointments

Quote Originally Posted by K.Bullock View Post
    Suhweet! That takes care of SEC conference fans. BBG your days of posting SEC centric posts are numbered, the Big Ten will rule and reign on the net if no where else! muhahaha
    Long time since I've read a post from an alternate universe...on this site anyway....

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    Long time since I've read a post from an alternate universe...on this site anyway....

kg
    Sorry, It means that I can complain every time the Big Ten gets bashed by the SEC ..which is like every other half hour. And have it removed so I do not have to see it anymore. BadBullGator is usually the perpetrator of SEC posts.

As a sidenote just to clarify. I am just kidding , I am really not offended by SEC posts it was all in good fun. ...not every post on here is an attack ...relax.
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    Kevin,

It will definately be a long four years on many fronts. I can see the attack on land use continue. Two of the main pointer FT grounds were lost this year in Ohio. The ways in which our sport will be attacked may not always be apparent to us at first. Incrementalism is the slippery slope we have already started to slide down. This adminstration will be like a snow machine at an Ohio ski resort. It will create "favorable" conditions that naturally would not occur.

Tom
    The focus seems to be on Vilsack at USDA. Won't Salazar have authority over public land use? I don't think the left is so happy with his appoint to interior. We have to lobby interior, because it is a sure thing that the animal rights folks will be. The are the extreme ones, and it is sure that they will be the ones executing the astroturf campaigns.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by K.Bullock View Post
    ...not every post on here is an attack ...relax.
    I'm as cool as the proverbial cucumber and as "relaxed" as Frankie Goes To Hollywood, k.....and I like alternative universe stuff from time-to-time....I just never ass-u-me what it means; that's why I ask...

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    The focus seems to be on Vilsack at USDA. Won't Salazar have authority over public land use? I don't think the left is so happy with his appoint to interior.
    Vilsak will be overlooking how we take care of our animals including game birds and dogs. Salazar will be overseeing hunting and land use.

HSUS is thrilled with the Vilsak appointment and not so much about Salazar.

Therefore it seems to me that the greater threat on the horizon will be to various aspects of dog ownership and trials/tests, not hunting.

But I am projecting. Nothing is clear right now.

My prediction remains that our greatest threat is against our use of live birds for training and testing. I think the Vilsak appointment validates that prediction. I think this is the only area where we are in serious trouble with these two nominations.

I see no reason to worry about hunting right now. But land use is always a worry when Democrats, the party of preservation (as opposed to conservation) environmentalism, are in charge.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    I agree this doesn't belong on POTUS. It seems some want to censer anything that could be considered negative about the incoming administration. Even if would affect everyone who posts here in a negative way. Our passion for hunting dogs is a political issue like it or not. The influence groups like HSUS and PETA has on political process affects us all.
    Hoosier,

If you are implying that my moving of this thread to POTUS place is some sort of censorship, I find that unfortunate.

To all of you... This past election season has been a real hassle for me. There have been many who have gotten ugly and personal on RTF over their partisan views.

Here's how Kevin's post starts off:

President-elect Barack Obama announced two more Cabinet appointments today
    Kevin, I find it a bummer that you chose to tell me "think, use your head."

I am thinking, and I am using my head, I assure you. Kevin, how about you do a search and look at the majority of content you've posted on RTF over the past couple months. Now tell me what I am supposed to expect when I see a thread start off this way:
    President-elect Barack Obama announced two more Cabinet appointments today
    Although they probably don't read this board, I've had folks PM me indicating that they are appreciative of my moving Kevin's post here. As one PM sender put it, "Kevin's post is partisan in nature and the subsequent responses are likely to be as well."

Know what folks...I'm hitting the sack and in the morning my dogs are going to fetch some geese from a little field hunt... And I'm happily putting some Carmex on my chapped lips, having watched Bus and Ruff hunt together on a cold December Lake Shelbyville duck hunt this afternoon. Mmmm...goose on a stick.

Sincerely, the mean censor who doesn't use his head...
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    To all of you... This past election season has been a real hassle for me. There have been many who have gotten ugly and personal on RTF over their partisan views.
    But you are mixing up all partisanships as being the same! We ARE partisan from HSUS just as they are partisan from us! But that is not the same as "politically partisan."

The election is over. The debate over who should be president is over. We are now talking about protecting our rights and privileges -- to breed dogs, participate in field trials and hunt tests, and hunt. That is a kind of partisanship that should unite the members of this board, not divide us.

What did you want me to do Chris? Those are the words of HSUS, not Kevin! You want me to change what HSUS wrote just so it will be more palatable to those more sensitive types?

"Oh my gawd, the post mentions Obama in the first sentence, better move it, even though the post is not about Obama." You can't keep moving every post just because it mentions Barack Hussein Obama! He is the new President, end of story.

Although they probably don't read this board, I've had folks PM me indicating that they are appreciative of my moving Kevin's post here.
    And now you have had several members tell you it was wrong to move it here.

As one PM sender put it, "Kevin's post is partisan in nature and the subsequent responses are likely to be as well."
    Here is your typical "politically sensitive" type. You can't let this type of person dictate the policies, you need to cut a swath down the middle. The post is NOT politically partisan!!! There is nothing against Obama! There is nothing for Obama! It is a post about what HSUS thinks about the incoming Secretaries of the Interior and Agriculture!

These are not matter for debate. They are facts. They are information. They aid in our judgement and tell us how to act.

Could a member reply with a rhetorical jab at Obama? Of course, the fire over the election still stings a little. But that would be off-topic if it occurred. Think about it, why would it be off-topic? Because the original post was not politically partisan!

I don't know how I can make it any plainer than that.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    Hoosier,

If you are implying that my moving of this thread to POTUS place is some sort of censorship, I find that unfortunate.

Kevin, I find it a bummer that you chose to tell me "think, use your head."

I am thinking, and I am using my head, I assure you. Kevin, how about you do a search and look at the majority of content you've posted on RTF over the past couple months. Now tell me what I am supposed to expect when I see a thread start off this way:

Although they probably don't read this board, I've had folks PM me indicating that they are appreciative of my moving Kevin's post here. As one PM sender put it, "Kevin's post is partisan in nature and the subsequent responses are likely to be as well."

Know what folks...I'm hitting the sack and in the morning my dogs are going to fetch some geese from a little field hunt... And I'm happily putting some Carmex on my chapped lips, having watched Bus and Ruff hunt together on a cold December Lake Shelbyville duck hunt this afternoon. Mmmm...goose on a stick.

Sincerely, the mean censor who doesn't use his head...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuag goose!!!
    WTF WAS WE THINKING I.E American Voters

Kevin- you are out of line. The man that pays the bills here took the time to explain why and how come (definitely not required). What could it matter where the post gets put? Shut up and appreciate the fact that you have an opportunity to express your (and ours) concerns. Chris puts up with a LOT more than most folks would. You are a guest in his house and need to conduct yourself accordingly.

Steve Elliott
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Kevin- you are out of line. The man that pays the bills here took the time to explain why and how come (definitely not required). What could it matter where the post gets put? Shut up and appreciate the fact that you have an opportunity to express your (and ours) concerns. Chris puts up with a LOT more than most folks would. You are a guest in his house and need to conduct yourself accordingly.

Steve Elliott
    My grandfather taught me a lesson about respecting a man in his house. When that guy woke up grandpa helped him up and brushed him off and then threw his ass of the porch. After helping him up and then throwing him through the front gate, he helped him and let say whatever he wanted.

Time and place for everything....

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"