The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What media bias???

Amen on that! Most of our problems reside (maybe always have) with the performance of too many of our representatives and senators--and with WE who vote them into office, term after term. I am a moderate conservative who hopes Pres. Obama and his team do a great job, for the sake of our great country. Now if only our congressional folks would work responsibly to do theirs, starting with NO pork barrel project add-ons to spending bills and with NO financial allegiances to lobbyists.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    This is the kind of reporting that shows why you have to be skeptical of anything you read and to look a little deeper I am not sure what it is with reporters whether their just to lazy to look up all the facts or just want to intentionally mislead us.

Just two things I would like to point out about these articles. First only the request for 75 million dollars from the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia for security and transportation costs was the only hard fact for which you could figure out what the cost of this will be. Using the phrase "could approach..........." is misleading and ambiguous. It could approach anything. Let the indignation begin when the true cost of the Inauguration is known
    Secondly and more important the cost of the two Inaugurations is incomplete. It is a comparison of apples and oranges. What the headlines have left out and which is inexcusable (Unless of course you have a political agenda) is that they left out the Security cost for Presidents Bush's Inauguration. A report in the NY Times stated that the District of Columbia spent 115.5 million on Security, clean up and Holiday pay for that Inauguration.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/06/us.../06donors.html

Liberal media bias? I don't think so even the super Liberal MSNBC was reporting this same figure. Bad reporting? You decide
    Makes me feel nasty all over to agree with anything cotts has to say, however, he is correct that the 42 million did not include security. The BO inauguration costs will not be known in total for months, though likely to exceed the Bush Bash probably not by all that much. Poor reporting.

The reporting bias however can still be argued: Who can forget the Will Lester (AP) commentary on how many armored Humvees could be purchased, the vaccinations and health care for 22 million children or the down payment on the national debt that the 42 million would have covered. Anthony Weiner (NY-D Representitive) stated that the Bush inauguration costs were excessive and recommended a Roosevelt style ball. There are others (research...I'm not going to take anymore of my time...I need a thorough shower ). The tone of the reporting on expenditures 2005 and today would appear worlds apart.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Gosh Hugh, I was concerned after your Governor withdrew from that cabinet appointment. It was hardly worth voting democrat now. Too bad. Will he need a pardon soon?

UB
    Well Bill, just calm down now. I'm sure Tom D.'s appointment to H&HS won't be a blot on SD. Least I hope not.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

We need to get real here
    No one here has ever brought forth proof of anything
    Until I see an entire bill with one item and one a signature on it I won't believe it. I bill with 200 items on it means nothing ,,,weather one votes for or against it you will never no where they stand. Its all tota Horse manure. Links to news papers and other forms of media do not impress me. They are all a bunch of 2 faced pieces of garbage. who the hell would stake their life on any of it.
    Almost everything here is spin. We are all cheif peroetters.

OMG I am so emotional on the histerical day. Finally a president that represents me,,,,finally change ,,,the world will finally see how much we love them,,,and ,they will love us back,,,,,, hang on my finger is stuck in the back of my throat.

Pete

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    ...One of Obama's comments tonight, as during the campaign, is that "as Americans, what holds us together is more important than what drives us apart."....
    Who could argue. What holds us together is more important. But, what drives us apart are valid differences and does exist. There are differences and hopefully the bond that holds us together continues to be more important. I questioned it during the last 8 years with the relentless attacks on our nation by our citizens often these attacks would occur on foreign soil. Those on the left used those differences effectively to thoroughly vilify the outgoing president. Why should these differences be ignored? Why would you stand on the side of the bond between us now when you stood on the side of the differences during the last 8 years.

In life, there really is a difference of whether you are buying of selling.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    ...By contrast, many conservatives seem to have adopted the notion that it is better to be "right" (pun intended) than it is to survive as a people and nation...

I believe the left took this nation to the brink with their constant attacks on their nation for the last 8 years. So much so that they had the nations enemies regurgitating their talking points. An effective look in the mirror is always a good habit to get into.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post

I believe the left took this nation to the brink with their constant attacks on their nation for the last 8 years.
    Don't agree there. Along with 78% of the population I feel it was 8 years of bad policies. His approval rating is the lowest except for Nixon's.
    Last edited by Losthwy; 01-21-2009 at 10:47 AM.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

Fox News is the only metwork to cover former President George W. Bushs' homecoming speech.

I don't know what this means but I expect it belongs in this media bias thread!

What do you think?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/show...among-net.html
    Last edited by subroc; 01-21-2009 at 08:22 PM.

Wasn't his still higher than the Congress? What does that say about Congress?

Quote Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post
    Don't agree there. Along with 78% of the population I feel it was 8 years of bad policies. His approval rating is the lowest except for Nixon's.

Fox News is the only metwork to cover former President George W. Bushs' homecoming speech.

I don't know what this means but I expect it belongs in this media bias thread!

What do you think?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/show...among-net.html
    I actually watched it on CNN.

I believe the left took this nation to the brink with their constant attacks on their nation for the last 8 years. So much so that they had the nations enemies regurgitating their talking points.
    This is ridiculous. If our country is so fragile that dissention poses a threat to our way of life, we've got huge issues. Are you advocating doing away with the first amendment so that people have no freedom of speech? Isn't stifling dissention more of a threat than the dissention itself?