The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Franken leads re-count

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    That's right Jeff. What's supposed to happen is the damaged ballots are to be kept with the duplicate. In these cases they were not, and both copies were counted in the recount. The board acknowledges that they were counted twice and that it's up to the courts to sort it out. So when they were not kept together they were both counted.
    Do you have a reference for that? My understanding was actually the opposite: it was known from the count of voters voting that the votes had not been counted but that the precinct turned in both counts and left it to the board to decide whether to include the copied votes or not. In any event, I understand that arguments will be heard today and that there should be a decision soon. I still suspect that the winner will be determined by the absentee ballots regardless of the outcome of this item.

(Newser) Al Franken's razor-thin lead in the Minnesota Senate race keeps getting narrower. The former Saturday Night Live writer holds a mere 48-vote lead over Republican Sen. Norm Coleman with most ballot challenges settled, down from the 251-vote advantage he had just last week, reports the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

There is still court action ahead by the Coleman campaign over 130 ballots alleged to have been double counted. Issues also linger over up to 1,600 absentee ballots that may have been improperly rejected. The state Canvassing Board meets again today.

Source Minneapolis Star Tribune

http://www.newser.com/story/46057/fr...shrinking.html
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Board rejects Coleman's request that it review rulings on 16 ballots

Last update: December 23, 2008 - 12:41 PM

State Canvassing Board members this morning rejected the request of Republican Sen. Norm Coleman's campaign to change their minds on 16 challenged ballots that they had awarded last week for Democrat Al
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by K.Bullock View Post
    (Newser) Al Franken's razor-thin lead in the Minnesota Senate race keeps getting narrower. The former Saturday Night Live writer holds a mere 48-vote lead over Republican Sen. Norm Coleman with most ballot challenges settled, down from the 251-vote advantage he had just last week, reports the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

There is still court action ahead by the Coleman campaign over 130 ballots alleged to have been double counted. Issues also linger over up to 1,600 absentee ballots that may have been improperly rejected. The state Canvassing Board meets again today.

Source Minneapolis Star Tribune

http://www.newser.com/story/46057/fr...shrinking.html
    I suspect that this -- http://www.startribune.com/politics/...Yyc:aUycaEacyU -- may be a better reference for Hoosier's comment (it's the source story for your reference Kevin). However, this says nothing about the local district saying they know the votes were double counted. Rather, it quotes a republican judge as saying he thinks the Coleman charge may be correct. This appears to be a personal opinion, not something based on any hearing or investigation. Needless to say, the Coleman attorney filing the charge also believes it is correct and the Franken attorney believe it's a desperate attempt to grasp straws by a campaign that is losing. Big surprise. Both sides have claims of election night irregularities that may ultimately be heard and that may or may not affect the final outcome. I am not trying to discount the claim, but for now it doesn't seem to hold any more weight than other claims being made. I have no idea how the count will turn out and, as a non-Minnesota resident, am not overly concerned as long as the process is fair. I'm not sure either candidate will do anything to further the fortunes of our country or to make a difference in filibuster votes in the Senate.

It's been on the news and the paper. Let me see if I can find anything. It was on the local news a couple of days ago.

http://www.twincities.com/politics/c...nclick_check=1

This isn't exactly what I'm looking for, I'll keep looking. This is from St.Pauls paper

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    The possibility that Frankin might become a US Senator is an insult to the voters of Minn and the US Senate.

Hate to say it, Bob...but you obviously don't realize the voters in Minnesoooota can NEVER be insulted. BUT they will get what they deserve, much like the rest of the nation's ignorant.

They are vying to oust New York for the most stupid electorate in the country. But if Caroline gets appointed, New York will still be the champ.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.