The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1984 Nafc-Fc Trumarcs Zip Code

Default 1984 Nafc-Fc Trumarcs Zip Code

Have been reading some great threads on some of the more famous dogs that have blessed the sport. Lean Mac, Cosmo, Gates etc. Was wondering if anyone had any personal information or had heard anything special about 1984 Nafc-Fc Trumarcs Zip Code. Would love to hear them.

Won the OK AKC Trial Double Header in September of 1983..Judith Weikel.
    Loved that dog run. I had a daughter of his back then...
    Karen
    SHR Redstar Herbettabea Pirate JH- BEA
    Redstar Bloux Wing Masterpiece - ART
    www.Redstarkennels.us

I believe we have a resident expert that frequents this board. Maybe he can post a word or two (hopefully not in installments).

Speaking of which, did I miss Honcho III?
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

444 ALL-AGE PTS!!!

Help us out here Dr.Ed.
    We are only as good as those that surround us.

Birthplace to:
    •FC-BAYOU TECHE TEX-'09 Nat'l Finalist
    •FC-BUTCH's DREAM CODE of TCR-2x Nat'l Qualifier
    •FC-DREAM DANCIN'-2x Nat'l Qualifier
    Gettin' Jiggy Widdit-MH
    Dancin' Dreamer Kate-MH (•FC-"FINN",QAA-"Coal"-MNHofF, QAAs-"Tank", QAA-"Allie", MH-"Tease", QAA-"Hardy", MNH-Ruby)

RIP Sweet mama Dancy!!!

NAFC-FC Trumarc's Zip Code was sired by Honcho out of Misty, Seymour's Windjammers Mist, owned by Merlyn Lane. Jerry Patopea leased Misty for the breeding and I took Misty right after she was bred and raised the litter. At that time I raised litters for Rex as well.

Cody was my pick, destined to be Judy Weikel Aycock's stud fee puppy. I started him and Judy came and picked him up at Rex's after the National Amateur that year, which took place in California.

Instead of changing his puppy call name of Cody, Judy (I thought it was Judy) created his registered name, Zip Code, from it. Later I found out on this board that the clever person who named him Zip Code was not Judy, but Dr. Ed.

Cody was not a super crazy lunatic high drive retriever. He had plenty enough desire and was super intelligent, a problem solver and a great marker from the git go. The rest is history.
    Mimi Cary Drake
    Zipmarc Retrievers
    Just Train Your Dog ~ Rex Carr

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    I believe we have a resident expert that frequents this board. Maybe he can post a word or two (hopefully not in installments).

Speaking of which, did I miss Honcho III?
    I asked the same question of the author and got a no comment....but the first two installments are a must read..I happened to live in the DFW during the Cody years,was out of the game at the time without a dog but Team Cody was as formidable as there was. I still frequented trials and you always figured that the field was competing for three spots because Cody was going to finish somewhere "in the money" in every stake entered.
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I am fortunate to have his line running through Kona. I have read a little about him but can't wait to hear more

He was a VERY GOOD producer. If you study pedigrees, he is in there on some very interesting crosses.

I'd love to see his stats.

Wish there was a database like the American Field Stud Book for pointing dogs that kept track of any given dogs breeding info, male or female. It is a very simple formula.... 0-0-0.

The first 0 is for their personal placements, the second 0 is for progeny with placements and the last 0 is for total placements of all progeny.

Ex. 12-22-250....would be a dog with 12 placements, 22 progeny with a total of 250 placements. Simplified breeding analysis...these numbers don't lie.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by TXduckdog View Post
    ...Wish there was a database like the American Field Stud Book for pointing dogs that kept track of any given dogs breeding info, male or female. It is a very simple formula.... 0-0-0.

The first 0 is for their personal placements, the second 0 is for progeny with placements and the last 0 is for total placements of all progeny.

Ex. 12-22-250....would be a dog with 12 placements, 22 progeny with a total of 250 placements. Simplified breeding analysis...these numbers don't lie.
    I would also like to know the number of times bred. But this brings up a real frustration I have with AKC relative to statistical data. They don't accumulate breeding data such that it can be easily analyzed and they certainly don't make it available to others easily so that an outside source can do it. I think AKC really misses the boat on a revenue opportunity in this regard. But this is a digression, back to Cody - he's prominent in the pedigrees of many of our dogs, he, Honcho & Super Chief seem to be as prevalent in field pedigrees as LM.
    David Didier, GA

I will happily post about Cody soon when I have the time to do it properly, as anyone who knows me will tell you I enjoy remembering the wonderful dogs who I was blessed to have had them share their lives with me

He was the most intelligent dog I have ever known in a lifetime of dog ownership and as a veterinarian