The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats your best bird boy story????

Banned

I was at a hunt test years ago where they were using quail as their game bird. I was running my dog Bo in a junior and when he hunted and hunted and could not find the bird he went to the holding blind the bird boy was in and grabbed a bird out of the bucket and brought it back to the line. The Judge hollared at the kid "why did you let the dog get a bird out of the bucket" and the kid hollared back "because the dog growled at me".

During a HT the judges sent the bird girl to a bush along a tree line to yell a distraction for a blind. She did fine for 5-6 dog before saying something to the judges about the yellow jackets. It seems the bush she was told to hide in had a yellow jacket nest and she had been stung about a dozen times prior to letting the judges know, enough is enough. This same girl at a previous test, her first as a bb, accidently shot herself in the foot with a popper gun, while they were rebirding. Luckly did not do any damage. Bud

I wasn't a judge and I certainly wasn't the thrower.

This was one of my first experiences with field trials. I was maybe 12 years old and was taking birds off the line. Like most kids get to do when they don't have a strong enough arm to make the throw the judges are looking for.

In this case I guess the adult didn't suffice either. After having the judge yell out to him several times, it was a time before radios, about proper placement the guy gets up, walks in out of the field and as he is walking by the dumbfounded judge, he stops for a brief moment and I quote, "GO F YOURSELF, I'm done"!!!

I have been in love with the field trial game ever since!!!!

Ok, Kip.... maybe you guys could tell us teh whole story..... ? And since we know Charlie is out training dogs....
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

i think the chester videos should have a link on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    I wasn't a judge and I certainly wasn't the thrower.

This was one of my first experiences with field trials. I was maybe 12 years old and was taking birds off the line. Like most kids get to do when they don't have a strong enough arm to make the throw the judges are looking for.

In this case I guess the adult didn't suffice either. After having the judge yell out to him several times, it was a time before radios, about proper placement the guy gets up, walks in out of the field and as he is walking by the dumbfounded judge, he stops for a brief moment and I quote, "GO F YOURSELF, I'm done"!!!

I have been in love with the field trial game ever since!!!!
    Judging at the Cattle Ranch with Henry Ragle and the inmate throwing the left hand bird wasn't hitting the target. I can't remember his name, but i bet a few here know it... he had just won some prisoner weight lifting competition and has arms bigger than my legs. The throw wasn't acceptable, so i got on the radio and told him that Henry said to hit the target or he was gonna come out there to have a talk with him. HAHAHAHAHA

No better group of workers than at the Cattle Ranch, but that dude scared me!

SM

Quote Originally Posted by kip View Post
    i think the chester videos should have a link on here.
    I agree!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7YuW...layer_embedded

I think if EVERYONE started their day off by watching this video, we would have world peace.

Eaaaaaaaaasy lef regards,

SM

shayne "big mac" is his name and he won the world in power lifting in his weight class. we couldnt let him throw the flyers because nobody could hit them.lol

Quote Originally Posted by kip View Post
    shayne "big mac" is his name and he won the world in power lifting in his weight class. we couldnt let him throw the flyers because nobody could hit them.lol
    Thats right! Big Mac... and the other guy was Houston right? That was a lot of fun.

SM

Don't ever put a 16 yo bird girl with PMS out in a boat with a 10 yo novice bird boy waving a gun. I had to send Mitch down to sweet talk her to keep going.
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam