The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: Obama appointee forgot to pay taxes

Default Obama appointee forgot to pay taxes

It's just a little hiccup in the nomination process says Harry Reed speaker of the senate. Oh another little hiccup is his house keeper does not have a valid green card.This is the guy thst will organize the country's problems.
    In order to get approval for his nomination he paid the overdue tax.
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html

Won't hear about it on CNN, but heaven help us if Joe the Plumber doesn't pay some silly tax in a state that he doesn't live in (I think that's what the deal is).
    Stray labs make great pets.
    Proud member of the FF society.

Do as I say not as I do....................
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

I have no problem with the appointee, but with the double standard that people that make more money can delay paying their taxes. Me on the other hand have to pay more than is due and the government uses that money and returns the surplus when I file. So they have some more than a year.

It's time for a fair tax or something with a smaller tax code.
    Last edited by Richard Halstead; 01-15-2009 at 05:02 PM.
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html

While not a student of specifics, I do remember a Clinton era appointee for Atty Gen who had failed to pay her Guatemalan housekeeper's employment taxes, a very common oversight of that era. She was thrown under the bus & very quickly she withdrew, the country ended up with that outstandiing barrister, Janet Reno, who held the position longer than any other.

The lady who was thrown under the bus continued in her $500K position for some brokerage?, I believe, where she was more than likely able to pass on the legality of "phantom asset loans". We need to be sure things are vetted properly, as sometimes the end result can be worse than the original medicine.

That is Sen Harry ReId, with an I, which is appropriate as his only thought is what is good for "I".

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

I am surprised this is not being discussed more.
    The appointee who failed to pay the $36,000.00, also filled out the necessary paperwork and was reimbursed an allowance on the taxes he did not pay by his employer (the IMF). THAT seems on the face of it to be fraud.

By the way, the appointee is Tim Geinthner, the position is SECRETARY OF THE TREASURY, which in many peoples view makes him the ultimate head of the IRS!

Guess now it won't be a big deal for anyone who forgets to pay their taxes!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Mike D View Post

Guess now it won't be a big deal for anyone who forgets to pay their taxes!

ROFLMAO You might at least have added a winky after that query, Mike.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

During my thrice weekly structured exercise routine watched the confirmation hearings on CNBC. Found it interesting that there were no credits given questioners, if I remember when there was an R on the grill the D's got more credit than the nominee - MEDIA BIAS? There was some grey haired guy that pinned the nominee down quite well, followed by another grey haired guy who looked like he imbibed a little too much but sure nailed him on his story about it being an honest mistake.

Then came Jon Kyl, AZ's better Senator, who's in my mind & by his principled stands a fairly bright guy. Kyl had many disagreements with the testimony of the nominee. they had a fairly good exchange.

But what struck me as most interesting was the look on the face of the nominee further amplified by his actions as he spoke, as if to say, "Do you folks know who you are talking to? I'm an Ivy League grad, head of the NY Fed, & I published a paper that said all this stuff was bad". What he failed to say was he did not do jack squat about it.

While I wish BO & his cronies well as it will help my bottom line - it looks to be an interesting 4 years. Richardson didn't even hear the starter pistol before he became dead meat. How many more?? Anyone care to wager as to how many will fall on the sword?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Not nearly enough Marvin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Then came Jon Kyl, AZ's better Senator, who's in my mind & by his principled stands a fairly bright guy. Kyl had many disagreements with the testimony of the nominee. they had a fairly good exchange.
    You won't find a finer man than Jon Kyl...straight forward, principled and stays above the 'bickering'.....hope he is our 'Senior' Senator very soon.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech