The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think about this

Default What do you think about this

Ok I just saw this in traffic today, I do not know who the person is or have anything to do with it at all. While I was out running around this afternoon I passed a car with a picture of BHO with a rifle scope crosshair on him. I find this tasteless to say the least even though I am not really a fan of BHO. Like him or not he is the POTUS and I will respect the office. What I was wondering though is this “freedom of speak/expression” or is it a threat to the president? I am wondering how long it will be before the secrete service shows up at this guys house, but what do you think about it?
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

I think the guy crossed the line. I don't like or support Obama, but certainly don't want him shot. I would be careful about what I said and certainly wouldn't put this sticker on my car. I think they have already arrested some people for threats on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg E View Post
    I think the guy crossed the line. I don't like or support Obama, but certainly don't want him shot. I would be careful about what I said and certainly wouldn't put this sticker on my car. I think they have already arrested some people for threats on the internet.
    That was my feeling too. Again I am not involved in any way, just something I saw.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

I don't really care. After the treatment of President George W. Bush by the left, nothing surprises me any more. And after all that, nothing is off limits anymore

The day Obama took office someone had a big blowup figure of GW. This was set up outside the whitehouse. For a fee you could throw sandals at it. Talk about lowclass scum. Can you imagine doing this to Obama. No, because you'd find yourself in jail for hate crimes

The day Obama took office someone had a big blowup figure of GW. This was set up outside the whitehouse. For a fee you could throw sandals at it. Talk about lowclass scum. Can you imagine doing this to Obama. No, because you'd find yourself in jail for hate crimes
    That is amazing lol i wound if the blow up doll would dodge them too.

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Ok I just saw this in traffic today, I do not know who the person is or have anything to do with it at all. While I was out running around this afternoon I passed a car with a picture of BHO with a rifle scope crosshair on him. I find this tasteless to say the least even though I am not really a fan of BHO. Like him or not he is the POTUS and I will respect the office. What I was wondering though is this “freedom of speak/expression” or is it a threat to the president? I am wondering how long it will be before the secrete service shows up at this guys house, but what do you think about it?

Both are low rent...but that is what most the people in this country have become.

I think the guy should be arrested and charged with threatening the president right after those guys are arrested for hanging the Sarah Palin effigy outside of thier house during the election.I don't think that they were if I remember right. It's stupid and in poor taste but if it's OK there why should this guy worry?

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Passed a car with a pictureNot a poster, not a bumper sticker a picture and just where was this picture affixed on said vehicle? In your imagination perhaps to start a thread.

If not your imagination poor taste if your imagination poorer taste...just wondering.

I wonder if this was the original source for the photo. It was published last May but someone may have picked it up.

Roswell paper takes heat on Obama photo

By AJC | Wednesday, May 21, 2008, 08:14 AM
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    The Roswell Beacon is taking heat over a cover photograph that shows Sen. Barack Obama in a rifle’s cross hairs.
    The photograph, published May 15, runs with an article about how law enforcement agencies were dealing with the rise in threats against Obama by white supremacist groups, some of whom are apparently based around North Fulton.
    Officials at the free weekly defend the photograph, but it’s triggered numerous complaints.
    Was the cover appropriate given the topic or too incendiary?

----------------

EDIT: The image posted in the newspaper may be seen here -- http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/02/85/86/image_7086852.jpg. I didn't post the image here since some might find it too objectionable.
    Last edited by YardleyLabs; 01-25-2009 at 09:28 PM.