The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 115 Groups Ask Obama's Ag Secretary to End Wildlife Killing

Quote Originally Posted by DSO View Post
    Chris said when it is news and not opinion, and when a link is provided, it is okay to post here.

Is this in fact the standard? Seems pretty reasonable to me. If it's news and not op/ed what is the problem with putting it on RTF. I read about all kinds of news there... Plane crashes / State DOT's going green / poisonous dog food being recalled. Interesting and informative stuff. Why if it is news involving the government does it have to be moved? Where do you draw the line? There never seems to be a problem until the word "Obama" is in the title or the thread has something to do with gun control. If all threads having to do with government need to be on POTUS Place we better move the thread about the State DOT going green. News items have earned their place on the RTF. Read the title, if you don't like it don't open it and move on. Ignore the people and the threads you don't like. What's the hard part?

Danny
    Danny,

I attempted to address, exactly what you wrote, in my post immediately above yours.

My apologies if you disagree.

Kevin's thread got lots of views before being moved.

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    Danny,

I attempted to address, exactly what you wrote, in my post immediately above yours.

My apologies if you disagree.

Kevin's thread got lots of views before being moved.

Chris
    Chris, I feel bad at where my post got entered. The last post on the thread before I started typing was from zeus3925. Started typing / got sidetracked and by the time I finished and hit send, your post got in a head of mine. You addressed many of my concerns and had I read your post prior to sending mine, I probably would not have posted at all. Thanks for all you do. I do think news items have there place on the RTF but I realize you need to strike a balance to keep things under control. If people could just follow your "golden rule" this would not likely be the problem it has turned into. Thanks again for all your effort my apologies for how everything shook out.

Danny

If there was any reason to trust the anti's there could be fruitful discussions, but there is not.

Last week I read somewhere that a federal judge has banned de-listing the wolves around Jellystone, though that was in the original agreement approved. The wolves now have more packs than required, greater numbers, et al. But the anti's go to court to stop the de-listing. They prove they are not trustworthy, it's all about fund raising, so the Anti bureaucrats can avoid doing anything useful in life. In the meantime the wolves are killing healthy Elk to sustain their diet.

So let's analyze this - they want to stop the government trappers from taking the game - laudable goal as I think the ranchers & farmers need to do their own pest cleanup. But it is OK for a government agent to kill a Mountain Lion after it attacks one of their own doing their exercise in an area they don't belong. Am I missing something here, is my line of thinking wrong?

But while wer'e discussing this does anyone have a number for the trappers, I got some too darn healthy raccoons raising cane with our bird feeders, & I think they would make someone a great pelt for a hat.

We love the wildlife, & try to accomodate them as much as we can. There is nothing like waking to the sounds of Elk grazing outside your bedroom window & they are even more majestic during the day. But we do recognize that there is a necessity to harvest overpopulations in this manage the wildlife world. & one can do that while respecting wildlife's inherent right to do what they do.

& in closing, I respect what Chris does & know he does not like the give & take of these posts. But those who are so easily offended by posts of this nature are doing the sport no favor, regardless of title or content of posts of this nature. Life is about control of what we do, if there is no resistance to these people you will leave precious little heritage for those who follow you. I think the post should have stayed on the main forum but it will be easire to locate here.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Everyone, in particular those who say this doe not apply to us, seems to be missing the salient point.

Read it closely. The antis are complaining about the USDA killing all wildlife (the article says "2.4 million"). Why should the government stop killing all wildlife? Because it includes 121,000 carnivores? You are not paying attention.

See, the talk about the carnivores is a ruse and you all seemed to have fallen for it. They also want the government to stop shooting ducks and geese and deer and rabbits and . . . .

There is a timeliness of this too. This would include the birds the USDA shoots near airports. You know, the birds that cause air disasters? Yes, those geese.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

I think after this weekends goose airline incident, they might think about a bounty on the geese that pose a problem to the flight paths. Put some blinds on Rikers Island to help police the over population.
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Halstead View Post
    I think after this weekends goose airline incident, they might think about a bounty on the geese that pose a problem to the flight paths. Put some blinds on Rikers Island to help police the over population.
    Let the Canadian napalm those snow geese
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!