The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obama wants to ban weapons in space.

I don't know about the space thing, but has anyone tried to buy ammo recently? I was in wally world today for other reasons and decided to pick up some cheap .38's for the wife to shoot at the range. Not a single box or 9mm, .38, .357, .40, .45....only pistol rounds they had were .32 (who shoots a .32) and ONE box of 44mags. Rifle was almost as bad, just a couple of boxes of .270, and three boxes of 7.65! the only round that they had any amount of was .22! I went to Bass Pro after that and it was very similar. I asked in Wally world if they were going to stop carrying ammo and he told me they just can't get any. Every time the order it comes back as back ordered
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    I don't know about the space thing, but has anyone tried to buy ammo recently? I was in wally world today for other reasons and decided to pick up some cheap .38's for the wife to shoot at the range. Not a single box or 9mm, .38, .357, .40, .45....only pistol rounds they had were .32 (who shoots a .32) and ONE box of 44mags. Rifle was almost as bad, just a couple of boxes of .270, and three boxes of 7.65! the only round that they had any amount of was .22! I went to Bass Pro after that and it was very similar. I asked in Wally world if they were going to stop carrying ammo and he told me they just can't get any. Every time the order it comes back as back ordered
    Yea i went to buy skeet the other day an i live in a small town but we do have a super wal mart an they didn't have them. An to say the least there there selection of all stuff for hunting sucked some guy told me that a lot of it had to do with the season but who knows hes a wal mart employee he might not know either an just wanted me to have an answer.

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong but here goes. My son was stationed (AF) on one of the bases that flew both the 'stealth fighter' and Predator drones. His understanding (from superiors) was the agreements that several foreign countries wanted us to sign would 'possibly' bring into question the use and future developement of the 'drone' program due to it's reliance on 'space based' aspects of it's operation. 'IF' that were the case, it would come as know suprise that many of our enemies would love us to come to the table for that agreement. Our strength is technology...if we must defend ourselves on their terms ...'terrorists'-anything goes fanatics, chinese-man power or Russia-nuke for nuke...we lose, every time and this is only one weapon system. I therefore believe strongly that GW was correct to neither reveal or forfeit our 'cards'.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by M Remington View Post
    It sounds to me like he's cranking down the rhetoric and the machismo that plagued us during the Bush administration. That's a good thing! I feel comfortable that we can respond with our other weapons systems to any act of aggression. The next thing you know, you'll be whining if Obama kills the non-functional missile shield.

Do you really think Obama is going to cripple our national defense?
    NO, I think he is going to gut it.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by M Remington View Post
    Do you really think Obama is going to cripple our national defense?

My honest answer to that question is...yes