The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: What media bias???

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    A TV anchor (Brian Williams) bowing to obama...

I guess the media has gone from bias to I don't know what. Is it adulation? Is it a king-subject relationship?

It is pretty amazing when one thinks about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLYtHHxTTmc
    That is ridiculous! The only time any American should bow is when they are bowing to God!
    “Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.” ~ Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by honker88 View Post
    That is ridiculous! The only time any American should bow is when they are bowing to God!
    Yeah, well, the "State Run Media" thinks the Obama is God!!

I defy anyone but the most far left radicals to tell me eye to eye this is what they want for America!!

I feel bad for a couple off lefty's here because they seem relatively intelligent.
    Yet the are in the position of defending this KLOWN and his circus!!

just sayin'
    Stan b & Elvis

Never in my lifetime can I recall seeing such disgusting fawning and pandering to a President as the mainstream media gives this one, along with such a blind willingness to overlook his faults and not delve deeper into the things in his past he's covered up and kept hidden. Such as the transcripts of his grades, who paid for his college, etc. I didn't see the Brian Williams special last night but bits and pieces of it were on this morning's news

Such a piece belongs on Oprah or the Oxygen channel or some other dumbed down show made to appeal to the lowest common denominator. To air this on prime time says a lot about what a nation of MORONs we've become. In the one snippet I saw on the news this a.m., Obongo was STILL reading off a teleprompter! I can't believe I ever thought the man was a good speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Is the reason this newspaper is on the verge of failure because of left wing bias, essentially only serving half the population, or is it a matter of the full array of information choices (internet, podcast, radio, newspapers, television, etc.) that the consumer has available?

What do you think?

http://www.businessinsider.com/new-york-times-stock-now-costs-less-than-sunday-paper-2009-2

Starch, the company that surveys newsprint consumption divides readership into three categories; heavy, moderate and light readers. Heavy users are now below 15% and of that 15%, 93% are over 60 years of age! I don't know of any big advertising spenders that target the over 60.

Adding to thier problems are the increasing cost of everything from cost of paper to labor and so it isn't any wonder why they are going belly up all across the globe.

Newspaper's attempt to stay afloat is by promoting their on-line paper. Problem is that they already have a lot of competition from various websites for local content and news. The printed daily paper will be a thing of the past over the next 5-10 years.
    Last edited by Franco; 06-04-2009 at 09:30 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Yeah, well, the "State Run Media" thinks the Obama is God!!

I defy anyone but the most far left radicals to tell me eye to eye this is what they want for America!!

I feel bad for a couple off lefty's here because they seem relatively intelligent.
    Yet the are in the position of defending this KLOWN and his circus!!

just sayin'
    He is the "Messiah", right?
    “Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.” ~ Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    In the one snippet I saw on the news this a.m., Obongo was STILL reading off a teleprompter! I can't believe I ever thought the man was a good speaker.
    You know, I never understood why anybody thought he was a good speaker. I just think about all the crap Bush got about being a poor speaker. Obama is write up there, probably worse because he can't speak without the telepromter.

I guess when he was referred to as such a mesmerizing speaker early in his campaigning I was willing to believe there was some reason he was able to garner support. As I remember thinking since I disliked his politics and platform and rarely watched him except unavoidable snippets on the news he must've given a few stirring speeches that I missed'

On an unrelated note, reading the older posts on this thread reminded me backpasture has been in hiding for awhile. I'm surprised he didn't come out of lurkdom to help Jeff champion King Shabazz.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post

On an unrelated note, reading the older posts on this thread reminded me backpasture has been in hiding for awhile. I'm surprised he didn't come out of lurkdom to help Jeff champion King Shabazz.
    I believe that it was Backpasture that was banned several months ago.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Here is an article that sort of speaks to bias. It actuall illustrates that the media doesn't call him on this.

This article example is about the administrations use of the term jobs "saved or created."

A worthwhile read:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124451592762396883.html
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Here is a pretty good article that illustrates the blanket and reflexive bias of the MSM and democrats as well

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2009/06/15/left_cries_racist_in_crowded_country_96999.html

subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.