RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

BCS Correct? gdg

2K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  frogs97 
#1 ·
Through 2 quarters it looks like the BCS finally picked the two best teams in College
football for the National Championship game.

#2 ·
Not so fast. I'm not sure anybody could beat USC.

At the end of the day, I hardly care. A part of me thinks there is so much wasted energy and money in that whole system.

I think the highest paid state employee (in almost every state) is the university's football coach. Just a thought.

#3 ·
YEs they got it right

#4 ·
In my opinion, as long as we still have to ask ourselves this question every year, then no the BCS is not correct. As glas as I am to see Florida win it all last night, there is still doubt in my mind, because there are 3 other teams that won there BCS bowl game, and one of those teams beat the same team they beat last night, so no the BCS is nothing more than a money maker for some rich guys, not a true "championship". It's kind of like the Helms title in college basketball was years ago.

#8 · (Edited)
I want a playoff system too. Can you imagine some of the match-ups if you looked at the top 12 teams in the country! There would have been some very good games.

Not to mention, give anyone a month to prepare and you can almost play with anyone for one game. Look at Oklahoma and Ohio State!
________
Toyota Motor North America specifications

#16 ·
Story today on yahoo where Obama wants a college football playoff system. I'm sure that whatever the Messiah wants, he'll receive. Could be a smoke screen so folks won't talk about how he's defanged the CIA and Homeland Security.

#18 ·
If they had a playoff system, there would be even more of a contrast between the "haves" and "have nots."

60 some-odd schools got an extra month of practice this year. Thats HUGE when it comes to developing a team. In fact, most teams spend more time in bowl preparation than they do in spring training.

Less practice = less player development. The other teams won't be able to compete with the powerhouses. Then it's a huge gap between the top 20 programs and the other 100 programs.

If only 8 teams got to have those extra few weeks each year, the cream would rise even more to the top, because in reality there would only be about 20 teams that had a legitimate chance of making the playoffs year end and year out.

#20 ·
I have never heard of an advocate of a playoff say that they would like to eliminate the bowl system...simply incorporate the playoffs into some of the existing bowls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.