The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Military mindset

Senior Member Last Frontier Labs's Avatar

Default Military mindset

As a former member of the military with a spouse who continues to serve in the military, we have adopted the military response to this president as we have to past Presidents. He may not be who we voted for, but he is our President and Commander In Chief and we will now support him.
    I sincerely pray that he will lead the country out of the economic turmoil that we are in...
    God Bless the new President and God Bless the USA.
    Sherri Young

"It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Amen to a respectful and well said post. It is people like you that make me proud to be an American.

Well said and appreciated

Tim

Great!
    Maybe now we can all start rowing together to keep this ship (USA) afloat.

We may be more successful as a nation if we forget about individual interests and focus on the big picture.

The ecomomy, peace and stewardship of our planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Frontier Labs View Post
    Very true.
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

This is probably the best thread posted on POTUS so far.

Thanks for the initial post.

I too am a military veteran and served in good times and bad times. I remain proud of my service and those who serve today. The article below though is disturbing. The 48 heroes in attendence gave more than most will ever know, understand or appreicate. They were snubbed by our Commander in Chief. For comparison, in 2005 this was the first ball President and Mrs. Bush attended. Our servicemen and servicewomen will salute and continue the mission, their dedication to our Nation is unwaivering. I hope President Obama learns to appreciate such loyal service. His first chance to show it by honoring undisputed heroes however does not look good.

The Cleveland Leader
    January 21, 2009

Obama Snubs Nation's Heroes, Becomes the First President to Skip Ball Honoring Medal of Honor Recipients in Over 50 Years

Submitted by Julie on January 21, 2009 - 10:13pm. Elections Elections 2008 News Politics U.S. Government U.S. Politics World Politics

Barack Obama may have stumbled over his words briefly during his inauguration, but he made an even bigger blunder later Tuesday evening. The newly sworn-in President opted not to appear at what should have been one of the most important Balls on his agenda that evening - The Salute to Heroes Inaugural Ball.

The Salute to Heroes Inaugural Ball was begun in 1953 for President Dwight Eisenhower's inauguration. The event recognized recipients of the Medal of Honor, the nation's highest military award. There were 48 Medal of Honor recipients in attendance, who were undoubtedly disappointed by the Commander-in-Chief's failure to show. Over the past 56 years and 14 inaugurations, no President has skipped this event - until now.

The Salute to Heroes Inaugural Ball is sponsored by the American Legion, and co-sponsored by 13 other veteran's service organizations, including those such as the Paralyzed Veterans of America and the Military Order of the Purple Heart.

Instead of attending this ball honoring our nation's heroes, Obama was busy making stops at 10 other official balls. Obama and his wife's first stop was at the Neighborhood Ball. From there they went to the Home State Ball for Illinois and Hawaii, the Commander-in-Chief Ball, the Youth Inaugural Ball, and the Home State Ball for Delaware and Pennsylvania. They finished off the night with brief appearances at the Mid-Atlantic, Western, Midwest, Eastern, and Southern regional Balls.

Celebrities were a plenty at the balls, with Stevie Wonder, Shakira, Mary. J. Blige, Faith Hill, Jay-Z, Alicia Keys, Adam Levine, will.i.am, Sting, Mariah Carey, and Leonardo DiCaprio in attendance at the Neighborhood Ball. In addition, the other nine balls also featured a star-studded lineup including Kanye West and Kid Rock at the Youth Ball, Marc Anthony at the Western Ball, and Cheryl Crow at the Western Ball.

It was the party without all of the celebrities that Obama skipped. The very people who he sought to have support him during his candidacy and campaign, who have fought to protect this country, were snubbed in favor of publicity and the opportunity to rub shoulders - yet again - with the out-of-touch Hollywood elite.
    http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/8627

Windy Creek, this is no big surprise to me. It wouldn't surprise me if Obama guts the military before it's over.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Last Frontier Labs View Post
    As a former member of the military with a spouse who continues to serve in the military, we have adopted the military response to this president as we have to past Presidents. He may not be who we voted for, but he is our President and Commander In Chief and we will now support him.
    I sincerely pray that he will lead the country out of the economic turmoil that we are in...
    Well said!
    Carrie Carlson

Carlsons Harley Davidson CGC "Harley"
    and the corginess...
    Ebonwald's Blazing A Trail "Scout" RIP good buddy...
    UKC CH Ebonwald’s Debts Of The Heart "Daphne” (AKC major pointed)