The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fair tax

An overview of the Fair Tax with Former Gov Mike Huckabee
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm4YG-xhLpM
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    I have had enough exposure to welfare people to trump anyone here. The typical recipient is a separated or newly divorced parent in their late 20's or early 30's with two kids. Most are off the roles within two years. Most of the budget actually goes to service providers rather than to the actual recipient. While the professional grifter does exist, exhaustive efforts go on to root them out. They are not as prevalent as commonly thought. But, as they say, perception is reality.

I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. I grew up in Indiana so that's more where I know the people. When I go back for a visit I see the same people in the same neighborhoods all collecting government assistance. The only difference is it's now their kids collecting on their litter. The parents who's kids have gotten to old to collect on have now moved on to SSI, and will collect that until the day they die. This is whole areas of town, and third and forth generation. Once you start with the handouts the families treat it as a family trade, much like a carpenter passing down a trade to a son. This is the reality..

The welfare system came about as a response to the political will of the people. If the majority of the people didn't want it, it wouldn't exist.

The system may have come about out of need, but is not doing as intended. What has happened is the creation of a perpetual underclass. There is no longer a need for people to take entry level jobs. This means a lot of people aren't getting the work history, and job skills they need to move up, and out of the system. It also has created a class of people who are always in pursuit of a government program. Is there any statistics on the number of people that go from welfare to SIS I'm betting it's pretty high

Quote Originally Posted by sprintwrench75 View Post
    http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer.

I agree with it they have my support. There is some very interesting reading on this site. Take some time and read through it. Why would anyone not want this system? Oh wait then the politicians would have nothing to campaign on.
    Use the Fair Tax Calculator compare what you gain
    http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServ...ame=calculator
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html

Tremayne, are your Welfare Boards still local? You need to get on your Welfare Board and grab as many people as you can to go with you. I wouldn't tolerate grifting for one second. It is stealing and is a crime.

The trouble with local boards is that they usually run on a shoestring and never seem to have enough resources to get the job done right. Local boards often know the community better, but, sometimes will go along so as not to tick off a voter.

But, there is no excuse for lax enforcement. It just encourages more misbehavior. The Board has got to get the message it has to do the right thing.

Go Boilers!
    Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

I spent some years in the Hoosier state before moving to Minnesota. Never could quite get the hang of it. One moment its north, the next its deep south. Being a native Michiganian, Minnesota is more like what I grew up in --pre-Apocalypse.
    Sarge

The only "Fair Tax" is a fixed percentage of income, across the board, regardless of the amount of income. It's too fair and too simple, so it will never happen.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    I spent some years in the Hoosier state before moving to Minnesota. Never could quite get the hang of it. One moment its north, the next its deep south. Being a native Michiganian, Minnesota is more like what I grew up in --pre-Apocalypse.
    Indiana is a little different. One of the points I was trying to make though is that the welfare stats are distorted by the fact the "users" just changed their approach. The real users stay on welfare long enough for their SSI benefits to be processed. SSI comes out of the social security fund, so it's not a state program. You can get SSI for a number of reasons. A common reason is nervous disorders. One of my uncles and his two sons just claimed to be to nervous to go to job interviews, or talk to a boss. Now they just collect SSI and sell a little dope, they are fat and sassy. These guys are big strong men perfectly capable of making a living. So when we talk about "leaches" maybe we shouldn't label them "welfare people".

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    Indiana is a little different. One of the points I was trying to make though is that the welfare stats are distorted by the fact the "users" just changed their approach. The real users stay on welfare long enough for their SSI benefits to be processed. SSI comes out of the social security fund, so it's not a state program. You can get SSI for a number of reasons. A common reason is nervous disorders. One of my uncles and his two sons just claimed to be to nervous to go to job interviews, or talk to a boss. Now they just collect SSI and sell a little dope, they are fat and sassy. These guys are big strong men perfectly capable of making a living. So when we talk about "leaches" maybe we shouldn't label them "welfare people".
    I am not in a position to doubt our statement, Hoosier. I don't know where these SSI examiners come from or who is writing the psych ticket for these fellows. Usually, you have go through quite an ordeal and get rejected many times. Generally, if you are going to claim a nervous disorder for SSI, you'd better bring a train load of paper and a sassy lawyer to boot. I don't have any recent experience with the program. It could be there is no oversight due to cutbacks and the gates are open.

This is from this mornings Strib:

http://www.startribune.com/politics/...aPc:_Yyc:aUUsZ
    Sarge

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hester View Post
    The only "Fair Tax" is a fixed percentage of income, across the board, regardless of the amount of income. It's too fair and too simple, so it will never happen.
    Why is the percentage a more fair system than an equal dollar value?

If you went to the movies and you were asked how much money you made and the movie fee was based on a percentage of your income you would be outraged.

Why isnít the tax for an adult in the US just some monetary figure. Each US citizen pays the same amount of money into the system, no exceptions, no deductions?

BTW, I am no advocating anything here just presenting one argument that illustrates that there isn't any such thing as a fair tax system.

Somebodyís ox will always get gored.

[quote=subroc;391110]Why is the percentage a more fair system than an equal dollar value?

Why isnít the tax for an adult in the US just some monetary figure. Each US citizen pays the same amount of money into the system, no exceptions, no deductions?

It would never work. It would be a disproportionate burden on lower income people.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson