The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petco 10% off instore -- ends January 31, 2009

Kristie Wilder

Default Petco 10% off instore -- ends January 31, 2009

Technically from sureshotshel on here (thanks, Michele!) but here you go!

http://www.petco.com/Content/Content...CMReferringUrl=

Any reason why Petco doesn't send these notices out directly to Petco pals?
    David Didier, GA

I just got a notice today that I if I went to the Petco website and activated my "coupon" I would get 15% off my next visit before Feb 15th. I don't need to have anything with me except my PALS card - it will be automatic.

Andy
    Andy

"You can't win until you are not afraid to lose."

Luckydux Cheese And Quackers CD MH - Briezy (7/20/99-4/4/14)
    FTCH AFTCH Luckydux Drakehaven Hot Ticket*** - Ticket
    Luckydux Gave Her Momma Forty Quacks - Lizzie
    Luckydux Quacker Jaxx WC JH - Jaxxy
    Luckydux Graham Quacker WC JH -Graham
    Luckydux Penny In A Parking Lot - Penny

FYI, for those who only have a Petsmart near by, they accept cometitors coupons. I use these all the time at Pestmart because the food we buy is about $5 a bag cheaper, and it's closer.

Thanks Kristie!
    Joni
    I don't wear black because it makes me look slim, I wear black because it hides the dog hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Carlson View Post
    I just got a notice today that I if I went to the Petco website and activated my "coupon" I would get 15% off my next visit before Feb 15th. I don't need to have anything with me except my PALS card - it will be automatic.

Andy

Who did you get notice from? I have been a long time Petco customer & I get nothing directly from them (maybe I made that choice whenI signed up to be a pal).
    David Didier, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Fowl Play WA View Post
    FYI, for those who only have a Petsmart near by, they accept cometitors coupons. I use these all the time at Pestmart because the food we buy is about $5 a bag cheaper, and it's closer.

Thanks Kristie!
    That is good to know. I think Petco and Petsmart are both "pricey" but Petco is worse. We just got one here and I was not real impressed with it compared to Petsmart. Just my "worthless" opinion!

Petco will match Petsmart pricing plus give you an additional 5% off for food purchases over 200#. They also send you a coupon for one free bag for every 10 you buy. So if you are a "PAL", Petco is much cheaper.

I've never seen the first Petsmart coupon, BTW.
    David Didier, GA

They send out a whole booklet of coupons. I never used them cuz they were for stuff I had no use for but there had to be at least 30-40 coupons in the booklet. I didn't know about the free bag. We just got Petsmart and Petco last year so just going on my little bit of experience with them. Not trying to start anything here just commenting!

Quote Originally Posted by 1st retriever View Post
    They send out a whole booklet of coupons. I never used them cuz they were for stuff I had no use for but there had to be at least 30-40 coupons in the booklet. I didn't know about the free bag. We just got Petsmart and Petco last year so just going on my little bit of experience with them. Not trying to start anything here just commenting!

No problem. I think Petco does a poor job of providing information about their discounts. Even when I go to their stores, those taking my money don't seem informed. But you are right, Petsmart does send out coupons for toys, junk but nothing I'd buy - like lots of food. Until gas prices went through the roof I bought food direct from a distributor but freight made that costly so I've been taking advantage of the Petco Pal discounts, their volume discounts, etc. My Purina Proplan Performance net price is about $28/bag from Petco with the discounts (plus Purina checks), neither Petsmart or the distributor will match that. BTW, I buy about 8-10 bags a month based upon what dogs I have at home & my extended family have.
    David Didier, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Granddaddy View Post
    Petco will match Petsmart pricing plus give you an additional 5% off for food purchases over 200#. They also send you a coupon for one free bag for every 10 you buy. So if you are a "PAL", Petco is much cheaper.

I've never seen the first Petsmart coupon, BTW.
    Do they match the price on one bag at a time? I don't have space to store food right now, otherwise I'd buy 4-5 bags at a time, but I don't have a garage, or a truly waterproof shed to store it in. My stores are really just arcoss the river from each other, but that drive could take about 15 extra minutes each way.
    Joni
    I don't wear black because it makes me look slim, I wear black because it hides the dog hair.