The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Uncle Ted

Default Uncle Ted

Anybody see Uncle Ted pheasant hunting over "his" black lab over the weekend? I don't remember what show it was but it was a bit disturbing. I'll admit that I get an occassional chuckle out of his rants and antics and he does present some interesting ideas on a variety of topics. (I never realized as a singer he has a bit of a speach impediment?)

Sorry, back to the show. He is hunting in 60 degree, partly cloudy weather and after 20 or so minutes his dog clearly starts to stumble and becomes dissoriented. He mentions the importance of having water available and then says he thinks his dog had a seizure, puts him up and continues the hunt over the land owners dog. WT?

Anyone else have a problem with that? It appeared, to me, that the show was more important than the dog. I know he is "big time" and pro-hunting/guns but I thought he was being quite dismissive about the well being of his dog.

Just rubbed me the wrong way.

Rant over.
    "When a man is proud of his dog and shows it, I like him. When a dog is proud of him and shows it, I deeply respect him." Gene Hill

Dan M
    HRCH Lady Roxanne "Roxy"

Danno this was discussed. I'm sure one of the 50 production people took care of the dog.....Ted doesn't exactly film that stuff alone....

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Shoot he has 4 guys assigned just to haul the dope.

Buds and suds regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post

Buds and suds regards

Bubba
    Now Bubba,

Terrible Ted has been clean and sober since he was a teen. He lives to watch the "majestic flight of the arrow" and eat the worlds' finest, "wild protein" and worship his hero Fred Bear.

Cat Scratch Fever----Paul (just make certain it isn't one of Paul's mounts doing the scratching---don't want that infection)--
    Last edited by Paul "Happy" Gilmore; 12-23-2008 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    Danno this was discussed. I'm sure one of the 50 production people took care of the dog.....Ted doesn't exactly film that stuff alone....

/Paul
    Discussed on the show (I may have missed that part) or on this forum? (If on this forum, then I clearly missed it. What topic header?)

I do understand that it isn't a two man production and thatthere are most likely plenty of willing people on site to assist. I guess my point is that it could have easily been edited out but since it wasn't I would have hoped it would have been addressed and handled better. Again, I may have missed that part of the show as I had a house full of kids, dog etc. I think I still have it DVR'ed so if that was the case, let me know.

No biggie.
    "When a man is proud of his dog and shows it, I like him. When a dog is proud of him and shows it, I deeply respect him." Gene Hill

Dan M
    HRCH Lady Roxanne "Roxy"

Buds and suds regards

Bubba
    Ted is clean. I had a high school buddy who's parents were friends of Ted's near Welston Michigan. He used to come to dinner with a bottle of wine as a gift, but not touch a drop himself.

My dad used to be a big fan of his hunting shows, but this year when he was out here hunting he told me that he can't watch him anymore. He seems to think that Ted and taken it a bit too far and has gone off the deep end. He says that hunting is definitely fun, but it isn't a religious or spiritual experience...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Ted is clean. I had a high school buddy who's parents were friends of Ted's near Welston Michigan. He used to come to dinner with a bottle of wine as a gift, but not touch a drop himself.

My dad used to be a big fan of his hunting shows, but this year when he was out here hunting he told me that he can't watch him anymore. He seems to think that Ted and taken it a bit too far and has gone off the deep end. He says that hunting is definitely fun, but it isn't a religious or spiritual experience...
    I will second that! I watched a couple of his shows and thought the guy had totally lost it! For some people it is kind of spiritual but he takes it to the extremes!

Buds and suds regards

Bubba
    Bubba was mistaken, he must have thought we were talking about Ted Kennedy..

I saw the show and I am sure the dog was taken care of in a very respectful manner. Ted is my kind of guy and would love to hunt with the man…I cant say that about the other show host…except for maybe Jim Shockey…he seems to be a great guy too.

I think he is on a "mystical flight" to the nut house! He is kinda funny sometimes/