The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: inauguration

In these so called terrible economic times, the best thing that fool Obama could have done was set an example of fiscal responsiblity by having a small well contained inauguration spending as little money as possible, rather than this circus costing a fortune. A total waste of money and I for one am totally disgusted.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Whatever he spend on this party, it commemorates the darkes tday in america since Pearl Pearl Harobur and 811 combinded.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Whatever he spend on this party, it commemorates the darkes tday in america since Pearl Pearl Harobur and 811 combinded.
    Sorry Bob
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    In these so called terrible economic times, the best thing that fool Obama could have done was set an example of fiscal responsiblity by having a small well contained inauguration spending as little money as possible, rather than this circus costing a fortune. A total waste of money and I for one am totally disgusted.
    That would have earned Obama some respect by those who are leary of him! Having a modest event would have been a greate example but, lets don't forget he's a Democrat.

And, we are rich! These guys can sling around billions of dollars like nickels because, IT AIN"T THEIR MONEY! Heck, we can just continue to print more money.

I haven't watched any of it nor will I watch any of it!
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Geez for all that money you think they could have gotten PDiddy to sing ....

and you think he could have managed to memorize the oath of office. If thats the best he can do without a teleprompter then the late night shows will have lots of material.

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

INteresting the stock market is down 170 points right now, just after the oath.....

<<<<<not watched it either, but then again I have never watched one
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    Geez for all that money you think they could have gotten PDiddy to sing ....

and you think he could have managed to memorize the oath of office. If thats the best he can do without a teleprompter then the late night shows will have lots of material.

/Paul
    He did memorize it.

Apparently the Chief Justice fed him the wrong words, which is what led to the momentary comedy for ya'll.

This may be the first inauguration I've been able to watch all the way through in real time. The ceremony was interesting, the speech was interesting in that it was a little tougher than I expected and though there were parts I disagreed with in terms of message or tone it certainly had some things to think about in it, Aretha was a treat, and Yo Yo Ma is a national treasure.

Like him or not, approve of the hoopla or no, it can only be a good thing that it went off smoothly and peacefully.

Some of my friends call me jaded, which kind of hurts my feelings; checking out this board makes me feel like a wide-eyed grinning tourist by comparison. As a whole I found it quite engaging and inspiring.

As an added bonus, Mr. Obama held off enough on the Lincoln allusions that he did not take the oath in tails and a stovepipe hat. After the train ride into DC, a few of us here in the heartland were just a little concerned about possible fashion references...
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    INteresting the stock market is down 170 points right now, just after the oath.....

<<<<<not watched it either, but then again I have never watched one
    Now down 311 points--- Dow is below 8000

Guess the 150 mil party ain't enough of a stimulous package!
    Last edited by Captain Mike D; 01-20-2009 at 02:37 PM. Reason: added thought

From MSN.Money---

"Financial markets gave Barack Obama no presidential honeymoon.
    As the nation's 44th president took office from George W. Bush and walked up Pennsylvania Avenue to the White House on a cold, sunny afternoon, deepening fears about financial companies battered stocks to two-month lows.
    At the close, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 332 points, or 4%, to 7,949.
    The percentage decline was the biggest ever on the first day of an administration. That broke the old record of 2.9%, set on Nov. 22, 1963, when Lyndon Johnson took over after John F. Kennedy's assassination.
    The Nasdaq Composite Index shed 88 points, or 5.8%, to 1,441, and the Standard & Poor's 500 Index dropped 45 points, or 5.3%, to 805.
    The market's close was the worst since bottoming on Nov. 20, and there was talk late today that U.S. stocks will head lower. "

The sky is falling the sky is falling!