The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: "Quit Listening to Rush!" shrieks BHO."I won, I will trump you on that!"

You do realize that the Mesiah's approval rating dropped 15 points in the last couple of day's........

I bet MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC, and CBS will be reporting on this any minute.....

Good lord ..... are the next 4 years gunna be fun !!!!!

Chad

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    "Poll shows high approval for Obama Posted: 04:14 PM ET
    WASHINGTON (CNN) — More than two-thirds of Americans appear to approve of President Obama’s job performance during his initial days in the White House — an approval rating that significantly exceeds the early poll numbers of his two immediate predecessors.
    The new survey by Gallup — the first conducted entirely after Obama took the oath of office Tuesday — found 68 percent of Americans approve of how the new president is handling the job.
    Meanwhile, only 12 percent of Americans disapprove of Obama’s job performance so far.
    It’s not unusual for new presidents to enter the White House with a high approval rating, but Obama’s is markedly higher than the initial approval numbers for both Bill Clinton and George W. Bush."

When Bush took office he launched an aggressive campaign to deliver on his campaign promise for tax cuts, shutting out any democratic participation in the formulation of the plan and effectively challenging Dems to oppose the plan so that this could be used in future campaigns. In 2004, when he actually managed to win the support of a majority of the electorate, he commented that he had political capital to spend and he intended to use it.

By contrast, Obama has reached out to Republicans in an unusual effort to obtain bi-partisan support despite the fact that he has the votes in Congress to get his way on most issues. In the course of the meeting one congressman complained that Obama's proposals focused too much on benefits for lower income families and contraceptives (not sure how that got into the discussion). Obama, who had campaigned on just that type of proposal pointed out that the election was over and he had won.

Following the meeting, Congressional Republicans were generally reported to have welcomed the effort to involve them in the development of the program and Mitch McConnell indicated that he believed a stimulus plan could be finalized by mid-February as requested by Obama even though there would continue to be areas of disagreement about the size and structure of the program.

"Republican leaders said they are pleased by the tone of the meeting and the willingness of Obama and the Democrats to listen to their ideas.

"I do think we'll be able to meet the president's deadline," Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky said after the meeting." (Bloomberg News)

Most papers reported this as the story. However, the News Corp/Fox outlets focused on a story about the president mocking the Republicans and gloating over his victory. Media bias anyone?

As to being the "laughingstock of the world", we have been that ever since GWB rose to the Presidency. I suspect that the world will continue to worry about us as long as our economy is in the tank and our foreign policies continue to threaten their existence. Obama is viewed as an improvement simply because he's not George. However, that sheen will wear off quickly unless accompanied by some concrete changes.

I'm a conservative, haven't listened to Rush since before GWB was elected in 2000. I am offended that BHO would tell others we shouldn't listen to another viewpoint.

Of course BHO's approval ratings have gone down 15 points! The kind of things they expect from him can't come from one human being. I haven't heard so much worshiping of one person in a long time. Those who voted for him probably expected world peace already. Guess they'll be disappointed when he proves to be the U.S. President and not the second coming.
    I reside on the left coast, but my ideals are right wing.
    LQP CN Double Hunter, SH (09/12/1996-12/22/2010)
    Waterstrike's Dynamic Amazon, MH (10/18/2000-09/08/2011)

did you guys/gals hear this phone call.

this really cracks me up. This is what the liberal media and the Messiah created.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KZPgJn3EG4

From another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by backpasture View Post
    Rush, Hannity and company are becoming the boys who cried wolf -- which is why they are becoming increasingly irrelevant.
    Then there's no need for Pelosi's pet "Fairness Doctrine"...right? Seems Rush's ratings are at an all time high.

I'm sure that's why Obama said what he did.

Disclaimer: I don't listen to Rush

B H Obamo may be just what Rush needs to revitalize his ratings...
    Rush Limbaugh Responds to Obama Attack

Rush Limbaugh has responded sharply to President Barack Obama’s comment about the radio talk show host, calling Obama’s economic stimulus plan "a trillion-dollar debacle."

At a meeting with Republican leaders on Friday, Obama told the lawmakers they shouldn’t be listening to Limbaugh if they plan on getting along with him.

"You can't just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done," he told the GOP leaders during a discussion about his planned stimulus package.

Limbaugh fired back in an e-mail to the Palm Beach Post’s “Page 2 Live” columnist Jose Lambiet, saying Obama is trying to shift the focus of the public debate from the stimulus plan to the radio talker.

Limbaugh, who has referred to Obama’s inauguration as "The Immaculate Inauguration," mockingly called the new president "The Great Unifier."

"If I can be made to serve as a distraction, then there is that much less time debating the merits of the trillion-dollar debacle," Rush wrote.

"The Great Unifier’s plan is to isolate elected Republicans from their voters and supporters by making the argument about me and not about his plan. He is hoping that these Republicans will also publicly denounce me and thus marginalize me."

Limbaugh continued in his e-mail to Lambiet: "I believe his stimulus is aimed at re-establishing 'eternal' power for the Democrat Party rather than stimulating the economy, because anyone with a brain knows this is NOT how you stimulate the economy.

"Obama’s plan would buy votes for the Democrat Party, in the same way FDR’s New Deal established majority power for 50 years of Democrat rule, and it would simultaneously damage any hope of future tax cuts."

Obama's $825 billion stimulus bill is set for debate in Congress this week. [See the full story about Limbaugh’s e-mail in the Palm Beach Post — Click
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post
    Limbaugh continued in his e-mail to Lambiet: "I believe his stimulus is aimed at re-establishing 'eternal' power for the Democrat Party rather than stimulating the economy, because anyone with a brain knows this is NOT how you stimulate the economy.
    There goes Rush again, implying that he has a brain. I think he gives himself too much credit.

I for one hope that every conservative continues to listen to Rush AND Hannity.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Mega dittos to that! They are almost as entertaining as the high level discussions on these boards.
    Just what is BHO going to do on day 8? I can't wait to see. Buzz, have you noticed that there has been more criticism of his first 8 days from those on the "right" here than there was during 8 years of the W administration? Funny how that works.

Please keep it coming folks. Now, I don't have to tune into the radio for my periodic dose of right wing logic and reasoning.
    Last edited by Henry V; 01-27-2009 at 04:06 PM. Reason: word change forgot it was "mega" not "major" regarding "dittos"

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    There goes Rush again, implying that he has a brain. I think he gives himself too much credit.

He does have a brain.....a brain on drugs. He's an entertainer, thats all.

I agree with duk4me, Rush is an entertainer, a fat, pill popping entertainer formally of ESPN, but a entertainer none the less. Two days after the election Rush was calling it the "Obama Recession". And another pearl of his wisdom, "bipartinship is gutless". Funny guy that fat pill popping entertainer formally of ESPN.
    Last edited by Losthwy; 01-27-2009 at 11:37 PM.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    I will continue to spend time listening to Rush and Bill and Sean, hoping to learn enough to be able to help vote america out of the morass that the nattering nabobs of negativity have lead and are leading us into without a map or battle plan RESIT!
    well bob, ya said it all right here;

from bob on another thread;

"Whatever he spend on this party, it commemorates the darkes tday in america since Pearl Pearl Harobur and 811 combinded." Bob G.

and BTW bob, RESIT!, is what you utter when your dog breaks once again, just before the judges tell you to "pick 'em up".

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift