The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: What is your Opinion of the POTUS-Place, political subforum

Voters
206. You may not vote on this poll
  • It was a great move and it keeps the extreme political dialogue off the RTF main forum.

179 86.89%
  • It has no place anywhere on this site and political debate should be banned forever.

19 9.22%
  • Other - I'll explain with a reply to this thread.

8 3.88%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS Place - Your Opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Al VanHoey View Post
    My only concern is that when there are political issues that affect our retriever games, hunting, land access, breeding, etc.; they are incorrectly pushed over the the POTUS Forum. (The most recent example being the post about the positions held by the SecAG and the SecDOI appointees.)
    Actually I disagree with you Al, the thread you mentioned was inappropriate for the general forum. It was political -- not really improtant to the group as a whole. Chris was right on in his decision to move it and I for one trust him completely to make those calls!

Quote Originally Posted by Al VanHoey View Post
    IMHO, these type of political posts should definitely be on the main forum even if they offend a few people because of their importance to the group as a whole.
    I'm sure that Chris is smart enough to see which type of "political" posts are relevant to RTF group as a whole. The other individual who really understands what would be important to RTF would be Florance Sloane. You Potus "people" are just too emotional about all these "pet" issues. Trust Chris!
    Pheasanttomeetyou

Refine Your Awareness

Amazing...
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

There must be a couple of thousand members of the forum. I am sure some of us have a family member who is either married to a non white or has a child of a non white race or has a friend or family member who has a partner/child who is homosexual.

It is extremely insulting to have people of non white races or homosexuals demeaned on this site.

I would not want to think that anybody would stand by and let another demean a person because of what color, ethnicity, religion or sexual persuasion. But there are some who have not gotten passed that.

If any rational person wittnessed a situation like that they would hopefully stop and say, "That is not acceptable."

This is the reason I responded 4 times in 3 years to a political discussion.

I do not want the bullies in control. If you are standing on the side and watching it happen you are just as guilty.

I also don't like this elbow in the rib kind of "humor" as if we all agree on the above issues.

And what really sets me on fire is these same folks will then ask for prayers for one reason or another.

Is there anyone I've left out?

Sorry Pheasant, just because you think we all should see them, some of us don't want to. I look through the political forum occasionally, but I got really tired of seeing it in this forum.
    Chris Goeson

"Friends help you move, true friends help you move the bodies."

Chris!

I think you now need to split THAT forum!

1. Flamin Lefties that dont know what theys a talkin about!

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd

2. Obnoxious right wing screwballs that THINK they do!!

As usual ask me ANYTIME you think I could be of help!!

I'm here for Ya Bro!

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

I'm for leaving it where it is!!!

If, from an equity standpoint, some feel we must look at this issue again, lets wait until the dust settles down from the first 100 days after the Inauguration.........

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

I like the idea of having a place to vent about politics. I tend to be rather thick skinned so the ruff and tumble tone of some posts generally doesn't bother me.

Its also a good place for the many political issues that are germane to those of us who run retrievers: gun control, anti breeder laws, breed specific bans, anti- hunting groups like PETA and other humaniacs.

NObody has their arm twisted to join this forum, much less read about topics they find objectionable.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Pheasanttomeetyou View Post
    Actually I disagree with you Al, the thread you mentioned was inappropriate for the general forum. It was political -- not really improtant to the group as a whole.
    I respect your right to disagree with me. If all of us agreed, this forum would be a pretty dull place. However, I firmly believe that certain political posts should be allowed in the general forum IF they pertain to hunting, retrievers, land access, breeding, etc. How can anyone say that a post about the SecAG appointee that vetoed legislation that would have allowed dove hunting in Iowa is not important to the group as a whole?!?!?

As for being a "POTUS PERSON", I only occasionally read and rarely post in the POTUS Forum now that the presidential election is over.

Al

I think Auggie Smith has the best advice I've heard for those who don't like politics in the Potus Place....

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/...-smith-smoking

Stay out of my bar.....

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    I think Auggie Smith has the best advice I've heard for those who don't like politics in the Potus Place....

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/...-smith-smoking

Stay out of my bar.....

/Paul
    That's great. Think I'll run over to Bed Bath and Beyond