The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FC Money Talks 11

Default FC Money Talks 11

Hey guys

Can anyone tell me how his pup's are to train? are they Vocal? Do they Mature fast? This may be a stupid question but does he throw pups with short ears or Long ears. I love a lab with long ears. What are the size of pup's he is throwing? does he have any pups that are old enough to compete in Hunt test or field trials? If so how are they doing??

Sorry for so many question. I'm looking for a FOX RED pup.

thanks Chas
    Lavender's Red Solo Cup " Solo "

LL,

I have a Copper pup who is 9 months old out a HRCH Nitro Bitch. I am very pleased with his development to this point. He is the fourth dog that I have trained so I am an expert by no means. The things that I like about him, he is quite (a little whine every now and then when honoring), he marks well, very high desire and drive, on marks he would rahter go long than check down. We just finished TT work and at first I thought we may never get it. However, even though he seems to be a little stubborn one he gets it he's got it.

I love these kinds of topics espicallys since I have a dog by this stud. But remember it takes two to make a puppy so moms traits and line are very important as well. One thing I would tell you to do is contact Van. I spoke to him a couple of times about Copper and he sent me in the direction of several litters, he is very nice guy, and is very willing to talk about Copper.

As far as physical size Waylon is 72lbs currently and I really like his build. One other thing about Waylon is he does take a lot of pressue espicially with the collar. I really like Waylon and would purchase another pup from that litter in a heart beat, I am very pleased.

Below are two links to pictures of Waylon. I was able to get him out hunting this season a couple of times and he did very well, was steady and marked great!

http://www.southforkretrievers.com/IMG_2953.JPG

http://www.southforkretrievers.com/IMG_2939.JPG

I am trying to make up my mind if I am goint to run him at the JH/SR test or skip them and start running SH level in the spring. He is definaly marking at the SH level, and if we can keep our taining progressing at the current rate we should be able to run SH blinds as well, only time will tell.

If I was looking for a Copper pup I would call Van or shoot him an e-mail about up coming litters. He will be glad to forward the info to you.

David Sours
    Support Conservation Hunt with a Trained Retriever

www.southforkretrievers.com/index.html

I had a male by Copper out of a Trumarc's Cordon Bleu daughter. I sold him as a started dog at about a year old. He was nice-looking and smallish (maybe 60 pounds). Very smart, very outgoing with a really cool personality. Sensitive, easy to get along with and very vocal. He was quiet on the line, but noisy everywhere else. He was a good marker and was very comfortable in the water. Overall, a very nice pup who could have done anything in the HT world and would have quite possibly made a good derby dog or beyond in FT's.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

I don't think David Maddox will mind me posting a PM that he sent me recently about a 13-month-old pup he got from me out of our first Copper litter.

"Maybe I should have titled this pm "TIP!!!!"
    WOW-What a bitch. Tip is finished with "swim-bys" and "double T", and now working on "tune-up" drills in water. She sees "cold blinds" out to 120 yds daily; before any marking setups. She is a big running bitch that can flat move. The fastest dog I've owned to date. Right now I would say that she is "pin-point" on singles out to 250 or so, and really good on doubles. Her handling is REALLY coming along well. She is definately the "Class Clown", to quote Joanna.

"I'm a little concerned with her really straight back legs (since Jiggy's TPLO), and the fact that birds are just ok. She'd rather have a nice bumper. The bird thing is starting to work out ok though.

"She is about an inch taller than Jiggy at the withers and a freakin' rock. All muscle, though appears thin at times. She is pushing 70 lbs and quite red right now. I believe that you would be REALLY proud of our girl. WE LOVE HER!!!

"Have you heard any news on her littermates???"

Do they have a website for Copper?
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

I have a Copper pup who just turned a year old. She is 23 inches tall, very muscular & not vocal. She loves birds, is a good marker, and is really smart. I can say that she is way more sensitive than her blockheaded mother. I have been told by someone with way more experience than me that she is a thinker. Once she get's something she doesn't forget. Now I have to work on her sweet creeping skillz.... AND, I am really excited to run the derby with her this year!

ps.. All of her littermates are high energy but nice on the house....
    Princess Darla of Nottingham MH ***
    Copper's Darlin' Rascal "Spanky" ***
    Spanky's Darlin Rascal "Wheezy"

Yellow dogs rule the world!

Quote Originally Posted by David Sours View Post
    LL,

I have a Copper pup who is 9 months old out a HRCH Nitro Bitch. I am very pleased with his development to this point. He is the fourth dog that I have trained so I am an expert by no means. The things that I like about him, he is quite (a little whine every now and then when honoring), he marks well, very high desire and drive, on marks he would rahter go long than check down. We just finished TT work and at first I thought we may never get it. However, even though he seems to be a little stubborn one he gets it he's got it.

I love these kinds of topics espicallys since I have a dog by this stud. But remember it takes two to make a puppy so moms traits and line are very important as well. One thing I would tell you to do is contact Van. I spoke to him a couple of times about Copper and he sent me in the direction of several litters, he is very nice guy, and is very willing to talk about Copper.

As far as physical size Waylon is 72lbs currently and I really like his build. One other thing about Waylon is he does take a lot of pressue espicially with the collar. I really like Waylon and would purchase another pup from that litter in a heart beat, I am very pleased.

Below are two links to pictures of Waylon. I was able to get him out hunting this season a couple of times and he did very well, was steady and marked great!

http://www.southforkretrievers.com/IMG_2953.JPG

http://www.southforkretrievers.com/IMG_2939.JPG

I am trying to make up my mind if I am goint to run him at the JH/SR test or skip them and start running SH level in the spring. He is definaly marking at the SH level, and if we can keep our taining progressing at the current rate we should be able to run SH blinds as well, only time will tell.

If I was looking for a Copper pup I would call Van or shoot him an e-mail about up coming litters. He will be glad to forward the info to you.

David Sours
    Your pup is beautiful!
    Princess Darla of Nottingham MH ***
    Copper's Darlin' Rascal "Spanky" ***
    Spanky's Darlin Rascal "Wheezy"

Yellow dogs rule the world!

Thanks for the compliments about Waylon,

He is laying on his bed as I type, we just got back in from running our PB's and had a nice marking session as well. He absolutely pinned a 300 yd slot bird! I am very excited about running him this season I would love to run him in a derby in the fall. I have no FT experience but would love to get my feet wet with Waylon.

One other comment I will make about Waylon he is great in the house and wonderful with my 3 year old daughter who refers to him as her BEST BUDDY WAYLON.

David Sours
    Support Conservation Hunt with a Trained Retriever

www.southforkretrievers.com/index.html

Copper is one of the dogs that I make it a point to watch. He might be the fastest moving animal on our circuit and a big, good looking dog (for a Lab). Van and Jennifer are also two of the nicest people around.
    Mark