The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Heading south, see you in the spring.

Default Heading south, see you in the spring.

The reason for this post is twofold. First, I have a wonderful opportunity, which I am taking fiull advantage of, to work for and train with one of the better FT trainers in the game. I will be leaving at the end of the month and will be training around Niland, Ca. untill March. Secondly I want to publicly thank a couple of people, who post on this site, that have encouraged me and quite frankly made it possible for me to do something that maybe I would not have done or been able to do otherwise.
    Angie B, who has really been a mentor to me since I started taking this dog game business seriously. Angie has talked me out of selling all my dogs and just forgetting this training thing entirely more times than I can count. She has answered every question and has always encouraged me to push myself further than sometimes I think I would have done on my own. She is a wonderful friend.
    Lanse Brown, a man that certainly stirs up deep sentiment in some but, despite the fact that he does not know me personaly outside of some correspondece that we have exchanged, did not hesitate to make the connection that put me in the position to sudy and learn more about the Field Trial game than I probably could or would have without his help. I am in his debt.
    To top all of this off I get to bring two of my dogs the youngster Duffy and the infamous Billy. They are resting up for the trip.
    I will check in from time to time to see what everyones up to. So untill Spring, to all, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Mac
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Good luck!
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

You have a good time - it's like SD up here in Buckley, snow drifts, wind & more snow. Let us know when you get back. Want to be sure you pay your share of the no new taxes we will all be hit with.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Very cool Mac, Merry Christmas to you and good luck on your venture.
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by saltmarsh View Post
    The reason for this post is twofold. First, I have a wonderful opportunity, which I am taking fiull advantage of, to work for and train with one of the better FT trainers in the game. I will be leaving at the end of the month and will be training around Niland, Ca. untill March. Secondly I want to publicly thank a couple of people, who post on this site, that have encouraged me and quite frankly made it possible for me to do something that maybe I would not have done or been able to do otherwise.
    Angie B, who has really been a mentor to me since I started taking this dog game business seriously. Angie has talked me out of selling all my dogs and just forgetting this training thing entirely more times than I can count. She has answered every question and has always encouraged me to push myself further than sometimes I think I would have done on my own. She is a wonderful friend.
    Lanse Brown, a man that certainly stirs up deep sentiment in some but, despite the fact that he does not know me personaly outside of some correspondece that we have exchanged, did not hesitate to make the connection that put me in the position to sudy and learn more about the Field Trial game than I probably could or would have without his help. I am in his debt.
    To top all of this off I get to bring two of my dogs the youngster Duffy and the infamous Billy. They are resting up for the trip.
    I will check in from time to time to see what everyones up to. So untill Spring, to all, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Mac
    Who you going south with to train? Sounds like it might be Patty.

WRL