The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: The Fourth step

Default The Fourth step

There are of course more steps. One of them being those who do in fact know, but with the pompous arrogance they normally exude think they and their ilk are the only ones that do, and have no compunctions about telling us so. Dog training knowledge,yes even for training Retrievers for the field, is not limited to those participating in one venue.

Another would be those who also know, but do not wear it on their sleeve, They keep an open mind, and share with others but they themself also learn something new each and every day.

just sayin'
    john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

Wink

John,
    Twelve steps altogether.
    Keep working.
    Chris

There are of course more steps. One of them being those who do in fact know, but with the pompous arrogance they normally exude think they and their ilk are the only ones that do, and have no compunctions about telling us so. Dog training knowledge,yes even for training Retrievers for the field, is not limited to those participating in one venue.

Another would be those who also know, but do not wear it on their sleeve, They keep an open mind, and share with others but they themself also learn something new each and every day.

just sayin'
    john
    That is a good observation John but that also occurs in any discipline in life.

Dogs aren't any different. The Indy driver while having great understanding in that type of race may have little knowledge or understanding regarding, funny cars or dragsters
    Unless they are involved with it. Becoming efficient at more disciplines can often develope a broader understanding of the bigger picture. On the other hand there are people who play only one game and have taken it to a very deep level of understanding to the point they can cross over into other disciplines very easily.

When people seem pompas it has more to do with their temperament than what they actually know.
    I have met tons of people with emense knowledge and didn't have a pompas bone in their body. On the other hand I have met a few people with little knowledge and a pocket full of pompas.

You can find pompas people anywhere. Thats why I consider it to be a personality flaw (quirk if you will)

There is an old saying which goes you can't fill a full bucket. which refers to those who know everything that they cannot learn anymore.

I see that more in the political forum or maby thats just closed mindedness. which leads me to a question. Can someone appear to be pompas when in fact they are just taking a stand on something they know to be true.

So many questions not enough answeres.

Pete