The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Load Of Bulls>>t!!!!!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member Jerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bedias TX
    Posts
    1,916

    Default Load Of Bulls>>t!!!!!!

    Our elected Senators and congressmen are adamant in telling us we should cut back.

    I;m pretty sure they just voted to give a $4700/year salary increase to their very OWNSELVES!!!!!!!!

    Think we could vote to give all of them a one year UNPAID Leave Of Absence??????

    Jerry
    "Where The Hell Is Bedias, TX?"

  2. #2
    Senior Member Greg E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Jerry, the way things are going this doesn't even baffle me. So many unbelievable things in such a short period of time. Really makes you wonder if the "Chosen One" or anyone else will ever put a stop to this crazy spending. If the American people were actually capable, we should run every politician out of Washington and start over. Maybe with business men and women that actually know how to run a business. These politicians obviousley don't
    Last edited by Greg E; 12-20-2008 at 02:31 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,123

    Default

    We could use the Potomac River

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reign_of_Terror

  4. #4
    Senior Member subroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dover, New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    Chuckling

    http://www.pollingreport.com/CongJob.htm

    Well congress has a what, 20 some odd percent approval rating but it appears they know that it doesn’t mean anything.

    Look at how many incumbents were re-elected.

    So, congress is doing a lousy job but it is all the other congressmen, congresswoman and senators from all the other states other than any incumbent that you (the you meaning anyone that voted an incumbent in) may have re-elected.

    I read an article during the election about this. While congress had this anemic approval rating, a similar poll asked about peoples own representatives and many were generally pretty happy with their own representation. I guess people view it as my scoundrel, or in this case bad representation, right or wrong.

    BTW, I am not all that worked up over the $4700.00.

    I just wish they wouldn’t spend money like drunken sailors (apologies to all drunken sailors).

  5. #5
    Senior Member badbullgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    somewhere between Boca Grande and Mims
    Posts
    7,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Chuckling

    Well congress has a what, 20 some odd percent approval rating but it appears they know that it doesn’t mean anything.

    Look at how many incumbents were re-elected.

    So, congress is doing a lousy job but it is all the other congressmen, congresswoman and senators from all the other states other than any incumbent that you (the you meaning anyone that voted an incumbent in) may have re-elected.

    I read an article during the election about this. While congress had this anemic approval rating, a similar poll asked about peoples own representatives and many were generally pretty happy with their own representation. I guess people view it as my scoundrel, or in this case bad representation, right or wrong.

    BTW, I am not all that worked up over the $4700.00.

    I just wish they wouldn’t spend money like drunken sailors (apologies to all drunken sailors).
    That pretty well sums it up...your guy sucks and mine does not
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Our elected Senators and congressmen are adamant in telling us we should cut back.

    I;m pretty sure they just voted to give a $4700/year salary increase to their very OWNSELVES!!!!!!!!

    Think we could vote to give all of them a one year UNPAID Leave Of Absence??????

    Jerry
    I'm not nearly as concerned about the above board reported $4700 raise as I am about the under the table bribes, sweetheart deals, favors etc they are recieving from lobbyists and other influence peddlers.

    I suspect that for the vast majority of congressmen the reported $4700 is dwarfed by the unreported and unknown largesse from the various influence peddlers

  7. #7
    Senior Member Jerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bedias TX
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    The point is the fact that you or I can't take a vote & tell our Boss, or in my case SS, that we gave ourselves a raise.

    Don't you think that those of us who PAY their salary should have a little say in what they do without having to wait for the next election???

    Jerry
    "Where The Hell Is Bedias, TX?"

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    3,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The point is the fact that you or I can't take a vote & tell our Boss, or in my case SS, that we gave ourselves a raise.

    Don't you think that those of us who PAY their salary should have a little say in what they do without having to wait for the next election???

    Jerry
    Why yes I do, but please stop trying to be logical. It has no place in politics.

    WRL

  9. #9
    Senior Member SueLab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    1,221

    Default

    The solution is:

    Vote out all incumbants each election! I do think that after one or two such elections, the politicians might get the idea...

    Forget party because, in reality, there is very little difference.

    Change was the topic for this election - the "new cabinet" is just more of the same! It really didn't make much difference who was elected...
    When it quits being fun...we retire!

    Nancy Neipert with
    Skeeter, my avatar (Deepwoods Off and Fly'n High, MH, MNH, MN09,10, 11.
    Gypsy (Windigo Deja Voodoo Gypsy Pearl, D List, QAA, MH) MN10 & to MD11
    Mary (Stellars Proud Mary) first Lean Mac dog
    Ted (Deepwoods Spirit of the Wild), now the baby & Suzie's grandson...
    Suzie (Watermarks Slough Foot Sue, MH, 2000-2011 - Farewell dear companion)

  10. #10
    Senior Member Richard Halstead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lino Lakes, MN north metro area
    Posts
    2,061

    Default

    I would think it a big step forward if the Senate and House vote on a Bill for it's merits not having to bribe others through the attached pork bribing for more pro votes.

    Pork the other Senate misappropriation.
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

    http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html

Similar Threads

  1. Load Google Map Location(s) to GPS
    By eDuck in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 06:33 PM
  2. Thomasville to ban Pit Bulls?
    By Thomas D in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-31-2009, 06:04 PM
  3. Thanks a load!!
    By otter870 in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 09:17 PM
  4. Popper load spec
    By TroyFeeken in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-18-2008, 11:47 PM
  5. Not looking good for my boy...(pictures, may load slow)
    By RemsBPJasper in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 08:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •