The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ftretrieverjudge.net

Default ftretrieverjudge.net

Earlier this summer I posted on another forum that when the database was complete there would be a revamping of ftretrieverjudge.net - time & money allowing. I asked for suggestions & received a couple of very good ones, but believe there to be more out there.

The database contains 2529 judge related individuals including 128 who have placed a dog in a licensed trial during the years 2007-08 but have not been invited to hold the book. The database also contains some performance history on 5866 dogs involved with the various owners if they placed the dog at any time during the dogs carrier. Some of these dogs have had multiple owners so will be listed multiple times which means there are somewhat less than the 5866 number individually. From the database, postings on this site & personal knowledge it is fairly easy to determine who is involved in the training of their own dogs & who are just weekend handlers.

From e-mails received, comments coming from respected handlers there is something of a database being built regarding judge deportment, knowledge & willingness to work with clubs. There was also a considerable discussion on WRC about judge evaluation which lacked in quantity what it brought forth in quality inputs.

I would like more input - I know the site is being used from traffic counts - so now is your chance to make an input as to what you would like to see in a judging website. There is the ability to apply a unique ID based on performance & involvement to each individual - if this would be helpful. So make your inputs here on this thread or PM - e-mail me with your thoughts if you do not care to be identified.

Have a Prosperous New Year!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Marvin,

I cannot make heads or tails of your site. The only judges I can find are the recent assignments and the data is very incomplete and inaccurate on both handling placements and past judging points.

The info on Marvin is much more complete.

Russ

Marvin, I have sent a private message regarding this.

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Marvin,

I cannot make heads or tails of your site. The only judges I can find are the recent assignments and the data is very incomplete and inaccurate on both handling placements and past judging points.

The info on Marvin is much more complete.

Russ
    I agree.. It sorta runs together and is hard to make sense......... I was trying to figure out the exact mission of the site...
    Princess Darla of Nottingham MH ***
    Copper's Darlin' Rascal "Spanky" ***
    Spanky's Darlin Rascal "Wheezy"

Yellow dogs rule the world!

As others have mentioned, the format that you use is difficult to decipher. It would be more viewer friendly if your columns were each labeled and the data clearly placed in each column.

In addition, when I looked at the data that you had for me ... and I know others have similarly complained .... that data was inaccurate. When you asked me to supply the correct information, I did. However, the information was not corrected.
    Competition does not build character - It reveals it.

Home of:
    FC/AFC Freeridin Wowie Zowie (2003 NARC Finalist)
    FC/AFC Sky Hy Husker Power
    FC/AFC Freeridin Smooth Operator
    FC/AFC Freeridin Vampire Slayer (2007 NARC Finalist)
    AFC Freeridin Maserati (Double Header Winner)

www.freeridinretrievers.com

Same here with data. I offered correct data. No corrections were made. To hard on the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Shih View Post
    As others have mentioned, the format that you use is difficult to decipher. It would be more viewer friendly if your columns were each labeled and the data clearly placed in each column.
    This has been pointed out & I don't disagree, so it will be changed. I just haven't decided how, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by TS
    In addition, when I looked at the data that you had for me ... and I know others have similarly complained .... that data was inaccurate. When you asked me to supply the correct information, I did. However, the information was not corrected.

I explained to you why your data was not up to date - but will gladly accept a marked program from those trials you run as verificiation for your up to the most recent ribbon requirements. As an addition, if you do that I will provide you with info for your judging selections, as it appears you could use some help.

Mark, the start of the APPROVED page has the ground rules - in your case un-related co-owners do not get handlers credit. If you disagree with that, contact the SOR to establish a policy on what would be considered acceptable unrelated co-ownership.

Russ, there seemed to be a desire to know who was putting on this website, but all that info will be archived when the new format is presented. I believe most interested now know who is putting on the site.

As for the the accuracy of the info, I believe it to be more accurate than many would like it to be. It certainly tells me all I need to know, & those who have contacted me are amazed at what the info provides. It deals with many different scenarios.

As for opening this site to anything beyond what's happening at individual trials, I'm not Linus Torvald, so will maintain control of the info disseminated until a sport acceptable use for same can be shown. I'm just trying to be as helpful as possible, beyond the meager info presently provided from other sources.
    Last edited by Marvin S; 12-31-2008 at 09:47 AM.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post

As I explained to you why your data was not up to date - but will gladly accept a marked program from those trials you run as verificiation for your up to the most recent ribbon requirements. As an addition, if you do that I will provide you with info for your judging selections, as it appears you could use some help.
    Marvin

I do not keep marked catalogs. I assume you use the RFTN to tabulate your records. I sent you an email detailing my placements so you could check the RFTN for accuracy. This was done in April 2007. Nothing was done by you in response.

Your requirement that I provide you with marked catalogs is nothing more than a bureaucratic run around.

As for help with my judging selections, can you be more precise with your criticism?

Ted
    Competition does not build character - It reveals it.

Home of:
    FC/AFC Freeridin Wowie Zowie (2003 NARC Finalist)
    FC/AFC Sky Hy Husker Power
    FC/AFC Freeridin Smooth Operator
    FC/AFC Freeridin Vampire Slayer (2007 NARC Finalist)
    AFC Freeridin Maserati (Double Header Winner)

www.freeridinretrievers.com

For the formatting a table - use a word document, create a table, save as html, upload - bingo.....not fancy, but straight foward.

FOM
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    This has been pointed out & I don't disagree, so it will be changedI just haven't decided how, any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Tables are simple to do in html and almost any web site builder. I would start with that. You don't have to be Linus to do it. You don't even have to be Bill Gates.

From what I can see the basic gist seems to be that many FT judges do not have adequate qualifications, in the form of handling dogs successfully in trials, to be judges, and the data are there to show the relative handling vs judging experience of a few select judges. Is that correct? If so, I am not sure I completely buy it, but I would like to know what I am looking at, if you could help me sort through it.