The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What media bias???

Julie excelent picture.
    Thats an example of their life
    Its an example of lazy ass free loaders hoping their man comes through with next months mortgage.

I'd be their handing out tickets for littering.
    Yes I know some smart ass will show post a picture od the 2004 inauguration,,,,well the protesters did it.

Pete

From me:
    I believe the left took this nation to the brink with their constant attacks on their nation for the last 8 years. So much so that they had the nations enemies regurgitating their talking points.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Remington View Post
    This is ridiculous. If our country is so fragile that dissention poses a threat to our way of life, we've got huge issues. Are you advocating doing away with the first amendment so that people have no freedom of speech? Isn't stifling dissention more of a threat than the dissention itself?
    I love the constitution. I particularly love all the amendments. I donít believe it is a living document like those on the left. I think it is pretty good as is. I think the amendment process is about as living as it needs to be. That said, I am pretty happy with this interpretation of the first amendment by Associate Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes:

ďThe most stringent protection of free speech would not protect a man in falsely shouting fire in a theatre and causing a panic.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    From me:

I love the constitution. I particularly love all the amendments. I don’t believe it is a living document like those on the left. I think it is pretty good as is. I think the amendment process is about as living as it needs to be. That said, I am pretty happy with this interpretation of the first amendment by Associate Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes:

“The most stringent protection of free speech would not protect a man in falsely shouting fire in a theatre and causing a panic.”
    And the interpretation of this by the Supreme Court has been pretty absolute. There must be a clear and present danger that is brought on by speech for it to be prohibited. Criticizing (i.e. petitioning) the government and even calling for its future overthrow (as long as there is no accompanying action) are protected forms of speech.

Calling the president an idiot is fair game, whether the president is named Clinton, Bush, or Obama. Calling his policies stupid is also fair game. Saying that a war was launched for political reasons and should be supported is fair game whether that war is in Kosuvo or Iraq. For all the wounded comments of those believing that George Bush was abused, he was never treated as poorly and viciously as Clinton despite the fact that Bush did more damage to the fabric of our laws than Clinton ever did.

Each of us is understandably more charitable in our views of those with whom we agree than with those with whom we disagree. As we address our differences as a nation we have a fundamental choice: civil discourse and compromise, or civil war. We tried civil war once and we are still fighting its ghosts almost 150 years later. Personally I hope that the majority of the public rejects that road again and rejects the stupidity of the Rush Limbaugh's along with it. But it's all free speech, whether you or I like it or not.

By the way, I have never attacked our nation. I have heavily criticized policies that I believe violate the most fundamental freedoms fought for by our ancestors even when the President and his men have been the proponents of those violations.
    Last edited by YardleyLabs; 01-22-2009 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dixidawg View Post
    So you like the 1st amendment, but have no problem with ignoring the 2nd amendment?
    Both are important, but if I had to pick, the 1st amendment wins.

From me:

I love the constitution. I particularly love all the amendments. I donít believe it is a living document like those on the left. I think it is pretty good as is. I think the amendment process is about as living as it needs to be. That said, I am pretty happy with this interpretation of the first amendment by Associate Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes:Ē[/COLOR]
    It's impractical for the constitution to be "pretty good as it is." If we had followed that point of view (and oh it was a conservative point of view), we would not have the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments.

I guess Thomas Jefferson was a liberal . . . "I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors."

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    I agree that the tone of the comparisons is worlds apart as is the economic climate of January 05 compared to now. Yet nowhere did you see the fawning media suggest that perhaps a scaled down celebration would be more appropriate during the economic crisis we're now in.

However in none of the estimates has there been any mention of the cost of giving all those federal workers a holiday for the coronation, either. That alone had to add considerably to the cost of the BHO festivities. Not to mention the filth that had to be cleaned up; haven't seen that estimate anywhere.
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

From me:
    I love the constitution. I particularly love all the amendments. I donít believe it is a living document like those on the left. I think it is pretty good as is. I think the amendment process is about as living as it needs to be.
    I don't love all the amendments, the 18th amendment stunk. And I'll bet a six-pack you don't loved both the 18 and 21 amendments. The others amendments get an A+. The Constitution has it's flaws, such as the compromise on slavery which the country fought a civil war over less than hundred years later and the electoral college we could do without. Good but flawed.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

It's impractical for the constitution to be "pretty good as it is." If we had followed that point of view (and oh it was a conservative point of view), we would not have the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments...
    What part of
    I think the amendment process is about as living as it needs to be.
    didnt you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by backpasture View Post
    LMAO....this picture is perfect, given all the human excrement and African flying toilets remaining to be cleaned up after the coronation festivities. (The things you learn the MSM won't tell you when you live in or near the nation's capitol!) I imagine the sentiments in the photo above will be depicted a lot every time the new admin. holds a celebration of any size. Thank you for posting this backpasture!

Both are important, but if I had to pick, the 1st amendment wins.

You don't get to pick. You either believe in the constitution or not. If not, there is an amendment process to change it.