The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: "Quit Listening to Rush!" shrieks BHO."I won, I will trump you on that!"

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Booty:
    You are clearly looking at the world through very dirty Republican filters. There was an 8 year Republican administration during which they clearly knew we were headed for a collapse and they hoped and preyed it would not happen on their watch. Well, like everything else it blew up in their faces. Reestablishing laissez faire capitalism was far too important an ideology for them to give up. Withdrawing the regulators lead to such triumphs as contaminated food, massive fraud on government contracts, No control over para-military contractors, no accounting for billions that were lost track of by the Air Force, ad nauseum. The Wall Street debacle was just one more in a string of debacles that could have been avoided if there was an administration that was not asleep at the switch or deeply locked into ideology.

As far as a safer country, well at what cost? There is no such thing as freedom in a national security state. The state will continue to find reasons to sacrifice liberty in order to aggrandize its power. The Soviet Union was an example of a national security state run amok. I am one American that looks at alarm at direction my country has taken toward becoming another example.

I have been to Europe twice in the last year and a half--to France and Ireland. I was warmly treated by the citizens of both countries. Universally, there was a very high regards for Americans but a deep dislike of "W". I also found that to be true of people from Australia, New Zealand and South Africa I traveled with. They all were interested in all the potential US candidates, particularly in Obama.

In Ireland, we saw lots of Obama bumper stickers, but only one McCain sticker. The Irish treat politics as a national pass time and it is amazing how well informed the were of American politics. The up shot of all this --we being the laughing stock of Europe for electing Obama --NOT.
    So, what do you think of the 900 BILLION stimulus package?
    Last edited by Franco; 01-30-2009 at 05:18 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by mikeller3 View Post
    I like the rest of you, presumably, work. To keep my job I am subject to random urine tests (which I take with no debate, and pass, believe it or not). Because of this I get to keep my job, which entitles me to pay taxes. (like the rest of you I presume)

I am too a civilized human. Like many of my fellow civilized humans I wonder, why is it not a requirement for the benefactors of these programs and such to also pass a urine screening test. If I cannot take drugs to earn their pay check for them, why do they get to spend it on drugs?
    The idea of drug testing individuals on federal assistance is termed racist by those on the left. I think it is a great idea and should be implemented for the U S Congress and all State and Federal workers too.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post
    Don't really know one way or the other. We''l find out in 2-3 years if it is successful or not.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

Quote Originally Posted by dixidawg View Post
    Zeus,

What are the sources of US political info for the Europeans? Is it "fair and balanced"? Or are their main sources the estableshed MSM outlets?
    I can only speak for the English language sources as I read French at a first grade level and I know how to read the menu. Beyond that, the French mercifully, were very glad to show off their English skills to me -- once I made the effort to speak French.

This is the age of satellite and there are many news outlets covering America in Europe including CNN, Fox and BBC. Most countries also have a version of public broadcasting. Most broadcasting was rather matter of fact and did not seem to prone to "Gotcha Journalism."

Newspapers tend to carry more of a bias, but then there are a lot of them.

The only place that I saw any anti- American sentiment was in the fence murals in Belfast. There were wall murals commemorating Americans such as Frederick Douglas for instance. But, there were several expressing local contempt for "W" and "greedy Americans".
    Last edited by zeus3925; 01-30-2009 at 09:48 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Smile

The idea of drug testing individuals on federal assistance is termed racist by those on the left.
    No, the left just think drug testing is an invasion of privacy and would be as ticked off about it being compulsory in the work place or in the welfare roles, however, they might term racist those who think only racial minorities are on Federal assistance.
    power without lumber, raciness without weediness

A big man never looks down on others.... instead, he is someone to look up to.

Like a trip to the dentist or having major surgery. Something has to be done, but I sure don't like the pain. It better work or we are screwed. The bankers did not help the situation by sucking in big bonuses for ruining businesses, throwing big parties, buying jets and buying other banks. Make those SOB's sign in blood and grovel before they get another dime.

Most of all hire some overseers who can squeeze every nickel.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post
    Don't really know one way or the other. We''l find out in 2-3 years if it is successful or not.
    Interesting. You are the first Oboma supporter not to have an opinion. If I supported Obomonomics, I wouldn't have an answer either. What about all the waste, pork and lack of any real stimulus? Obomonomics or Obommorronics?
    Last edited by Franco; 01-30-2009 at 08:00 PM.

I can only speak for the English language sources as I read French at a first grade level and I know how to read the menu. Beyond that, the French mercifully, were very glad to show off their English skills to me -- once I made the effort to speak French.

This is the age of satellite and there are many news outlets covering America in Europe including CNN, Fox and BBC. Most countries also have a version of public broadcasting. Most broadcasting was rather matter of fact and did not seem to prone to "Gotcha Journalism."

Newspapers tend to carry more of a bias, but then there are a lot of them.

The only place that I saw any anti- American sentiment was in the fence murals in Belfast. There were wall murals commemorating Americans such as Frederick Douglas for instance. But, there were several expressing local contempt for "W" and "greedy Americans".

I was more wondering if it had a decidedly leftist bent to it. That alone could contribute to a lot of the European hatred of GWB.

Like a trip to the dentist or having major surgery. Something has to be done, but I sure don't like the pain. It better work or we are screwed. The bankers did not help the situation by sucking in big bonuses for ruining businesses, throwing big parties, buying jets and buying other banks. Make those SOB's sign in blood and grovel before they get another dime.

Those SOBs buying jets and throwing big parties are SPENDING the money and actually stimulating the economy. The rest of the money has gone down some black hole. Buying the luxury items is the best thing they have done with the money.

Wouldn't it be better to give people and businesses tax cuts instead of a punch of pork projects? It is estimated that with interest, this current stimulus package will run well over a TRILLION dollars. The way to stimulate is to allow businesses to expand and individuals to keep more of what they earn. The Republican plan is the plan. Your trip to the dentist is an exploratory rootcanal.
    Last edited by Franco; 01-30-2009 at 10:40 PM.