The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What media bias???

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCreek View Post
    Wasn't his still higher than the Congress? What does that say about Congress?
    Following the election, less than 20% of respondents approved of the job done by Congress. The approval rating for Congress has declined every year that GWB was in office, beginning with majority approval in 2001 and dropping steadily since then. The contrast to this is that even with an overall approval rating of under 20%, 57% of respondents approve of the job being done by their own Congressman (see http://www.gallup.com/poll/109267/Voters-Strongly-Backing-Incumbents-Congress.aspx). Not surprisingly, this suggests that people are making judgments based on what is accomplished by government as a whole meaning that either Congress or the President can spoil the pudding for the other. The fact the Congress' rating declined each year GWB was in office without regard for which party cotrolled Congress suggests that the problem may reflect more on the top of the ticket than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I actually watched it on CNN.
    And MSNBC among others as well aired it. And I believe it was covered by all the major networks.
    Last edited by Losthwy; 01-21-2009 at 09:13 PM.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

Quote Originally Posted by M Remington View Post
    This is ridiculous. If our country is so fragile that dissention poses a threat to our way of life, we've got huge issues. Are you advocating doing away with the first amendment so that people have no freedom of speech? Isn't stifling dissention more of a threat than the dissention itself?
    No Mark, ONLY THE LEFT TRIES TO STIFLE DISSENTION.

Top of The Evening

Whats really sad is with the recent single digit rating of congress even less of the electorate even know who their congressional representatives even are.

I would also guess that if you took a poll 50% of recent voters may not even know who the VP is......Joe who.....

In fact I bet more registered voters know who was voted off American idol last week.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    .I'll provide the validity when you and your Obama lovers show me a valid birth certificate. At this point he is an illigitimate POTUS. Find the proof that he isn't.UB

Here's living proof, that Barack Obama, the 44th President, is indeed, a citizen. Oh, by the way, for anyone who noticed, he did take the oath of office a 2nd time, as well.

Well, for all the things that can go wrong...we
    no longer have to worry about this article of the
    Constitution being violated. When in Hawaii,
    unknown to anyone, Obama requested his original birth certificate, paid the $10.00 fee, and showed it to all who were interested.
    Here is the official document, all the lawsuits have been withdrawn and we can be rest assured that this matter can be put to rest........
    Snopes.com and fact.check both have verified that finally this is the true document.
    In a gesture of patriotism I urge all of you to take a look-see so forever this issue will be laid to rest. The document has been put on Publisher and the second copy is on MS Word 2003 for those of you who don't have Publisher.

Obama's
    471K View Download
    Official
    458K View Download

Is this what you've been waiting for? JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 01-22-2009 at 11:45 AM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by M Remington View Post
    This is ridiculous. If our country is so fragile that dissention poses a threat to our way of life, we've got huge issues. Are you advocating doing away with the first amendment so that people have no freedom of speech? Isn't stifling dissention more of a threat than the dissention itself?

So you like the 1st amendment, but have no problem with ignoring the 2nd amendment?

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    Makes me feel nasty all over to agree with anything cotts has to say, however, he is correct that the 42 million did not include security. The BO inauguration costs will not be known in total for months, though likely to exceed the Bush Bash probably not by all that much. Poor reporting.

The reporting bias however can still be argued: Who can forget the Will Lester (AP) commentary on how many armored Humvees could be purchased, the vaccinations and health care for 22 million children or the down payment on the national debt that the 42 million would have covered. Anthony Weiner (NY-D Representitive) stated that the Bush inauguration costs were excessive and recommended a Roosevelt style ball. There are others (research...I'm not going to take anymore of my time...I need a thorough shower ). The tone of the reporting on expenditures 2005 and today would appear worlds apart.
    I agree that the tone of the comparisons is worlds apart as is the economic climate of January 05 compared to now. Yet nowhere did you see the fawning media suggest that perhaps a scaled down celebration would be more appropriate during the economic crisis we're now in.

However in none of the estimates has there been any mention of the cost of giving all those federal workers a holiday for the coronation, either. That alone had to add considerably to the cost of the BHO festivities. Not to mention the filth that had to be cleaned up; haven't seen that estimate anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Following the election, less than 20% of respondents approved of the job done by Congress. The approval rating for Congress has declined every year that GWB was in office, beginning with majority approval in 2001 and dropping steadily since then. The contrast to this is that even with an overall approval rating of under 20%, 57% of respondents approve of the job being done by their own Congressman (see http://www.gallup.com/poll/109267/Voters-Strongly-Backing-Incumbents-Congress.aspx). Not surprisingly, this suggests that people are making judgments based on what is accomplished by government as a whole meaning that either Congress or the President can spoil the pudding for the other. The fact the Congress' rating declined each year GWB was in office without regard for which party cotrolled Congress suggests that the problem may reflect more on the top of the ticket than anyone else.
    Oh PULeease, Jeff. Most of the time I think you present well-reasoned arguments, even though I disagree with you most of the time. This little epistle is really carrying Bush bashing to an extreme, even for a liberal. Your 'facts' prove nothing except the dumbing down of America. I doubt 57 percent of those polled even know who their representatives are, much less whether or not they're doing a good job. Remember most people think their children and dogs are the best, too. So we shouldn't be surprised they think 'their' representative is above average.

I remember watching msnbc when Obama had just won the Primary, first african american to be nominated, every channel I flipped thru had the numbers on untill I went to Fox, and minutes after this historic event what did Fox news have on?decision..The weather forecast for Omaha..There is bias everywhere, MSNBC says Obama can do no wrong, FOX news could film george killing a shop full of puppies and report what a great job he is doing controlling the animal population. You gotta look thru all that stuff and make your own decision. The country spoke, (I am not preaching my beliefs by no means, its just the way it is). They voted the Republicans out and Dems in. Let the Dems screw everything up like the republicans did and they will get thier turn at being booted out.just the way the cycle goes.

Quote Originally Posted by shootncast View Post
    I remember watching msnbc when Obama had just won the Primary, first african american to be nominated, every channel I flipped thru had the numbers on untill I went to Fox, and minutes after this historic event what did Fox news have on?decision..The weather forecast for Omaha..There is bias everywhere, MSNBC says Obama can do no wrong, FOX news could film george killing a shop full of puppies and report what a great job he is doing controlling the animal population. You gotta look thru all that stuff and make your own decision. The country spoke, (I am not preaching my beliefs by no means, its just the way it is). They voted the Republicans out and Dems in. Let the Dems screw everything up like the republicans did and they will get thier turn at being booted out.just the way the cycle goes.
    Please, we all know PETA kills puppies......

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"