The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HSUS's Happy Statement on SecAG and SecDOI Appointments

Quote Originally Posted by AmiableLabs View Post
    But land use is always a worry when Democrats, the party of preservation (as opposed to conservation) environmentalism, are in charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmiableLabs View Post
    Could a member reply with a rhetorical jab at Obama? Of course, the fire over the election still stings a little. But that would be off-topic if it occurred.
    Contradict your own advice much?

Quote Originally Posted by brian breuer View Post
    Contradict your own advice much?
    Stir the pot much?
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    Moved to Political Forum as suggested/requested by user PM.

Kevin, please do not take it personally my friend! Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Thanks, Chris
    I'm done Kevin.

I do not look at this subforum to debate. I've atempted to use my head. My apologies that you feel that I've failed.

Like I said, please don't take it personally. Happy Holidays.
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

No one will ever be 100% happy with any pick, but Vilsack has proven to be on the side of outdoor sportsmen. Pheasant's Forever is happy with the pick based on past performance. We may see a move back to more CRP and marginal land preservation.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

I must side with Kevin on the placement of this post .To the best of my knowledge ,this was a statement issued by the HSUS,it was not altered or edited by him . That makes it NEWS , not Kevin's opinion .And therefore , it is news that , IMHO , is relevant to the retriever sport.Its not politics ,its news .
    Is it political news ? Yes .
    Is it political news that should be given maximum exposure to the RTF world ? Yes .
    As previously mentioned by others ,some avoid POTUS PLACE .Rightfully so , free country , and all that.
    Perhaps a new thread is in order - RTF NEWS - Though how our over worked moderators could police the news,(directly from the source) from opinion(OUR take on it) is beyond me .
    And thanks to Kevin for the heads up .
    SEMPER FI . FROM MY COLD , DEAD HANDS .

www.bashakilllabradors.com

Quote Originally Posted by John Kelder View Post
    I must side with Kevin on the placement of this post .To the best of my knowledge ,this was a statement issued by the HSUS,it was not altered or edited by him . That makes it NEWS , not Kevin's opinion .And therefore , it is news that , IMHO , is relevant to the retriever sport.Its not politics ,its news .
    Is it political news that should be given maximum exposure to the RTF world ? Yes .
    As previously mentioned by others ,some avoid POTUS PLACE .Rightfully so , free country , and all that.
    Perhaps a new thread is in order - RTF NEWS - Though how our over worked moderators could police the news,(directly from the source) from opinion(OUR take on it) is beyond me .
    Yeah, but, John. when you make your sig line a political statement, like your's "from my cold, dead hands", or Kevin's; a qoute from Rush, you turn every post you make into a political, partisan post, regardless of your arguement.
    Just sayin'
    JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Yeah, but, John. when you make your sig line a political statement, like your's "from my cold, dead hands", or Kevin's; a qoute from Rush, you turn every post you make into a political, partisan post, regardless of your arguement.
    Just sayin'
    JD
    So , to quote your signature means you are lost . I don't believe that for a minute , but , i'm just sayin'.I have found a profound amount of thought and integrity in your posts.
    Semper Fi - "Always Faithful"
    Is that politics or my way of life?? I am partisan to my God , my Country ,and my Corps . JUST SAYIN' . Signature line means more to some than others .
    And the signature line should have No Bearing where the thread is placed .IMveryHO
    Last edited by John Kelder; 12-29-2008 at 01:02 AM. Reason: add

A suggestion for those wanting to post links to news, purely as references to periodicals, news stories, etc., anywhere on RTF. Please post the link and quote the source. If you go back and read the opening post by Kevin, it reads as if it is a post authored by Kevin with no reference to any source.

That's what I thought it was. That's what those who complained to me thought it was.

Kevin, again, I sincerely do hope you had a wonderful family Christmas. I hope 2009 is a great new year for you and yours.

Sincerely,

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    A suggestion for those wanting to post links to news, purely as references to periodicals, news stories, etc., anywhere on RTF. Please post the link and quote the source. If you go back and read the opening post by Kevin, it reads as if it is a post authored by Kevin with no reference to any source.

That's what I thought it was. That's what those who complained to me thought it was.

Kevin, again, I sincerely do hope you had a wonderful family Christmas. I hope 2009 is a great new year for you and yours.

Sincerely,

Chris
    Thats why Chris is "DA MAN" . Intelligence and common sense.

Thats why Chris is "DA MAN" . Intelligence and common sense.
    Intelligence, and common sense; there is no reason for using that on the POTUS Forum