The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rumsfeld and Ashcroft in legal Jeopardy

Quote Originally Posted by M Remington View Post
    I tell them that assault rifles have no purpose other than to kill people. I also tell them that I don't have a problem with extensive background checks because anyone owning a gun should be sane. Finally, I tell them how the NRA creates boogey men and Second Amendment conspiracies so that people will donate to the organization--Wayne LaPierre doesn't work for free.

Are you sure your name isn't really Jim Zumbo?

You know it! I drive up in my import with my Obama-Biden sticker on the back, Beatles music blasting.

Then, after I break some targets, I tell them that assault rifles have no purpose other than to kill people. I also tell them that I don't have a problem with extensive background checks because anyone owning a gun should be sane. Finally, I tell them how the NRA creates boogey men and Second Amendment conspiracies so that people will donate to the organization--Wayne LaPierre doesn't work for free.

After I have laid out my left-wing argument, I head off to Starbucks for a hazelnut latte.
    This is why our gun range requires members to be in the NRA. Keeps out a lot of the riff raff. Usually non NRA members are people we wouldn't want to be around. The gun range is a nice place to go and be around like minded people. Same as a gay pride parade would be for a lot of liberals. I sure as hell wouldn't go sit around at a gay pride event and tell em they should ban sodomy.(even though I consider it gross)

You know it! I drive up in my import with my Obama-Biden sticker on the back, Beatles music blasting.

Then, after I break some targets, I tell them that assault rifles have no purpose other than to kill people. I also tell them that I don't have a problem with extensive background checks because anyone owning a gun should be sane. Finally, I tell them how the NRA creates boogey men and Second Amendment conspiracies so that people will donate to the organization--Wayne LaPierre doesn't work for free.

After I have laid out my left-wing argument, I head off to Starbucks for a hazelnut latte.
    I drive up in my import, with a caramel machiatto latte, another german import by HK. And I mind my own business, blast away have a nice time and good conversation then go home.

I am beginning to think it is something genetic in a hyper-liberal that makes them think that they hold some mysterious key to wisdom and knowledge.

It is fortunate that you must be an NRA member to belong to the gun club where I shoot. It is one place the PC gestapo has not invaded. ...we even put up Christmas decorations.
    Last edited by K.Bullock; 01-03-2009 at 01:14 PM.
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

UB, I'm not anti gun at all. I hunt and shoot skeet and trap. Hell, I even belong to a gun club.

But, I don't think there is no reason for people to own some types of weapons.
    We're glad you can appreciate guns, too.

Quote Originally Posted by K.Bullock View Post
    It is fortunate that you must be an NRA member to belong to the gun club where I shoot. It is one place the PC gestapo has not invaded. ...we even put up Christmas decorations.
    Kevin, I'll admit it worked with me. I enjoyed shooting at a local gun club for several years until Wayne LaPisser took over at the NRA and made it clear that promoting a radical conservative, agenda was more important than promoting safe use of firearms through training classes and competition. I quit rather than continue to send them my dues (Needless to say, after more than 10 years they still ask me for money.). I moved my shooting to a commercial firing range used almost entirely by cops who look like flaming liberals when compared with the current leadership of the NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Kevin, I'll admit it worked with me. I enjoyed shooting at a local gun club for several years until Wayne LaPisser took over at the NRA and made it clear that promoting a radical conservative, agenda was more important than promoting safe use of firearms through training classes and competition. I quit rather than continue to send them my dues (Needless to say, after more than 10 years they still ask me for money.). I moved my shooting to a commercial firing range used almost entirely by cops who look like flaming liberals when compared with the current leadership of the NRA.

Wow Jeff ..you really do not like Wayne Lapierre. I'll admit that he is not my all time favorite either, and I get tired of the sensationalist alerts and constant pleas for money. The reality is that they are the only organization gun owners have to speak out in defense of our second amendment rights. They'll get my support as long as the constitution can be reinterpreted to suit someones Utopian fantasies..

For what it's worth I think the reason anyone must be a NRA member to join the Gun club is because the clubs insurance is through the NRA also.
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

I don't have any problems calling a spade, a spade. I've been critical of both Democrats and Republicans! They have both created the current financial mess, failed foreign policy, failed domestic policy and lack leadership. It won't change over the next 4 or 8 years. Torture? I'm all for it if it keeps American citzens safe, it's just that SIMPLE to me. It should be an option available to our President. Sometimes you have to hurt someone to protect your own, a concept foreign to some. Maybe too many of us have lived too sheltered a life and think we live at Strawberry Fields. Assualt Weapons? Sometimes people need killing. If someone broke into my house my option would be to pick up the defense weapon that has the most killing potential. Or, if many long guns are banned I may need an automatic 6mm to defend my rights. How else will they be able to pry it from my cold dead fingers? I was in Los Angeles during the Rodney King riots in 91. Anyone remember that truck driver getting bashed in the head with a brick?Well, that won't happen to me.The Korean families living in the downtown LA area saved their families and businesses because they had assult riffles.And, there will be more riots and violence because the world is neither fair or safe. Bob G, welcome to the underground. Lets call it the ADF(American Defense League) in the future.Julie, that photo is halarious. UB, keep posting your great material!
    Last edited by Franco; 01-04-2009 at 12:24 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

know all you manly men who call yourselves conservatives and have guns, think that anyone who doesn't think like you do are weak or limp spined. I can tell you from working 22 yrs as a Corrections officer in NY that some of these guys who yelled the loudest how tough they were and owned guns were some of the biggest pus#%$ I knew. The guys that didn't say much and who I am sure you would consider weak, were the guys who were there when you needed them most.

Dah no giant DAH
    you are dealing with criminal minds,,,you are dealing with pathological liars and scitzo's
    If you are putting them on the same plane as someone who gets up early 5-7 days a week and works his balls off till dark,,,and who has to fight the F,n government to keep a small portion of the fruits of his labor then maby you should be catgorized in the same boat as your clients

I guarantee your clients are liberal and would suck whatever they can from an honest person
    Criminals love the liberal mindset.

Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 01-04-2009 at 06:32 AM. Reason: ps

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post
    I don't have any problems calling a spade, a spade. I've been critical of both Democrats and Republicans! They have both created the current financial mess, failed foreign policy, failed domestic policy and lack leadership. It won't change over the next 4 or 8 years. Torture? I'm all for it if it keeps American citzens safe, it's just that SIMPLE to me. It should be an option available to our President. Sometimes you have to hurt someone to protect your own, a concept foreign to some. Maybe too many of us have lived too sheltered a life and think we live at Strawberry Fields. Assualt Weapons? Sometimes people need killing. If someone broke into my house my option would be to pick up the defense weapon that has the most killing potential. Or, if many long guns are banned I may need an automatic 6mm to defend my rights. How else will they be able to pry it from my cold dead fingers? I was in Los Angeles during the Rodney King riots in 91. Anyone remember that truck driver getting bashed in the head with a brick?Well, that won't happen to me.The Korean families living in the downtown LA area saved their families and businesses because they had assult riffles.And, there will be more riots and violence because the world is neither fair or safe. Bob G, welcome to the underground. Lets call it the ADF(American Defense League) in the future.Julie, that photo is halarious. UB, keep posting your great material!
    Fantastic post!
    I reside on the left coast, but my ideals are right wing.
    LQP CN Double Hunter, SH (09/12/1996-12/22/2010)
    Waterstrike's Dynamic Amazon, MH (10/18/2000-09/08/2011)

UB, I'm not anti gun at all. I hunt and shoot skeet and trap. Hell, I even belong to a gun club.

But, I don't think there is no reason for people to own some types of weapons.
    Ah, so since you THINK that it should be that. There is a reason we all have the choice to own weapons and it has nothing to do with hunting, skeet, or even necessarily protecting yourself from someone breaking into your home. It amazes me how misunderstood a very simple thing like the second amendment is.

I would guess that since you drive a sub compact hybrid that you don’t see why people should be allowed to own SUV’s or trucks... I seldom see anyone calling for forced ownership of guns so why do you feel that you should have forced restrictions on gun ownership by those legally entitled to own firearms? Choice is a good thing because it allows you to decide for yourself and not someone to decide for you. No two people in this world will agree on the same things and that is why you can chose not to own those scary black guns while I can chose to own as many of them as I can get my hands on. How exactly do I do you any harm by owning assault weapons?

We are a nation that is less than 300 years old and we are very fortunate that our government and society has run pretty smoothly with the exception of the Civil War. This is not always the case in many other countries and things here could change in the blink of an eye. In all likelihood anarchy, revolution… on a large scale is not going to occur here and we all hope it does not. We also hope that we are never involved in a war that comes to our shores and that too seems like a very unrealistic possibility, but it is in fact a possibility none the less. Much like an insurance policy that you hope to never use owning the best form of protection you can is in your best interest. I hope that my firearms are never used for anything more than killing birds and tasty mammals and if that is the case I will pass them along to whoever I see fit in my will, but should some catastrophic event ever occur I will at least give myself and family a fighting chance to defend ourselves against whoever is meaning us harm, be it an outside force or a tyrannical government.

BTW- you used a double negative (don't think there is no reason). Are you just yanking us? Do you really mean you think there are reasons, becasue if you don't think there are no reasons you must agree that there are in fact reasons
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke