The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: "Quit Listening to Rush!" shrieks BHO."I won, I will trump you on that!"

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    well bob, ya said it all right here;

from bob on another thread;

"Whatever he spend on this party, it commemorates the darkes tday in america since Pearl Pearl Harobur and 811 combinded." Bob G.

and BTW bob, RESIT!, is what you utter when your dog breaks once again, just before the judges tell you to "pick 'em up".

JD
    I always find it funny that spelling and grammar on a web type forum is the measure of one's performance. I wish I remember the last guy that was so impressed with himself and called someone out about spelling misspelled himself while doing so trying to make a point.

Maybe at the next swearing in they should use cue cards or a teleprompter.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    We are the laughingstock of the world to elect such a man to run our country.
    What world are you talking about? It's pretty clear that Obama has MUCH higher level of support globally than Bush did.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    I sincerely hoped things would improve on the new president's watch, he did win the election and does deserve a chance however his childish rants and tantrums only a few days into his administration don't inspire much confidence.
    'Shrill'? 'Rants'? 'Tantrums'? Hyperbolize much?

The supposed quote was "You can't just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done." And knowing his fiery temperament, I'm sure he was bellowing it at the top of his lungs. Quite a 'tantrum'.

/Somehow I doubt you had much 'confidence' in him or his policies to begin with, but it is refreshing to hear that you think he 'does deserve a chance'. I'm sure you're earnest when you say that.
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by toddh View Post
    Then there's no need for Pelosi's pet "Fairness Doctrine"...right? Seems Rush's ratings are at an all time high.

I'm sure that's why Obama said what he did.
    Not only is there no need for the 'Fairness Doctrine', there is also virtually no support for it. It is laughable that the right wing-nuts keep going on and on about it, given that there is little chance it will even be discussed by Congress, let alone enacted.

Gotta be OUTRAGED! about something, though, I guess.
    What's the Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by backpasture View Post
    Not only is there no need for the 'Fairness Doctrine', there is also virtually no support for it. It is laughable that the right wing-nuts keep going on and on about it, given that there is little chance it will even be discussed by Congress, let alone enacted.

Gotta be OUTRAGED! about something, though, I guess.

The outrage is that liberals vote and support morons that they obviously know nothing about.

From the liberals favorite source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairness_Doctrine

Reinstatement considered

[edit] Support

Some Democratic legislators have expressed interest in reinstituting the Fairness Doctrine,[18] although no one has introduced legislation to do so since 2005.
    In June 2007, Senator Richard Durbin (Democrat of Illinois) said, "It’s time to reinstitute the Fairness Doctrine,” [19] an opinion shared by his Democratic colleague, Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts.[20] However, according to Marin Cogan of The New Republic in late 2008, "Senator Durbin's press secretary says that Durbin has 'no plans, no language, no nothing. He was asked in a hallway last year, he gave his personal view'—that the American people were served well under the doctrine—'and it's all been blown out of proportion.' " [21]
    On June 24, 2008, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (who represents most of San Francisco, California) told reporters that her fellow Democratic representatives did not want to forbid reintroduction of the Fairness Doctrine, adding “the interest in my caucus is the reverse.” When asked by John Gizzi of Human Events, “Do you personally support revival of the ‘Fairness Doctrine?’”, the Speaker replied "Yes." [22]
    On October 22, 2008, Senator Jeff Bingaman, Democrat of New Mexico, told a conservative talk radio host in Albuquerque, New Mexico, "I would want this station and all stations to have to present a balanced perspective and different points of view," and "All I’m saying is that for many, many years we operated under a Fairness Doctrine in this country, and I think the country was well-served. I think the public discussion was at a higher level and more intelligent in those days than it has become since." [23]

Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    The outrage is that liberals vote and support morons that they obviously know nothing about.
    You're grasping at straws (and strawmen). There is zero chance that the Fairness Doctrine is going anywhere. Can you find a few Reps to support it? Yes. You can find reps who will support just about any nutty idea in the hyperpartisan House. But, at best any discussion of it will die in committee. And, the Senate's not going to touch it.

Much ado about nothing.
    Last edited by backpasture; 01-28-2009 at 05:15 PM.
    What's the Plan?

You're grasping at straws (and strawmen). There is zero chance that the Fairness Doctrine is going anywhere. Can you find a few Reps to support it? Yes. You can find reps who will support just about any nutty idea in the hyperpartisan House. But, at best any discussion of it will die in committee. And, the Senate's not going to touch it.

Much ado about nothing.

Those are the LEADERS of your party, not the Ron Paul/Bernie Sanders types.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    Those are the LEADERS of your party, not the Ron Paul/Bernie Sanders types.
    1) It's not MY party. I've never been a member of the Democratic party.
    2) The Leaders of the the Democratic Congressional delegations are Pelosi and Reid. Tim Kaine is actually the Chair of the Party. Most would acknowledge Obama as the de facto Leader of the party. You got one right, though (Pelosi) , which is better than your usual average.
    3) As I said before, there isn't any legislation that is coming forth on this. That is the reality, regardless of what Pelosi's position is. (And Pelosi definitely fits the 'hyperpartisan' description.)

The only legislation that has been introduced related to the Fairness Doctrine in the past few years has been introduced by Republicans (in order to 'pre-empt' the legislation that is supposedly being introduced in the bizarro world they inhabit).

The obsession that right wing-nuts have with this non-issue is amusing. So is your regurgitation of the talking points that Rush is spoon-feeding you.
    What's the Plan?

Hey wasn't Rush one of those bands that we listened to in the 70's when we were doing things we shouldn't have been doing with the music wide open.

Somehow I get confused these days. Just wondering.

Originally Posted by JDogger
    well bob, ya said it all right here;

from bob on another thread;

"Whatever he spend on this party, it commemorates the darkes tday in america since Pearl Pearl Harobur and 811 combinded." Bob G.

and BTW bob, RESIT!, is what you utter when your dog breaks once again, just before the judges tell you to "pick 'em up".

JD

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    I always find it funny that spelling and grammar on a web type forum is the measure of one's performance. I wish I remember the last guy that was so impressed with himself and called someone out about spelling misspelled himself while doing so trying to make a point.

Maybe at the next swearing in they should use cue cards or a teleprompter.
    Bob is quite capable of correct spelling and grammer. My jibes at him are about the things he says.

Lighten up Francis,
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

1) It's not MY party. I've never been a member of the Democratic party.
    2) The Leaders of the the Democratic Congressional delegations are Pelosi and Reid. Tim Kaine is actually the Chair of the Party. Most would acknowledge Obama as the de facto Leader of the party. You got one right, though (Pelosi) , which is better than your usual average.
    Richard Joseph "Dick" Durbin (born November 21, 1944) is the senior United States Senator from the U.S. state of Illinois and Democratic Party Whip, the second highest position in the Democratic Party leadership in the Senate.

John Forbes Kerry (born December 11, 1943) is an American politician who is currently the junior United States Senator from Massachusetts and chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.[1]
    As the Presidential nominee of the Democratic Party, .....

Its amazing how un-informed you really are yet so arrogant about it.