The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Road Trip - Dog Transport

Default Road Trip - Dog Transport

Planning a road (business) trip to start around 1-8-09. Taking the dog truck if anyone needs a dog transported close to my route. South Dakota to Kansas City - Austin, Tx - down to the Gulf - Mississippi - Alabama - Atlanta area - possibly Tn. & western Va. - Kentucky - Ohio - Michigan - Illinois and back home.

Any tips on some good bird hunting spots along the way would be appreciated. I will be taking a couple of my own GSPs and Labs and would like to do some waterfowl and quail hunting.

Cory, finally getting out of the deep freeze for a while?
    When you get your plans finalized, let me know when you are on your KC to Austin leg, and we can get together and chase some ducks, and do some training. Depending on your itinerary, maybe we can go to the triple DQ together

For those who don't know who Cory is, he owns and operates one of the BEST pheasant lodges in the heart of S. Dakota's most abundant pheasant area. Great hunting and great food. I take my dogs and guide with him for about a month every year. [and gain about 10 pounds]

I can assure everyone that Cory and his dogs would be an asset in any hunting situation

Marc, You make it sound like I'm looking for a job or something. I'm not looking for a job or a handout of someones hunting spot. I'm willing to pay a fair price or hunt swap for a hunting opportunity. Actually looks like I've got as much hunting lined up now as I'll have time to do.

I've reversed my travel plans and am going to Chicago first and then down to KY, TN and GA. Then from Atlanta to Tupelo, Ms and then to Corpus. I'll be in Tx a few days and then will head to KC for a day and then back to the tundra the last couple days in January.

I have at least 1 empty hole if anyone needs a dog transported in exchanged for the fuel costs.

Cory

cell 605-350-6800

Quote Originally Posted by coryf View Post
    Marc, You make it sound like I'm looking for a job or something. I'm not looking for a job or a handout of someones hunting spot. I'm willing to pay a fair price or hunt swap for a hunting opportunity. Actually looks like I've got as much hunting lined up now as I'll have time to do.

I've reversed my travel plans and am going to Chicago first and then down to KY, TN and GA. Then from Atlanta to Tupelo, Ms and then to Corpus. I'll be in Tx a few days and then will head to KC for a day and then back to the tundra the last couple days in January.

I have at least 1 empty hole if anyone needs a dog transported in exchanged for the fuel costs.

Cory

cell 605-350-6800
    I wouldn't tell anyone I was going to Tupelo or TupVegas (insert smiling icon)