The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 80

Thread: What media bias???

  1. #11
    Senior Member backpasture's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The Green Mountain State
    Posts
    417

    Default

    And those headlines are from what sources?

    The answer: None. They are made up.

    This is, like most of the garbage UB posts, from an email that has been circulating, which has no basis in fact.
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Green Mountain, Co
    Posts
    2,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hester View Post
    The cononation of King Obama is underway.
    Well given that, the court jester must be in Texas.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by backpasture View Post
    And those headlines are from what sources?

    The answer: None. They are made up.

    This is, like most of the garbage UB posts, from an email that has been circulating, which has no basis in fact.

    And what's so hilarious is how you guppy up. Fact is, they are so truthful it even made you pull out one of the swords you had fallen on, and acknowledge that truth.

    It's always reassuring to witness the views of an Obama voter....childish and ignorant. But hey!!...you and your ilk are in charge. It just makes me curious why you aren't happier about it?

    UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Green Mountain, Co
    Posts
    2,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    And what's so hilarious is how you guppy up. Fact is, they are so truthful it even made you pull out one of the swords you had fallen on, and acknowledge that truth.

    It's always reassuring to witness the views of an Obama voter....childish and ignorant. But hey!!...you and your ilk are in charge. It just makes me curious why you aren't happier about it?

    UB
    Just rhetoric and name calling. You still haven't provided any info to the validity of what you posted.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post
    Just rhetoric and name calling. You still haven't provided any info to the validity of what you posted.
    So you are in the tank as well? You doubt what was stated? You fall on the sword for the Main Street Press also? If you can't recall what was being headlined when W was inaugurated 4 years ago, I can understand now why you are lost on the hiway.

    I'll provide the validity when you and your Obama lovers show me a valid birth certificate. At this point he is an illigitimate POTUS. Find the proof that he isn't.

    UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  6. #16
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    And what's so hilarious is how you guppy up. Fact is, they are so truthful it even made you pull out one of the swords you had fallen on, and acknowledge that truth.

    It's always reassuring to witness the views of an Obama voter....childish and ignorant. But hey!!...you and your ilk are in charge. It just makes me curious why you aren't happier about it?

    UB
    Unlike some, I generally try to research the facts behind opinion pieces I read because of the high likelihood that those selling a position (liberal, conservative, or otherwise) are willing to shade the facts to fit their stories. After a fair amount of searching, I couldn't find any factual basis for your post on this thread.

    For now, I suspect that it's a lie fabricated maliciously to support a questionable thesis. That makes it consistent with most of the email drivel that gets pasted into threads under hysterical headlines. Your response appears to indicate that it doesn't matter if it's true or not because it makes your point. It seems that there is a fine line between throwing mud and being mud that may have been crossed.

    My own impression is that most media are biased. In addition, some are dishonest, which is a completely different thing. The later in the evening a show comes on, the less likely it is to care about the facts behind its reports. With concentration of ownership and cutbacks in news staffing, truth is the biggest victim because few outlets have the resources to investigate truth. Instead, under pressure from the least honest and most opinionated, they substitute an illusion of "balance" for factual analysis. The theory is that as long as there is dispute there can't be any definitive facts and all opinions should therefore be reported with equal merit. This is absurd but fits well for those who view facts as being largely irrelevant in the wars of ideology. Absent references that support its allegations, the email you posted seems to fit nicely in this mold.

    And, by the way, a valid birth certificate has been produced repeatedly -- most recently to the Supreme Court. Those who continue to shout this kind of claim have no credibility at all.

  7. #17
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,536

    Default

    From another thread;

    Actually, I'm more concerned for the right.

    "Whatever he spend on this party, it commemorates the darkes tday in america since Pearl Pearl Harobur and 811 combinded." Bob G.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    I'll provide the validity when you and your Obama lovers show me a valid birth certificate. At this point he is an illigitimate POTUS. Find the proof that he isn't.UB
    My concern grows,

    JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  8. #18
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Another flowery post by no less than the ultimate photog. I'd forgotten you were part of the pavarattzi that has ordained the POTUS. I'm sure he will live up to every expectation you have.

    BUT WHY THE HELL ARE YOU ALL SO GLUM???? We've just begun with your takeover and season to celebrate. But you are all so defensive. Just think of the 8 years of bashing you gave the POTUS that is leaving office. You read my small post on a "DOGGY BB", and you are into name calling, garbage slinging, and all sorts of getting yer panties in a bunch. Then if I reciprocate, you jump on me and call foul.

    Holy moly...if y'all are gonna be so thin skinned, you'll all be so apoplectic I won't even be able to begin any bashing to remotely offset what you have been doing so well during the past 8 years.

    And BTW, If it has been placed in the Supreme Court, show me where it can be seen. Those that have offer no proof have no credibility at all.

    But I will say, it's good to see a vibrant contingent of liberals and socialists on this BB. Wouldn't want it any other way. Shoot, I couldn't hold a candle to HEW in an arguement OR even a discussion. And Bob and Cory, and Mr. Amiable are just too...well amiable.

    And Marvin and Dan are so erudite, as are so many of the 'conservative' views posted on this BB, I need some of you lefties around, or my posts would never get to be any fun. After all, we can only sling so many arrows at MG. Besides, the last I looked, he was a far cry from being liberal anyway....He and Art are just in it for the GDG.

    FWIW, that's what this forum is mainly comprised of, so where's the beef? If you think I gotta provide undisputable proof for every piece of GobbleDyGook that I post, get a life. But do stay skeptical, because the fun has just begun. Enjoy the journey.

    UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    From another thread;

    Actually, I'm more concerned for the right.

    "Whatever he spend on this party, it commemorates the darkes tday in america since Pearl Pearl Harobur and 811 combinded." Bob G.



    My concern grows,

    JD

    Gosh Hugh, I was concerned after your Governor withdrew from that cabinet appointment. It was hardly worth voting democrat now. Too bad. Will he need a pardon soon?

    UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  10. #20
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Another flowery post by no less than the ultimate photog. I'd forgotten you were part of the pavarattzi that has ordained the POTUS. I'm sure he will live up to every expectation you have.

    BUT WHY THE HELL ARE YOU ALL SO GLUM???? We've just begun with your takeover and season to celebrate. But you are all so defensive. Just think of the 8 years of bashing you gave the POTUS that is leaving office. You read my small post on a "DOGGY BB", and you are into name calling, garbage slinging, and all sorts of getting yer panties in a bunch. Then if I reciprocate, you jump on me and call foul.

    Holy moly...if y'all are gonna be so thin skinned, you'll all be so apoplectic I won't even be able to begin any bashing to remotely offset what you have been doing so well during the past 8 years.

    And BTW, If it has been placed in the Supreme Court, show me where it can be seen. Those that have offer no proof have no credibility at all.

    But I will say, it's good to see a vibrant contingent of liberals and socialists on this BB. Wouldn't want it any other way. Shoot, I couldn't hold a candle to HEW in an arguement OR even a discussion. And Bob and Cory, and Mr. Amiable are just too...well amiable.

    And Marvin and Dan are so erudite, as are so many of the 'conservative' views posted on this BB, I need some of you lefties around, or my posts would never get to be any fun. After all, we can only sling so many arrows at MG. Besides, the last I looked, he was a far cry from being liberal anyway....He and Art are just in it for the GDG.

    FWIW, that's what this forum is mainly comprised of, so where's the beef? If you think I gotta provide undisputable proof for every piece of GobbleDyGook that I post, get a life. But do stay skeptical, because the fun has just begun. Enjoy the journey.

    UB
    For what it's worth, I voted against Bush in 2000 and questioned the legitimacy of his "election". However, at the time of his inauguration I hoped sincerely that he would be successful for the sake of our country and our world. I am sad about the fact, as I see it, that his presidency was disastrous for all just as I was sad abut Carter's failure even though I voted for him. I voted for Gore in 2000 and Kerry in 2004 but was not enamored of either. I also voted for Obama and hope, for the sake of us all, that he is successful. However, I am far from worshiping him in any way. I believe he should be watched with vigilance the same as any other president. Can I assume from your words that you personally worship Bush or McCain?

    One of Obama's comments tonight, as during the campaign, is that "as Americans, what holds us together is more important than what drives us apart." I think that this sentiment, more than any other, explains why he was elected by the majority of the American electorate. By contrast, many conservatives seem to have adopted the notion that it is better to be "right" (pun intended) than it is to survive as a people and nation. These are the people who believe that McCain lost because he wasn't conservative enough. In the forthcoming struggle for control of the Republican party, I hope these true believers are evicted since they will destroy the party and give too much power to the Democrats. I don't think that type of imbalance will help our nation in the future any more than Bush's abuse of power helped in the past.

Similar Threads

  1. Media Bias
    By mjh345 in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-14-2009, 07:14 PM
  2. example of media bias at the NY Times
    By subroc in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-11-2009, 12:48 AM
  3. Missed this in the Media,
    By road kill in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 11:48 AM
  4. Media Bias??
    By road kill in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 03:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •