The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BCS Correct? gdg

Default BCS Correct? gdg

Through 2 quarters it looks like the BCS finally picked the two best teams in College
    football for the National Championship game.

Not so fast. I'm not sure anybody could beat USC.

At the end of the day, I hardly care. A part of me thinks there is so much wasted energy and money in that whole system.

I think the highest paid state employee (in almost every state) is the university's football coach. Just a thought.
    Stray labs make great pets.
    Proud member of the FF society.

YEs they got it right
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

In my opinion, as long as we still have to ask ourselves this question every year, then no the BCS is not correct. As glas as I am to see Florida win it all last night, there is still doubt in my mind, because there are 3 other teams that won there BCS bowl game, and one of those teams beat the same team they beat last night, so no the BCS is nothing more than a money maker for some rich guys, not a true "championship". It's kind of like the Helms title in college basketball was years ago.

Maybe.....but I sure would have liked to have seen Texas and USC in the mix.....I want a PLAYOFF!!!!!!!!!!
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by rdwnc80 View Post
    In my opinion, as long as we still have to ask ourselves this question every year, then no the BCS is not correct. As glas as I am to see Florida win it all last night, there is still doubt in my mind, because there are 3 other teams that won there BCS bowl game, and one of those teams beat the same team they beat last night, so no the BCS is nothing more than a money maker for some rich guys, not a true "championship". It's kind of like the Helms title in college basketball was years ago.
    Who are these "rich guys" who make money on the BCS? If there was a series of "bowl" games that made up a playoff, I dont thing the money situation would change a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Noel View Post
    Who are these "rich guys" who make money on the BCS? If there was a series of "bowl" games that made up a playoff, I dont thing the money situation would change a bit.
    The rich guys would be the universities that belong to the BCS. The non-BCS teams get a fraction of the payout compared to the BSC schools due to the At Large Bid agreements given to non BCS schools.

I am all for a palyoffs system if one is created that makes sense. Just remember that if we have an 8 school palyoff system than teams ranked 9 and 10th would complain that they are deserving too. Same with a 16 team playoff, teams 17th and 18th would be complaining. I'd like to see an 8 team playoff system keeping the current bowl names and extending the college season by one week.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

I want a playoff system too. Can you imagine some of the match-ups if you looked at the top 12 teams in the country! There would have been some very good games.

Not to mention, give anyone a month to prepare and you can almost play with anyone for one game. Look at Oklahoma and Ohio State!
    ________
    Toyota Motor North America specifications
    Last edited by JamesTannery; 01-29-2011 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post
    The rich guys would be the universities that belong to the BCS. The non-BCS teams get a fraction of the payout compared to the BSC schools due to the At Large Bid agreements given to non BCS schools.

I am all for a palyoffs system if one is created that makes sense. Just remember that if we have an 8 school palyoff system than teams ranked 9 and 10th would complain that they are deserving too. Same with a 16 team playoff, teams 17th and 18th would be complaining. I'd like to see an 8 team playoff system keeping the current bowl names and extending the college season by one week.
    I know how much the schools make. The poster I quoted made it sound like there was a small group of "individuals" that were profiting from the BCS. I was curious as to who these guys are, or who he thinks they are.

I guess we will never know who the best team is!! I am a Penn State fan But I think USC should be considered. Until they have a play off it is only the BCS opion. That is my $.002.